PDA

View Full Version : CRV vibration

paulo
05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am hoping there are a few late model (2004) CRV owners out there who can maybe help me with a problem. Since new, the car has had an erratic idle. It's not REALLY bad but it IS starting to bug me. Sitting at traffic lights for example I can feel a vibration through my seat and the floor and the engine seems to be hunting up and down. The Honda dealer I bought it off has confirmed it and wants to sort it out but has been told by Honda Australia that it is normal and that nothing should be done to "fix" it under warranty as they believe there is nothing to fix! I complain at every service and I have even taken a rep from Honda for a drive. Even though he could feel it he refuses to accept there is anything wrong and gave me some rubbish about 4x4 engine mounts being stiffer than a normal car. I have even asked other owners I have seen at servos and supermarkets if they have noticed anything with their cars. So far none have.
I would be interested to know if anyone else has a similar problem. Am I being too pedantic and picky?
While I have your attention (hopefully) can anyone help me with what the valve clearances should be. I can't find a manual anywhere.