PDA

View Full Version : is my car normal?

89civic
05-11-2006, 07:23 PM
hey all, ive been wanting to know if its normal for a car ( my car) to not chirp 2nd in the wet and struggle to do it on dirt roads. it seems like ive lost a bit of power since i bought it, pretty much since i changed my clutch to a exedy heavy duty. it use to chirp with the standard clutch until it started slipping.

so, is it normal for it not to chirp? only does it if i flat shift
btw the car is a stock 89 civic, d15b4

Spunkymonkey
05-11-2006, 07:28 PM
hey all, ive been wanting to know if its normal for a car ( my car) to not chirp 2nd in the wet and struggle to do it on dirt roads. it seems like ive lost a bit of power since i bought it, pretty much since i changed my clutch to a exedy heavy duty. it use to chirp with the standard clutch until it started slipping.

so, is it normal for it not to chirp? only does it if i flat shift
btw the car is a stock 89 civic, d15b4

perhaps you're getting more bite with the new clutch and its gripping better?

depends on your tyres as well. are they worn in, were they brand new when they were chirping before.

I prefer not to have chirping -cause that means wheel spin :p

89civic
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
the old tires wernt brand new but still had heaps of tread on them, i got new wet weather tires on it not to long ago, but the wheels spin so easy when taking off in first but still doesnt wanna chirp 2nd. i dont always wanna chirp, jus wanna be able to get it going when i want to.

acceleration seems pretty crap to, i cleaned the carbs today with carby cleaner spray and it seemed to make it a tad more responsive

Jord
06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
mine chirps second easy and if u flatten it in second u can get it to spin to redline in the wet of course :P carby mods will be coming soon see if there is any difference :)

aaronng
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Change your spark plugs and fuel filter recently? Also, clean your carby with carby cleaner.

EuroDude
08-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Also check the Air Filter, a dirty filter can have a huge effect on performance. Go for a K&N panel filter :thumbsup:
And do an oil and oil filter change ftw.

jayjaydo
08-11-2006, 07:33 PM
flat shift! yike poor lil gear box :P