PDA

View Full Version : EG/DC Spring on EF/ED?

civic_mods
07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
EG/DC Spring on EF/ED?
can i use EG/DC spring on EF/ED?
just done a search but can't find anythings
or what spring can EF/ED use?

SINISTR
07-11-2006, 12:38 AM
EG/DC Spring on EF/ED?
can i use EG/DC spring on EF/ED?
just done a search but can't find anythings
or what spring can EF/ED use?

you can use EF/ED springs only... its unfortunate but thats the way it is. If it was that easy everyone who has ED/EF civics/CRXs would be rolling around on some sweet coilover suspension but its not the case.

Same as AH/AF/AS stuff can't be used anywhere else or substitured with ED/EF etc.

civic_mods
07-11-2006, 12:40 AM
so CRX spring (i mean Gen1 & Gen 2mnot delsol)can be use on ED civic if i m not wrong?
and that is the only option?

kyle
07-11-2006, 12:41 AM
we put EG super lows on KT's Ef9 and they fit. but its the same height as stock. lol

SINISTR
07-11-2006, 01:17 AM
gen1 CRXs have torsion bars on the front - so they won't be usable on gen2s at all.

Kyle - surprising, but that could be the difference - its the geometry and other components that don't fit or make the changes to the suspension even tho the hats on the top may fit the bolt distances etc.

panda[cRx]
07-11-2006, 11:43 AM
errrr mike i'm pretty sure you can change full to eg/dc coilovers.... just gotta swap over the lca's too.

or you could just get something made for the car. i've got eibach coilvers on the way :)

SINISTR
07-11-2006, 11:57 AM
yeah - you can get coilovers for the ED/EF but not the EG/DC ones to fit ED/EF.

its not the lower control arms that differ, its the whole rear trailing arm, the height of the wheel arch to where the shock mounts etc and front is different too.

Hence when Kyle changed Superlows from EK to EF - they were same height as stock.

civic_mods
08-11-2006, 01:36 AM
ok,thx for the advice guys~
actually i m only looking for super low spring to drop the car for about 50mm+
so if i use superlow for EG/EK(50mm drop) for them,afte fit to ED/EF it won't drop the ride height,right?

ekslut
08-11-2006, 07:40 AM
yeah - you can get coilovers for the ED/EF but not the EG/DC ones to fit ED/EF.

You can get EG/DC2 coilovers to fit on ED/EF's, I have done it and so have a lot of others. The front you will need to use EG forks, and the rear you will need to match the right control arms to the model the suspension is made for (JDM and type r use one type with the hole in it, audm use a different solid type LCA). The heights also wont be the same as if they were fitted to a EG/DC2 (front shock on a EG is about 1" longer), but if they are adjustable this can be fixed.

But if you are looking at just changing the springs then this will not work, as the shocks are longer on the EG/DC2's it would not lower the car anyways even if it did fit onto the shock.

civic_mods
08-11-2006, 03:10 PM
You can get EG/DC2 coilovers to fit on ED/EF's, I have done it and so have a lot of others. The front you will need to use EG forks, and the rear you will need to match the right control arms to the model the suspension is made for (JDM and type r use one type with the hole in it, audm use a different solid type LCA). The heights also wont be the same as if they were fitted to a EG/DC2 (front shock on a EG is about 1" longer), but if they are adjustable this can be fixed.

But if you are looking at just changing the springs then this will not work, as the shocks are longer on the EG/DC2's it would not lower the car anyways even if it did fit onto the shock.

very details explaninaton!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:
+1 Reputation!!!