PDA

View Full Version : air ride suspension?

he-tec
31-05-2004, 09:16 AM
hey all..
has anyone got a air ride suspensoin kit done to their prelude :?:
as im considering getting it done, any ideas or experiences with this type of suspension. is it legal :?: kan we get these kits engineered :?:
i know its a bit pricey but i think its all worth it

A'PEXi
31-05-2004, 03:04 PM
us spec ground zero air struts :D apparently they are engineered.

he-tec
31-05-2004, 04:36 PM
where can i get?

:evil: (tubular suspension systems wahroonga, sydney want $9000 wtf) :P
full package installed, engineered

anywhere else :shock:

traNce_gl
31-05-2004, 04:37 PM
air cylinders are ur best chance and yes u get them enginerred the place where u get them install usually does it for u

poid
31-05-2004, 04:51 PM
it can depending on what you want done, there's an accord going round that spent something like 12k on his setup if i remember right.

Burnin' Customs in QLD had an air cylinder package for around 4k when i last talked to them. Dont expect too much from it though, and they will probably tell you its not legal either (something about it not having an internal shock absorber). The plus side is that they mount up very easily

he-tec
31-05-2004, 06:10 PM
12k?? :shock: woah wat da f*&% did he do lol
'dont expect too much from it' what do u mean by that poid?
anyone have the number for burnin customs?

poid
31-05-2004, 06:34 PM
i mean that the car will go up and down quite slowly, the ride will probably not be the best either.

I dont have their number with me, but a quick check of the yellow pages should find it pretty easily

Calvo
01-06-2004, 10:40 AM
$9k+ is the going rate for airbagging a car these days. thats if u want it done properly, i mean have it engineered and have a half decent air suspension setup. u gotta remember that they dont just fix the suspension etc, they also gotta make sure ur car aint gonna fall apart wen u decide to move it.

he-tec
01-06-2004, 03:56 PM
burnincustoms.com have the air kit for my car $3300 they said it now has shocks in the air suspension or sumfin so i should be able to get it engineered (rang them today) said they r gna look for an engineer dude for me before i purchase the kit..

thanks for the info n advice guys n girls keep it comin

(sumone with this type of kit got any info??)

traNce_gl
01-06-2004, 07:57 PM
yep thats good price but that doesent include installation..?

my mate has a white eg civic and he has the setup from burning custom..deflate and inflate fast and u can do 3 wheelies

poid
01-06-2004, 08:44 PM
it does include installation, because the installation on those kits is so damn easy.

So they have internal shocks now? Interesting :)

he-tec
02-06-2004, 09:54 AM
yeh the guy said they now have internal shocks
burnin customs told me around $1000- $1500 to install
i heard the air suspension was suitable for track too

trance gl- do u know where ur mate got his civic done, did he get it engineered as well, has he experienced any problems so far?

poid
02-06-2004, 12:17 PM
there you go, kit must be more now cos it used to be 3,500 including install

If its the same as the last one, its should bolt right in to where the stock struts go. So the only difficulty is then running all the lines and wiring

traNce_gl
03-06-2004, 03:13 PM
yeh the guy said they now have internal shocks
burnin customs told me around $1000- $1500 to install

trance gl- do u know where ur mate got his civic done, did he get it engineered as well, has he experienced any problems so far?

my mate got it from burning customs..he installed it himself the only prob he had one cylinder was leakin air ( had a hole in it ) but he got another one ...but he hasent go any other probs...its a head turner for sure

vtk94lude
04-06-2004, 03:12 AM

QOUTE OF THE WEEK>

ye you can still go track but it'll feel like jelly once you try take a corner at a resonable speed.

he-tec
04-06-2004, 01:10 PM
hmm u got air susp?

he-tec
04-06-2004, 01:10 PM
hmm u got air susp?

he-tec
04-06-2004, 01:13 PM
cool.. traNce gl.. do u know where he got it engineered?
or could you find out ;)

COPTZA
09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
I have chatted to guys who have it buy not anyone in a Honda. Most of them seem real happy witht he setup from Burning customs. :)

aznluder
09-08-2004, 01:16 PM
just buy a lexus soarer with factory airbag suspensions and w'ere all happy :D

traNce_gl
09-08-2004, 03:49 PM
just buy a lexus soarer with factory airbag suspensions and w'ere all happy :D

yeh u be waiting like 1 min for them to deflate lol

as for the engenerring..u can engineered them at any place they engineer stuff

FORGED
26-08-2004, 04:52 PM
My brother has cylinders in his accord - from burning customs. We did the install over a weekend pretty much, its not too difficult. However, it is probably better if you install them yourself (if you have the knowledge) because you can systematically go through the system if you have any problems, which are bound to happen at one time or another.
As far as the ride is concerned, its pretty smooth, but around corners there is heaps of body roll and also axle tramp if you try to accelerate too quick.
The kits used to be $2900 at Burning, but they are down to around 2 large as the owner Reece is going to sell the business.
They are also very quick, contrary to what someone else said, you can pretty much bounce the back wheels off the ground on a full tank.
Definately worth the money if you want a headturner ;)
Good luck.