PDA

View Full Version : Jazz with dc5r full set engine...

X8TEENX
11-11-2006, 04:22 PM
my friend willing to upgrade his Jazz with put in dc5r engine since he saw japan's car magazine...not sure about how much will cost for him to installed those things??and is tat any turbo kits can fit into jazz??he will willing to pay about 10k on this project...any suggestion??:D

Poeter
11-11-2006, 04:34 PM
I think if he's doing it as a hobby kind of thing then go for the conversion.

If he's doing it because it was in the magazine and to impress friends, i dont think he should bother. Reason being is because he can sell his jazz and just buy a dc5r and save himself from headaches.

panda[cRx]
11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
it'll take more than 10k to do dc5r engine and brake conversion

X8TEENX
11-11-2006, 04:46 PM
so he better doin up with just a turbo kits??does G-reddy doing jazz's turbo kits?

X8TEENX
11-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I think if he's doing it as a hobby kind of thing then go for the conversion.

If he's doing it because it was in the magazine and to impress friends, i dont think he should bother. Reason being is because he can sell his jazz and just buy a dc5r and save himself from headaches.

he had a dc5 be4 and he 'bang' it...(total lost).....after that he change to jazz

hinezz
11-11-2006, 05:44 PM
10grand will get u a dc5 frontcut jst 2 start off wit da conversion..let alone the conversion costs..

X8TEENX
11-11-2006, 06:01 PM
the half cut might be around 5k (not sure including gear box,etc or not), then ppl told me the conversion for engine and interior would be around 5k...then they say the ECU convert would cost like 5k....

hinezz
11-11-2006, 06:06 PM
wel i got quoted 10grand for frontcut which includes k20a engine, gearbox, dash, front hubs, and brakes.. dats jst me i guess

and in terms of conversion..im not sure what wud be the exact cost coz its hard trying 2 get the k20a into the engine bay (not saying its impossible). alot of modification and customisation i assume..

X8TEENX
11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
wel i got quoted 10grand for frontcut which includes k20a engine, gearbox, dash, front hubs, and brakes.. dats jst me i guess

and in terms of conversion..im not sure what wud be the exact cost coz its hard trying 2 get the k20a into the engine bay (not saying its impossible). alot of modification and customisation i assume..

labor would be around 5k in perth...but just ECU convert takes more time...i think i would just ask my fren go for turbo kits:)

anjingbalap
11-11-2006, 11:30 PM
i'm from perth

me and NvM installing turbocharger... NvM should be finish by now.. n my car will be finish around 22 nov... :) so far it still under 6k

anjingbalap
11-11-2006, 11:57 PM
if u make/install turbo kit.. is better not 2 make with custom turbo (subaru turbo).. cause it will be produce lot of turbo lag...unless u use top mount intercooler.

Atm my car on workshop doing some turbo installation..

before i put some turbo 2 my car engine i research around to get the best turbo...

there are 3 turbo kit available for jazz in market
HKS - Japan
Topfuel(similar to hks) - Japan
skunk2 - USA

HKS ($7500-8000) (max power 115-130kw) max Psi : 10psi (8psi to be safe)
For Honda Jazz GD3/GD4 (best on GD3)

Turbo Charger internal wastegate (garret sumting i forgot)
turbo manifold and down pipe
HKS air intake
F-con tuned for honda jazz GD3
SSQV blow off valve
and all turbo piping and intake piping
Silicone Hose + clamp
Intercooler + piping(extra another $900-1100)
depending wheter top mount or front mount

Top Fuel($4000-5000) (max power 115-135kw) Max Psi: 10psi (8psi to be safe)
for Honda jazz GD3/GD4 (best on GD3)

Turbo Charger internal wastegate (garret sumting(same as HKS)
TopFuel Carbon Air Intake + piping
turbo manifold + down pipe
OIL SUMP/tank <-- give u extra oil tank (only if u bought it straight from TOPFUEL factory)
OiL return line...
Water Line Kit (cooling turbo from radiator water, so the water is circulating in turbo charger)
F-con for jazz gd3
nb: top fuel doesnt have any intercooler but u can install Intercooler + SSQV HKS approx $1000-1500...

Skunk2 ($9000-12000) (max power 120-160kw) max Psi: Unknown ( i heard it can run till 10-15psi)
Only for GD3

Turbo: Innovative Turbo Systems with Super Duplex Bearing System with internal wastegate, ITS blow-off valve
- Skunk2 Racing Downpipe
- Skunk2 Racing Turbo Manifold
- RC Injectors
- PWR Skunk2 custom intercooler
- PWR Skunk2 custom radiator
- Skunk2 Oil Sump
- PWR Water Line Cooler

if u want better/Max power (160kw) u can spend more around $3000-5000
- Skunk2 Racing Throttle Body
- Skunk2 Racing full stainless Mega Power R (60mm) exhaust system
- Magnaflow Catalytic Converter
- Quaife LSD
- Driveshaft Shop custom high-performance level 5 axles
- ACT Custom Clutch
- ACT Custom Flywheel
- Hondata ECU Program
- Magnaflow Hi-Flow Catalytic Converter
- Braille Lightweight Battery
- NGK Sparkplugs: Iridium BKR7EIX
- Torco Oil: SR5 5/20

Installing the turbo Cost approx $2500-3500.. Custom Turbo Exhaust approx 300-1200

note : HKS and Top fuel must imported from japan the Custom duty is around 15-18%
Skunk2 from USA = Free trade agreement

atm... i'm trying to install TOPFUEL turbo charger... why? because its cheap and the same performance as the HKS one...