PDA

View Full Version : EK4 headlights

Encor3
11-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi guys
Just got a new car, Driving it home the front left headlights went bust, but seem to work on high beam but not low beam.
So heres my situation now.
Lamps aren't blown, because highbeam works,
Lowbeam only works on the right headlight but not the left, i did a search but couldn't find anything, google suggested that it could be a low beam relay problem??
Anyone got a solution?
Thanks

Encor3
11-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I found out that all that was needed to fix this problem was jiggling the connector towards the headlights.

roar
12-11-2006, 02:06 AM
ek's use H4 headlight globes

these globes have two filaments inside them. one operates for low beam, the other operates with highbeams.

however, if the lowbeam turns on by "jiggling the connector", it may be a good idea to grab a new connector and replace the old one. Don't worry, its easily DIY'able

Encor3
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
another question.
I want to replace the parker lights but i couldn't even get the connector out of the houseing.. do you need to twist it or something?

roar
12-11-2006, 04:32 PM
i think its a twist type yer

bigjo5
13-11-2006, 06:57 PM
is ur light globe adaptors melted?

Jadis'
14-11-2006, 03:16 AM
another question.
I want to replace the parker lights but i couldn't even get the connector out of the houseing.. do you need to twist it or something?

Check the manual that came with the car. There are illustrations that show you exactly how to replace the parkers. Your manual is your friend.