PDA

View Full Version : 88-91 Civic and CRX parts interchangeable?

Jord
13-11-2006, 03:24 PM
hey guys, i have search but couldnt find wat i was after...

i was wondering if 88-91 Civic and CRX parts are interchangeable? parts such as lowered springs, suspension components, even bodykits?

any help would b gr8

-Jord

phantom_civic
13-11-2006, 07:32 PM
yes, some parts u cant.

panda[cRx]
13-11-2006, 07:34 PM
many parts are interchangable but obviously it all comes down to specifics

Jord
13-11-2006, 07:58 PM
i was thinking of getting CRX standard springs and getting them reset. because it is easier to findCRX stuff then civic gear.....

egSi
13-11-2006, 08:03 PM
i can source EF/ED stuff mate :thumbsup:

Setanta
13-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a complete EF9 inc lowered shocks waiting to be bolted into an ED6... looks like my buyer has fallen through.

i_own_you
13-11-2006, 10:30 PM
i was thinking of getting CRX standard springs and getting them reset. because it is easier to findCRX stuff then civic gear.....

actually, its the other way around.

speaking from experience that is.

Bayani
14-11-2006, 04:02 AM
damn right T.T

Jord
14-11-2006, 10:35 AM
i found that CRX parts are easier to source because they is a specific site being crxaus where everyone posts. the only sites i can find for ED/EF civics are civic4g.....which is an overseas site. i hate living in tasmania...

Dylanamus
14-11-2006, 08:54 PM
We post a lot because we CAN'T find information and we need extra help haha I have the exact opposite sentiment to you, Jord, and often think buying a Civic would have been a wiser choice, but I'm sticking with the rex through the good and the bad :P

Jord
15-11-2006, 08:34 AM
I find it hard because there arent many 4th Gen civic sites in australia, or one for that matter, i mean i absolutely love my car have to say i rate it as one of the nicest shaped civics (my opinion). wat i ment by heaps of post was that on sites such as CRX aus there are always parts like crx suspension for sale. Living in hobart doesnt help either aqs we have next to know walk in get ur shit an leave wreckers (one to my knowledge). I agree with you if i had a CRX i wouldnt be giving up during the bad times ;) At least u got an efi motor :P

Dylanamus
15-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Just open your eyes, mate. Almost every time I'm out looking for parts for my CRX, I get cockblocked by the Civic. If aftermarket Civic parts were rain, then I'd have to trade my CRX for a boat.

Sure there may not be a local civic specific forum, but the civic section on a forum like this should provide a huge array of information for you. Also, the vast majority of parts for sale in the marketplace section here are for Civics are are probably compatable in one way or another.

Sounds to me like you're stuck on the other side of the fence in a case of the grass is greener. Looks a lot greener on your side from over here, mate hehe but I hate colours, that's why my car is black ;)

Dylanamus
15-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm not well versed with Civic models etc, but I see in your avatar you quote an 89 GL? If that's what you're refering to then I can tell you my mate who just sold his :P got aftermarket springs/shocks and exhaust fitted to it without any hassle at all.

Dxs
15-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Jord..
you have an ED.. you can do anything really

there are mount kits from the US easily availble for b series h series and k series conversions

you can pretty much get any shocks/coilovers as long as you change some control arms

if you look at hondatech EF forums (they call their ED's EF's.. i dont understand why). They have done everything under the sun with their ED civics.

you have a good base.. as in body and chassis.. your engine will be crap etc. because it is still just a budget car. But if you plan to get sussy and engine conversion then there is a lot of potential