PDA

View Full Version : Speaker sizes of dc2 + Ideal tweeter location?

arron
13-11-2006, 09:39 PM
hey, i know that there was a thread about the rear speaker size (6"), but wondering what size the fronts take...

and also, can anyone suggest some good tweeter locations on a dc2 without excessive modification or cutting of the door panel?

m3ntAL_l2
13-11-2006, 09:40 PM
u could always buy a 2/3way speaker. which hav the tweeter build in

solitz
13-11-2006, 10:17 PM
well i got 6.5" speakers in the front of my DC4..but i had to make that MDF mounting bracket inorder for the magnet not to hit the glass. (it was a big mofo magnet)...from memory the G3 integra has about 2inches to play with from the window to the mounting point..b4 u need a MDF bracket.
also i think the door has a pre-made factory tweeter mounting house just near the door handle but for better sound imaging i have mine near the power mirrors....if you wont want to do excessive cutting of the dooru could do what i did or maybe even place it on ur dashboard with tweets facing you (but wiring through the door isnt my thing...too lazy >.<)

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=248
that is the ideal speaker sizes for our DC2/DC4

hope that helps..if need anymore just shoot us a pm coz im in the middle of replacing my speakers aswell.

bungsai
13-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Take off you door trims and you will see the stock location for tweeters in a dc2. The yanks got the tweeters, we didnt, but the lines indicating where to cut is still there.

To give you an indication of where to look

look at the door trim top right hand of this pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/bungsai/mini-R0012278.jpg

Muzz
13-11-2006, 11:51 PM
just take the covers off ur stock speakers and measure them, easy.

reguarding the tweeters its good to have a play around and see where they sound best, for the best sound stage. Where they are placed can make a big differance to the sound.

I believe (im certainly no expert, far far from it) alot of the time, after playing around they end up at the base of the a pillars, firing towards the occupant in the seat on the opposite side of the vechicle, it also depends on how they need to be mounted too i guess.

I like the idea posted above, looks neat and tidy:thumbsup:

DSNTGR8
14-11-2006, 10:02 AM
I've got 6.5 soundstream tarantulas in my frontdoor. if you dont wanna cut out your door to put the tweeters in there, put them by the side mirrors

Spunkymonkey
14-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I've just got 6 inch speakers in the front doors and I've got tweeters mounted in the same spot as that pic posted above, with the small black cover on top of the tweeter - looks so much better (but I bought the car with them already)

marvo
15-11-2006, 12:00 AM
tweeter locations would be entirely up to you
before you decide, put up some bluetack behind the tweeters and try different positions.

some tweeters may be too harsh for you if they're up high (near you), and people mount them at the kickpanels to avoid this.

but yea, experiment first!

Chronos
19-11-2006, 05:25 PM
i found that placing the tweeters on the mirror sails made them sound way to bright. even if i applied attinuation, they lost clarity and still didnt achieve fluid sound.

ive recently moved them into the door trims like in the above picture. much better sound quality. very smooth and they look heaps better in this new location.

before you decide, get lots of blu-tac and move them around until your happy.

note: tweeters = Focal TN52

shebangs
20-11-2006, 01:43 PM
I got DA m6's and they sound crazy in my DC2. Tweeters are mounted on the corner edges right beside the windscreen.

Chuckz
21-11-2006, 07:31 PM
6.5" speakers will fit in the front and back of the dc2/4 without any problem.

solitz
21-11-2006, 07:48 PM
yeah true that but its the depth for front speakers that will be the issue..otherwise it will affect how the window travels