PDA

View Full Version : licence plate rattle....

gbang007
14-11-2006, 12:32 PM
hi guys,
i have a sub and on certain sounds.....its rattles the crap out of the boot......mainly the number plate on the back and the back bumper or somthing around there........i have out some sound dampener stuff inside.....it has helped but it doesnt completely fix the problem. anyone got any ideas on how to stop the plate and bar rattling?

honda_ek4
14-11-2006, 12:35 PM
take the number plate out and put foam at the back of it.
should be fine:thumbsup:

mj3610
14-11-2006, 01:29 PM
or just put double sided tape behind it, you wont be able to do anything about the bumper exept take it off, spray with ALOT of sound deadner on the inside and put it back on and see how it goes, i'd use about 2 whole cans on the back bumper.
get some sound deadning sheets for the boot and use a hair dryer to put it on. (you'll need about 2 sheets, they're normally around $20 a sheet)

phantom_civic
14-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeh with the no. plate use Insulating tape.
Its like double sided tape with abit of a foamy material on the otherside.

Encor3
14-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I fixed this on my Jazz, just go into bunnings, ask for rubber washers (like ones used in taps, put them on the plates and havn't had a rattle at all.

Kandy
14-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeh with the no. plate use Insulating tape.
Its like double sided tape with abit of a foamy material on the otherside.
I had that, worked really well. Also had dynomat on it in the middle areas.

I've changed my plates, but haven't bothered getting anymore and it rattles like anything now!

EuroDude
14-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeh try some foam, worked well on my civic :thumbsup:

JaCe
15-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I get this on my Civic too- not just the bumper, but the spoiler too.

ian
15-11-2006, 08:16 PM
I fixed this on my Jazz, just go into bunnings, ask for rubber washers (like ones used in taps, put them on the plates and havn't had a rattle at all.
yeup!......or rubber grommets. put em on the screw on either side of the number plate....it should help a bit.
OR
turn the volume down.........hahaha

ICACHA
15-11-2006, 11:03 PM
turn the volume down :)

DSNTGR8
16-11-2006, 08:47 AM
turn the volume down :)

lol thats no fun though

ICACHA
16-11-2006, 09:26 PM
its when others have the shits with how loud the music is, i dont mind if windows are closed, but when people have all the windows open with the music blaring it makes me feel like throwing a dead fish in their car.

its called NOISE POLLUTION no if's or but's, its a finable offence.

the people i see like that must surely have big man-small dick syndrone and most are P platers wanting to impress their mates (yes i was one also, but more sensible than todays young adults). for those who wish to do some free advertising for theives, by all means dont stop doing what your doing :D LMAO

iket
23-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I bent my number plate just a tiny bit aye.
It stopped the rattling, and you can't even tell the plate's bent.

I guess you also avoid damaging your plate or bumper. :thumbdwn: