PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club Spec III Plus Camshafts???

Malenic1981
14-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these cams, I just found out today about them, on BC website it says they are bolt on replacement, so there is no need for retainers, springs, pullys ect.
I don't know much about these things (only what I read) so any help is good.

This is what I read

Ideal for stret use
Direct Bolt-On
Patent pending lob e forming technology for low to midrange torque
Provides smooth constant power throughout the power

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/product/racing_spec_parts/racing_spec_parts_img/DYNO.jpg

Base Dyno: B16 w/ GSR Cams and GSR Headers 170.9HP, 123.8TQ
Buddy Club Dyno: B16 with SPEC III+ CAMS and GSR Headers 184.9HP, 129.4TQ

That's dyno result they have, it looks good to me, by the way i drive DC2R, would it make same gains as b16 they tested??

phantom_civic
14-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I have them on my car, u'll need value springs.
Well I dunno if I got any power from the cams but yeh.
U'll need an aftermarket ECU to get more from them.

SINISTR
14-11-2006, 06:56 PM
LJ - to get best results from a bolt in set of aftermarket cams its always good to get a set of cam gears and an ECU. That way when tuned you're using all the right boltons to get the most HP. Cams alone won't do much, a little but gears will allow them to open and close at the right time as well as the ECU (piggy back should be sufficient) will get the A/F ratios right.

Ofcourse a step up from there is doing headwork, port and polish - compression ratio increase etc...

Malenic1981
14-11-2006, 07:04 PM
If I decide to go with cams I would definitly get Power FC and cam gears, but that would be most likely early next year, I want something simple and reliable, woudn't want to do all headwork ect, I'm just doing some research at the moment so when time comes I have some idea of what I want, and pretty much by descripton these cams and ECU would be perfect for my needs.

SINISTR
14-11-2006, 07:11 PM
You will get a small gain with just the cams - thats the basic mod and if the profile isn't too harsh you'll get away without the ECU/Cam Gears at the start.

one of my friends is running a mild grind cam in his CRX and on stock ECU and no cam gears the acceleration difference was insane!

matt
14-11-2006, 09:44 PM
so it starts LJ hehe...

Malenic1981
15-11-2006, 12:01 AM
haha not yet just getting some info and options in my head, hope to get it all done in the first half of next year (need to save up a bit hehe)

matt
15-11-2006, 12:17 AM
yeah i know what you mean, i've been thinking about the possibility of cams and ECU recently. one powerball!!

Malenic1981
15-11-2006, 01:15 AM
hehe powerball, thanks god for WA boom (mining industry) hehe, few weeks up north shoud fix everything hehe