PDA

View Full Version : 10000km Service

TypeG
15-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Just did my 10000km service at Garry & Warren Smith Honda. They are the best dealer I ever go. They even check and tighten the my header which is a DIY job. It cost me $184.10 and using their own oil as they dont use my owm oil for insurance reason but it is fine as I can change it anytime myself after 5000km. I swtch to this dealer because Astoria Honda scratches my rear bumper but I cant complaint cause I notice it after i went back home.:(

Atjo
15-11-2006, 05:30 PM
So, is the hissing sound from the header gone?

TypeG
15-11-2006, 06:07 PM
no coz they just tighten it
i will get a proper mechanic to look at it later

yfin
16-11-2006, 03:38 PM
as they dont use my owm oil for insurance reason
Are you for real? What a load of bollocks - insurance reasons. That is where I purchased my car and have had it serviced there a number of times with my own oil. If they give me the "insurance reasons" business next time I will tell them I will go to another dealer.

I wouldn't say they are the best dealer - I had the condensation in the headlight issue (a common problem) and they refused to change the light until condensation occurred twice in the same light. I asked them to change it the first time it occured but they insisted on "drying out the light" with their method... Their method lasted until the next time I washed the car. Time wasters. When I was in Perth Honda in Scarborough agreed without looking at the car to give me a new headlight.

TypeG
16-11-2006, 04:00 PM
are u serious? fuXk G&W in Mebourne right? OMFG that's dodgy then as they told me the same shit one year ago while i am still have my jazz.

Are you for real? What a load of bollocks - insurance reasons. That is where I purchased my car and have had it serviced there a number of times with my own oil. If they give me the "insurance reasons" business next time I will tell them I will go to another dealer.

I wouldn't say they are the best dealer - I had the condensation in the headlight issue (a common problem) and they refused to change the light until condensation occurred twice in the same light. I asked them to change it the first time it occured but they insisted on "drying out the light" with their method... Their method lasted until the next time I washed the car. Time wasters. When I was in Perth Honda in Scarborough agreed without looking at the car to give me a new headlight.

yfin
16-11-2006, 04:03 PM
are u serious? fuXk G&W in Mebourne right? OMFG that's dodgy then as they told me the same shit one year ago while i am still have my jazz.
Yeah in Oakleigh. But before you get excited I have been away for all of 2006 and during June to Dec 05 the car was serviced in Perth as I was living there short term with work.

So the last time the car was serviced with GWS was prior to June 2005. So maybe they have changed their policy since then. Either way - if they give me "insurance reasons" for not letting me use more superior oil - I'll let them know they have lost a customer. I have had 3 or 4 services with them using my own oil.

TypeG
16-11-2006, 04:31 PM
hm,......... i may need to try other dealer then
these are the two closest dealer from my house already =(

jamchen
16-11-2006, 05:06 PM
well... idealy people would go to the dealer close to their homes...
luckily i have 2 within my area and i always go to the one with C&P for their initials..:P:P they have brand new workshops and very friendly staffs there...
and alos positively on their quality of servies...
and its where UNLS1 works..

tanalasta
16-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Both Prestige and Burswood Honda allow you to bring your own oil and subtract the $40 cost off service price. Make sure you give them notice when you're booking.

Neither use Honda FEO unless you request them. Shell Helix is sooo dodgy :P

Atjo
17-11-2006, 07:14 AM
I service my car at JB Honda and they use Castrol for the oil, is it good? Which oil is better for the car?

euro77
17-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Castrol oil is good. I think what Honda dealer use is the semi-synthetic version (or so I heard).

I used to use Castrol Formula R, then switched to Motul 300V Chrono, which is even better :thumbsup: (but expensive :D)