PDA

View Full Version : Type R rear wing on Type S

wing2
16-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone, was wondering if its possible to replace the existing [tiny] spoiler on the type S with one from the type R? I tried but the panel beater says tehre are holes and that short of changing the entire back panel (including the rear windscreen), it shouldn't be done or it might damage the car... any comments?

matt
16-11-2006, 09:47 PM
well its not reallt gonna damage it except that you'll have another set of holes to fit the type r wing. you can just put plugs in the holes from the type s wing.

IAMVTEC
17-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I will never understand why they replaced the type R body with the type S one. Why would you try and mess up a good thing. the R was the best looking coupe on the market, in terms of looks it destroys stuff like the evolution and RX8s and those.

The DC5 facelift killed it. The new version just doesnt look right. Like a girls car.

kikkoman
18-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I will never understand why they replaced the type R body with the type S one. Why would you try and mess up a good thing. the R was the best looking coupe on the market, in terms of looks it destroys stuff like the evolution and RX8s and those.

The DC5 facelift killed it. The new version just doesnt look right. Like a girls car.

lol?!

destrukshn
18-11-2006, 05:55 PM

er.. your car looks more like a girls car.
lol.

TypeG
18-11-2006, 05:58 PM

that's why not much ppl modify the new DC5 and switch to other car

Speeder
18-11-2006, 06:31 PM

All your comments are subjective, rendering them useless. So stop being arrogant.

IAMVTEC
18-11-2006, 08:46 PM
er.. your car looks more like a girls car.
lol.

Not really, its bigger for a start. I agree the lines arent very manly tho.

jdmlvn
18-11-2006, 08:53 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/jdmlvn/IMGP05301.jpg

Q_ball
18-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Keep the useless comments and flaming to a low plz.

05dc5S
18-11-2006, 10:05 PM
it's been done many times before... there are 10 holes to filll though

you might wanna consider swapping the whole hatch with a dc5r one if u can find one of the same colour?

wing2
18-11-2006, 10:28 PM
but 05dc5s, how should I plug the holes and with what?

05dc5S
18-11-2006, 10:38 PM
just go to your local hardware store and buy some rubber (caps?) that will fit in and u can paint the top of the rubber cap with touch up paint to match your car colour.

maracer
19-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Found this one. Looks like the original one still stays on there?

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4226/hondaintegra4ff9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

matt
19-11-2006, 07:06 PM
^^^ thats prolly teh A-spec kit option for the RSX

panda[cRx]
19-11-2006, 07:27 PM

evo's never came in a coupe, i think you are refering to lancers with droid kits:wave:

xdannyx
20-11-2006, 06:53 PM
just go to your local hardware store and buy some rubber (caps?) that will fit in and u can paint the top of the rubber cap with touch up paint to match your car colour.

they're called grommets, if you paint them you don't notice them too much. get ones that fit tight, they're rubber so you can squish them in good!

DC5TYPER
20-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I use a GT Wing on my DC5R and to fill the holes of original wing I use the rubber grommets from places like Autobarn, They fit well cos you have squeeze them in tight and its very good at stopping water from getting inside the boot. I wouldnt use the plastic ones some people do, you'll get water leaks.