PDA

View Full Version : Euro /TSX Colours...

Gibbo
17-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Well i was just going throught the gallery section and checking out the "post a clean euro" thread and wondered what all the other countries had as colour choices for the CL7, CL8 and CL9 The year models they also came out in would be nice too ( if you know that is...) Also - what colours do you think they should bring the euro out in and what colours have and havent worked eg. Suits the body style/prestige of the car etc. Cheers Gibbo.
(I hope this is in the right section cause even though it is about appearance it is relevant to the euro and the opinion of the forum as to which direction the thread takes.)

nick_7g
17-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Ive seen a purple ones, not sure of year and what not. But i never saw purple in the booklet.

destrukshn
17-11-2006, 10:31 PM
2003 purple was released, then taken off.
dunnoes why, it was such a hot colour for the euro.
this was for the australian market as well.

destrukshn
17-11-2006, 10:32 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47696&highlight=euro+paint+codes

there's a link, it was called, indigo blue pearl.
dunno why it was called that, becuase it sure looked purple to me.
lol.

aaronng
18-11-2006, 12:43 AM
All the blues look purple in the sunlight. Even Arctic blue.

All the colours are the same except that the TSX comes in that purple-tinted silver colour and we get a brown colour next year.

And when you get a TSX, you get a choice of interior colour, unlike the Euro.

Type R Positive
19-11-2006, 02:25 AM
And when you get a TSX, you get a choice of interior colour, unlike the Euro.
That's the part I don't like. At least you can get the black / black now.....

Slugoid
19-11-2006, 12:04 PM
They should bring out white with black interior. White on the Euro is sexy, but nobody buys white because of the ivory interior.

Japan has a blueish silver similar to the s2k one, and I think it looks quite nice on the Euro:
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORD/color/bluishsilver-m/bluishsilver-m.jpg

_CiVIC_
20-11-2006, 09:08 AM
hrmm

whats the difference between the alabaster silver and the satin silver???

my one is the alabaster silver...

aaronng
20-11-2006, 11:39 AM
hrmm

whats the difference between the alabaster silver and the satin silver???

my one is the alabaster silver...

If you look at your car in the evening sun, you'll notice a tinge of blue. The Satin silver doesn't have that.

Didn't know that alabaster silver is here in Oz already.

BIGBLUE
20-11-2006, 04:40 PM
They should bring out white with black interior. White on the Euro is sexy, but nobody buys white because of the ivory interior.!!!quote Slugoid

I agree this is one reason we may go for Alabaster silver, dont the Japanese understand light upholstery gets filthy in no time, particularly in Australia with lots of unsealed roads!

We need the really brilliant "Taffeta White" used on the new Civic (not the creamy Premium white at present on the Euro ! yuk) with the black (or even a charcoal) upholstery.

How is dustsealing in Euros with outback owners-- (if there is any here)?

_CiVIC_
20-11-2006, 05:56 PM
If you look at your car in the evening sun, you'll notice a tinge of blue. The Satin silver doesn't have that.

Didn't know that alabaster silver is here in Oz already.

Then yes mine is alabaster silver :D:thumbsup:

tony1234
20-11-2006, 06:41 PM
They should bring out white with black interior. White on the Euro is sexy, but nobody buys white because of the ivory interior.

Japan has a blueish silver similar to the s2k one, and I think it looks quite nice on the Euro:
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCORD/color/bluishsilver-m/bluishsilver-m.jpg
Hmmm.nice colour.HA might intro this colour for 07 Euro!!!!

aaronng
20-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Looks like chrome.

tony1234
20-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Is that colour currently available?It doesn't look like silver.

aaronng
20-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Is that colour currently available?It doesn't look like silver.

Not available. Translated from japanese, it's called "Bluish Silver" LOL

ROBERT
20-11-2006, 08:00 PM
My 05 standard is white with the bone coloured trim and I love it. The interior look and feels light and airy, my wife had concerns about the colour of the seats etc. showing the dirt but we fitted aftermarket lambs wool seat covers ( with holes in the side back rests for the air bags) and it still looks great and we can wash the covers if necessary. The dealer had the whole interior treated with scotch guarded (and I have the certificate to proove it). Being close to retirement age the black interior did not appeal to as as it would to you younger ones. it is my first white car an my only gripe is thet even after a short drive the bugs on the front show up prominently as opposed to the darker colours.

BIGBLUE
20-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I reckon a light charcoal upholstery would be another consideration!

Robert where did you get your seat covers to comply with airbag requirements?

ROBERT
20-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Bigblue, I bought them from Auto1, I don't think they actually comply with the requirements but the hole is quite large and as there is enough energy to burst open the stitching of the seat back my thoughts are that it will also manage to get through the hole in the cover as well. We will never know untill some one smacks me in the side ( I sometime like living in the edge).

BIGBLUE
20-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks, i believe Supa Cheap are working on Euro seat covers that comply with ADRs for airbag deployment, the only way they would legally be able to sell them.

The Honda sales people dont want to know about seat covers!

we hope to get a Euro std 6sp man in January 07

tony1234
21-11-2006, 06:04 AM
My 05 standard is white with the bone coloured trim and I love it. The interior look and feels light and airy, my wife had concerns about the colour of the seats etc. showing the dirt but we fitted aftermarket lambs wool seat covers ( with holes in the side back rests for the air bags) and it still looks great and we can wash the covers if necessary. The dealer had the whole interior treated with scotch guarded (and I have the certificate to proove it). Being close to retirement age the black interior did not appeal to as as it would to you younger ones. it is my first white car an my only gripe is thet even after a short drive the bugs on the front show up prominently as opposed to the darker colours.
I've got the 06 lux in black with the beige int.Ireckon it looks great,but you do have to clean the leather regularly it shows up dirt pretty quick.

sendok
21-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Bluish colour is nice...