PDA

View Full Version : Skunkk2 Products

amato2
18-11-2006, 12:25 AM
ok just say i had a vtir coup...with a b16a2 in it and i wanted to power it up a little...

if i used a skunk2 intake mani, 70mm throttle and DC headers then tuned with a hondata s200 ecu

what kinds of power gain would i expect and what bout sprint times

czy_sol87
18-11-2006, 07:50 AM
if ur still running stock cams then i doubt u would need the intake manifold and TB
there would be no point with the extra air in the intake manifold when u cant get it into the cylinders any faster
therefore u might be losing power with that setup

Bleh
18-11-2006, 08:01 AM
if ur still running stock cams then i doubt u would need the intake manifold and TB
there would be no point with the extra air in the intake manifold when u cant get it into the cylinders any faster
therefore u might be losing power with that setup

+1 all the way.

You will lose power. You're better off upgrading I/H/E, then cams and valvetrain followed by a tune. A throttle body and intake manifold would be the LAST things to do if you're going the all-motor route. And a 70mm is frickin' huge for a B16. DC Headers are junk, and I hate to burst your bubble but doing all motor on a B16 is a waste of time.

amato2
18-11-2006, 08:51 AM
just trying to find out some information about it cause im looking at buying a '00 vtir Red coup...i just wanted to know what mods i could do to get more power out of it....

- so would stage 1 sunk2 cam be the first thing on the list followed by intake and throttle body....

- as for flywheels which one is the best for a b16a for everyday driving...

- and what type of header do u guys suggest then

czy_sol87
18-11-2006, 09:21 AM
first thing i would do on a honda is suspension

but if ur gonna chase ponies first, then i would do
-2 1/4" or 2.5" catback
-hi flow cat
-headers, xforce for best bang for buck, or toda for most power but also most$$$
-CAI, up to u what u use, wanna spend money then AEM, or injen
-then clutch and flywheel, might as well do both at the same time to save $$$, best would probly be a excedy sport orgainc, with a spoon or toda 4.1kg flywheel, i got a sports ceramic clutch and a spoon flywheel, good to drive but clutch is a bit much sometimes
-then if u just wanna get a little more power, i would go with the CTR/ITR cams, IM, and TB, apparently stage one cams are very similar to type R cams
-light weight pully kit, ie a/c, power steering, etc pullies, not sure on weather the under crank pullies are any good, keep hearing bad things about them
-tune

all that will cost u and arm and a leg already, from that list i would probly be lookin at about $3k
if u really want bang for buck, then stage one turbo kit, cost u a little more in the short run, but about 3 times more power

Dylanamus
18-11-2006, 11:01 AM
All that MIGHT cost you $3k if you're lucky and if you can do all the work yourself. If you get a workshop to do it it could cost more than $2k of labour.

Building an N/A b16a is no more a waste of money than modifying any other engine really. Depends on what you want to achieve.

amato2
18-11-2006, 05:04 PM
cool guys thanks for the information