PDA

View Full Version : how much power do u get from ur mods

marabaan
20-11-2006, 12:26 PM
i would like to know what mods ppl have done and how much more power u have gained from it.
and was it worth it.

and would u recommend it.

ZeForce
20-11-2006, 12:44 PM
ProECU (fully programmable ECU) + Dyno tuning = ~7% gain across the entire rpm range.... Definitely worth it and recommend it, also allows you to get the most out of future mods with some extra tuning.

marabaan
20-11-2006, 12:56 PM
ProECU (fully programmable ECU) + Dyno tuning = ~7% gain across the entire rpm range.... Definitely worth it and recommend it, also allows you to get the most out of future mods with some extra tuning.

do you have any other mods.
and wat car did u put it on.

ZeForce
20-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Just a short ram intake

-----> '93 B16a Civic

saxman
20-11-2006, 01:24 PM
budget turbo set up = 68% peak hp gain, and 77% peak torque gain with lots of room to go with just some more boost and needed tuning.

krogoth
20-11-2006, 08:09 PM
man therz tons of info about this stuff already

have a search!

Dylanamus
22-11-2006, 03:12 PM
If you're interested in what mods are required to get reasonably large quantities of power out of your car, check the Toda Engine Rebuild Packages Thread for your engine (b16a2 right?). They have 3 or 4 packages there with progressive power results. Toda also has another similar thread on "Bang for Buck", which doesn't specify the costs, but shows you the list of mods and the end power result.

That should give you a better idea of the extensive work required to get high power via the N/A path.

For ideas on power expectations on smaller or less comprehensive mods, just do a search for the specific item. ie "power gains header" or something like that.

I'm putting my CRX in for a major service soon. I don't think anything has been replaced in years (I only got the car recently). So remind me in a few weeks and I'll let you know what difference basic maintenance can make to performance. I'm usually pretty sensitive to noticing changes. This will include spark plugs, leads, all belts, fluids and filters (except air filter, which I replaced with a high flow version in my stock box.) Etc.

Slow96GSR
22-11-2006, 03:52 PM
A lot and yes well worth it, no one can or will touch this car for some time in my area with anything street legal.

If you want to get a little more power for some good money then the ECU is a good start. But so is a good intake and exhaust system. Lets say you have 2K to spend, get the intake mani, throttle body, CAI, exhaust mani, and a bolt on cat back system. All of which you can install so no labor charges. Might have a little left over.

Dylanamus
22-11-2006, 03:59 PM
The stock TB is what, 58 or 60mm? The newer ITR TB is 62mm and that engine is putting out quite a bit more power. Then aftermarket starts at 64mm (except for a few 60mm ones that aren't going to do much for $400). Let me tell you, a 64mm+ TB on a stock internals b16a is going to lose you lots of torque and probably lose you power too. Save $800 on the intake manifold and throttle body until you have all your headwork lined up and focus that $800 on exhaust, header and a piggy back ECU. I speak from experience on this one hehe

marabaan
22-11-2006, 04:03 PM
which ecu do u recommend

Dylanamus
22-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't really support any ECU over another as I'm not a tuner. But it seems that if you're on a budget, picking up a second hand Hondata s200 people have left behind for the newer s300s could be a good move. It's like $500ish new I think. And most Honda tuners will be familiar with it. There are, however, shitloads of options out there. So don't take my recommendation as an end-all.

TypeRice
22-11-2006, 04:26 PM
i gotta cold air intake..

and i think i lose some power..

it feels sluggish

another classic ricer mod

peace^^

Slow96GSR
22-11-2006, 09:03 PM
I never noticed a drop of any power when I added my intake system. Guess it depends on the parts and how you tune the rest of the car.

kelviN
23-11-2006, 10:17 PM
cold air intake....wat car do u have???

Is it sluggish at bottom end such as starting off at the lights....but at top end power is crazy?

NSPYRE
23-11-2006, 10:56 PM
remember, mods can just do psychological change rather than actual change to how your car performs. best way to notice if ur mods actually change the characteristics of ur car is of course dyno's. another option would be getting a g-tech pro which can measure ur horsepower and torque as well as ur 1/4 mile times and a host of other things all through your cigarette lighter thing. the thing is pretty dam accurate too. think the error rate was 0.001 sec +/- for recording 1/4 mile times.