PDA

View Full Version : suspension setup .

EKIV
01-06-2004, 02:27 AM
hi,
want to ask some question on EK4 .

I found my car OVERsteering a lot on track ..

and I heard different opinions..

some ppls said for FWD , the rear should be higher than the front.

and some said the rear should be lower.then I will suffer the problems of understeering .. and much better to get the car spin ..

then what do U think ?

type one
01-06-2004, 08:22 AM
what suspension set up? swaybars if any? camber settings?? rim size? more to it than just a higher back...

SPEEDCORE
01-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Agreed, having the car high at the back will not fix everything.... I too experience slight oversteer on the track in the EK4 with standard suspension and semi-slicks....... I do however induce it to get around corners quicker or at least set the car up a bit better for the exit of the corner.....

I like to blip the throttle and back right off to lighten the back a bit so as to adjust the line I'm taking for the exit on slow corners and in fast corners, a little left foot braking (very quick short stab at brake) will correct the line nicely I have found.

genesis
01-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Having the rear higher will help shift weight towards the front wheels, thus helping with traction and any oversteering problems. I have my rear only slightly higher than the front, about 2cm or so... I have found this helps a bit.

I'm assuming you have a larger rear swaybar. Do you have adjustable dampers?

LatinoHatchCrap
01-06-2004, 09:36 PM
what size front/rear sway bar are currently running?

EKIV
02-06-2004, 01:23 AM
I am having white line sway bar..
front 27 or 26 .. not too sure.
rear 22mm adjustable

d2 coilover., 15 inch slick tyre on track .

rear is abt 1-2 cm higher than the front.

car will spin at corner .

I dunno why no understeering occurs.. just oversteering.
no camber kit .
thanks for advice

genesis
02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
EKIV, I have a very similar setup on my car. I do have a bit of oversteer, but it's mainly lift-off oversteer.

Does your car like to slide out the rear? does it easily spin?

VTi-RT
02-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I would suggest you soften the dampening of your rears.

I've the Tein Type Flex suspension with electronic dampening adjustment. Playing around with the dampening, having firmer rear dampening generally made my car want to oversteer. Adjust it to soft and the car now goes around corners without the feeling of the rears kicking out.