PDA

View Full Version : Euro - still not old

kam
20-11-2006, 10:17 PM
the euro is 3 years old now.

i like how jap car companies are not quick to update their models, not only does it keep resale value, but it also means you drive a current model car for longer. for example, the supra was the exact same model from 93 - 02

if you look at even an 04 commodore, its pretty much outdated and an old model. holden and ford update their models so often.

i hope honda keep the current euro model for a few more years still.

if you took an 03 commodore, it look so old. but if you take an 03 euro, it still looks like a brand new car

:)

EuroDude
21-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Yep thats the thing with Honda and Mazda (The new Civic, Odyssey, S2000, and RX8 are prime examples), they design shapes/lines that are years ahead of other japanese cars, especially Toyota and Mitsubishi lol

Cranial
21-11-2006, 09:20 AM
That may be true, but if you look at the sales figures for October, you will note that although the mid-size sector is stable, Euro and Mazda 6 sales are down whereas Liberty (with its recent facelift) has increased sales.

Sometimes, you have to release a new model/facelift just to keep up with the competition - otherwise, you will be left behind (most people are not "enthusiasts" as such, and will only look at what's "new").

adammet04
21-11-2006, 01:21 PM
hmmm..i think the liberty looks more and more like the bmw's which i think helps their sales along...honda's seem to have more of their own dna in their cars as opposed to borrowing from other marques...

i would say also when you got a good shape stick with it..(ahem ford AU falcon, what was wrong with the e series shape!!!)

and im glad honda sticks with theirs when they get it right.. the euro ( silly as this sounds) looks like what a car should look like in the 2000's i think they got it right..

mj3610
21-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Yep thats the thing with Honda and Mazda (The new Civic, Odyssey, S2000, and RX8 are prime examples), they design shapes/lines that are years ahead of other japanese cars, especially Toyota and Mitsubishi lol

honda and suburu were always ahead of their time, just look at the power options and extras they have on older cars...
nissan also outdone themselves with skylines.

Chris_F
21-11-2006, 02:30 PM
the euro ( silly as this sounds) looks like what a car should look like in the 2000's i think they got it right..

totally agree with that.

I think when 2000 came around a lot of the manufacturers tried to hard to look futuristic (and still are). The euro to me looks modern but without the fussy lines.