PDA

View Full Version : Changing lower spring needs wheels allignment ?

jeki
20-11-2006, 11:20 PM
hi guys,

Do i really need to do wheels allignment if i changing lower spring ? what if i don't ? :x
because i found that its pretty costly for the whole process ^^;; so if i could skip some unneccessary steps if possible hehe
buying a lower spring + installation (e.g King Spring) had already cost around 350AUD. plus allignment on 4 wheels might be around 450 - 500 aud , >.< which is not really worthit i think. can nearly buy a set of coilovers T.T

ekslut
21-11-2006, 07:56 AM
buying a lower spring + installation (e.g King Spring) had already cost around 350AUD. plus allignment on 4 wheels might be around 450 - 500 aud , >.< which is not really worthit i think. can nearly buy a set of coilovers T.T

Even if you did buy coilovers you would still need a alignment...

But yes, you will need an alignment, should cost about $75 though, I have never paid $100-150 for a alignment.

As 'Claymore' said you will wear your tires out quicker (costing you more $$), it may not track straight and you may get vibration throught the steering wheel.

Muzz
26-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Don't be a cheap A** get it done.:thumbsup:

jeki
10-01-2007, 03:24 AM
i went to a shop a while ago, the tire man told me for jazz i just need to do the front allignment only, the back is solid, so i don't need any allignment for the rear side. and the front allignment job it calls "towering allignment". but some people said that i'm require to do allignment for all four wheels. so what do you guys think ? :eek:

jeki
10-01-2007, 03:25 AM
is that towering allignment also call thrust allignment ?

string
10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Alignment ever time you unbolt a suspension bolt? **** me dead, i'm in the red about 100 alignments then :)

My money is on, every time you chance the way your suspension sits. I.e. bushings, different ride height, camber kit, etc...

I vote yes, get one done. $75 is a bit steep though. Time to make a new friend :D

egSi
10-01-2007, 10:34 PM
lol i pay $30 for full rotation and alignment, ur gettin ripped.

alignments r needed everytime suspension related components are changed/adjusted etc.

besides the cost factor its just plain dangerous to drive round with a shit pov unaligned car :thumbdwn:

adnoh
10-01-2007, 10:52 PM
once u unbolt it , u need to redo the aligment again .... :)