PDA

View Full Version : Would this b giving me good power gains?

[[d a n n y]]
01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
i am currently running full

exhast extractors hi flow cat pod filter with ITR intake and airbox and cold air intake..

i am going to purchase cam gears and a unichip

would this have alot of affect on my engine..
or just minor affect

what will it actaully allow my engine to do ?

i have a JDMb16a under the hood

Kit
01-06-2004, 10:57 AM
what happened to the R?? (GT that is)

and what do you mean by minor affect? just not sure what you are asking

Jus-10
01-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah man, what happened to the R32??

Kit, I am guessing Danny means will it make more power, or not much, or what will the mod do exactly.

I can't answer that though...I have no experience with these mods.

[[d a n n y]]
01-06-2004, 12:21 PM
what happened to the R?? (GT that is)

and what do you mean by minor affect? just not sure what you are asking

in the progress..

Kit
01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I would say that adjustable cam gears + a piggy back computer would give a good result. The cam gears allow for minute adjustments to be made to the timing of the cams and in effect will allow for more "Accurate" tuning.

how much gains, i can't answer cos I'm not a tuner :) but i know my friend got his VTi civic tuned with a unichip, and with a full exhaust: he gained about 5kw throughout the rev range.

is there any particular reason you are going for a Unichip though?

[[d a n n y]]
01-06-2004, 12:49 PM
cuz i can get 1 for a good price...and..

just wanted to see the gains ..heard it's same like hondata...

fueltank
01-06-2004, 02:26 PM
]]cuz i can get 1 for a good price...and..

just wanted to see the gains ..heard it's same like hondata...
LOL uni chip is not the same as hondata!
Why not go cams + unichip?
I know it cost more, but I reckon there would be more gains.

BLKCRX
01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
unichip is worse than Micotech ....As for it being the same as Hondata blah uni chip is a piggyback intercept ecu.. enough said.. blah ;) good luck but of corse my view is bias is’t it ! eheh Good luck..

Regards James

Weq
01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
If ur not going to use the advanced features that hondata offer its very similar. u can program the basics, like fuel and timing, albiet probably not in a higher resolution that hondata offers.

No problems though, u will see some gains, but think about what programmable maps will do for u? Do have have an ajustable FPR or something to allow more fuel to flow at stock injector pulse? If not u may find u cant increase fuel that much before u hit 90%+ in duty cycle.

Cam gears wont give u 'more' power per say, they allow you to ajust how the power is delevier (earlier/later etc). if u can get them cheap id say do it, but really after I/H/E u gotta crack open the head and do some work up there. like itr+ valvetrain and camshafters and revlimit. then ur unichip will come into its own and allow u to get max power. Im not sure if the unichip will allow u to raise ur revlimit though.

Morkz
01-06-2004, 02:54 PM
w_civic was putting out 103@wheels with i/h/e, cam gears and uni chip. I think he had a eg6. He had a b16a.

[[d a n n y]]
01-06-2004, 10:45 PM
hm..i hope i can do that too..

hm,..10 more atw damn..seems alot

SIKCVC
02-06-2004, 12:28 AM
hey danny when you put out your power figures what mods did you have on your car or was it stock?

joneblaze
02-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Isn't your car fast enough Danny? It's abit of a beast considering the condition of the mods etc. Are the new rear discs/tyres/handling mods on yet?

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Isn't your car fast enough Danny? It's abit of a beast considering the condition of the mods etc. Are the new rear discs/tyres/handling mods on yet?

haha jon ur here to blaze me again..lolz

well if u have a look more closely at the pics from the cruises u can see that i have already got rear brakes all installed.

and for everythign else..the car is already set..

so..next time...research into things abit and post what u want to say.
and .can u plz stay on the topic i really want to know..i really dont have to listen to this.off topic shit..

so if u dont know then dont post back on this thread

fueltank
02-06-2004, 09:18 AM
]]
so..next time...research into things abit and post what u want to say

:twisted: maybe you should've researched a bit more before posting this thread then? :D

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2004, 10:14 AM
]]

:twisted: maybe you should've researched a bit more before posting this thread then? :D

yes i did ...but i couldnt find anything about.chip and camgears only. power gain.

but cams and chip alone yes i did..

and i wanted to ask what would say for this mod

fueltank
02-06-2004, 11:11 AM
]]

]]

yes i did ...but i couldnt find anything about.chip and camgears only. power gain.

if you're getting a GTR, then I wouldn't spend anymore money on the civic.

better off saving the money for the GTR.

If you're keeping both & GTR is daily driver, then I reckon save up for hondata.
If you can't see the value in that, then get a piggyback better than a unichip.

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2004, 11:34 AM
]]

]]

if you're getting a GTR, then I wouldn't spend anymore money on the civic.

better off saving the money for the GTR.

If you're keeping both & GTR is daily driver, then I reckon save up for hondata.
If you can't see the value in that, then get a piggyback better than a unichip.

yeap :thumbsup:

i know that i have scrapped the idea...gonna wait for GTR...

but as it is it's just a question

joneblaze
02-06-2004, 02:43 PM
]]

well if u have a look more closely at the pics from the cruises u can see that i have already got rear brakes all installed.

and .can u plz stay on the topic i really want to know..i really dont have to listen to this.off topic shit..

Buddy I'm not here to "blaze" you again... the only thing I'd blaze is green, and you're yellow... :P
I haven't had a chance to peruse the cruise pics so carefully to notice that you've had the rear discs converted. If that's the case then more (stopping) power to ya...thats great! I was merely concerned for your (and others) safety regarding such a hektik beast of an EG with all power but nothing else. It warms my heart to know she is back in tiptop condition ready to rip ITRs ;)
As to me researching my "shit", I have researched. And over the course of 6ish months I've found you to love cutting corners, not heed advice from experts and care only about power and SPoon stickers. Hence my innocent question about the brakes etc. I really don't think my comment was off topic in the least.

Jon

fueltank
02-06-2004, 02:45 PM
LOL @ spoon stickers...instant powa! :D

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2004, 04:11 PM
]]

Buddy I'm not here to "blaze" you again... the only thing I'd blaze is green, and you're yellow... :P
I haven't had a chance to peruse the cruise pics so carefully to notice that you've had the rear discs converted. If that's the case then more (stopping) power to ya...thats great! I was merely concerned for your (and others) safety regarding such a hektik beast of an EG with all power but nothing else. It warms my heart to know she is back in tiptop condition ready to rip ITRs ;)
As to me researching my "shit", I have researched. And over the course of 6ish months I've found you to love cutting corners, not heed advice from experts and care only about power and SPoon stickers. Hence my innocent question about the brakes etc. I really don't think my comment was off topic in the least.

Jon

ahaha ..fair point

joneblaze
02-06-2004, 05:35 PM
:)

Btw, what sort of rear discs did you end up using? EG6/5 ones? Did you DIY conversion, or if not, how much did it cost for the labour?
What else did u "fix up" besides the rear brakes and the new sussy? Any new handling/sussy mods? Swaybar, braided lines etc etc? Oohh "master brake cylinder" la? :)

[[d a n n y]]
02-06-2004, 06:26 PM
well i've got EK4 rear brakes and EK4 master cylinder...

which is bigger than the EG6 1

yeap and i'm just gonna have stock sway bar..lolz

LatinoHatchCrap
12-06-2004, 05:48 PM
If your thinking of upgrading internals in the future (especially increasing the cr) I would recomend saving up and getting Hondata.
your obd1 correct? I cant coment on unichip but one thing i can tell you is that I put down 105w/kw stock head, exhaust, intake, cat :thumbsdown: no p/s or a/c. hondata s200 (b18c2)

If I was sticking to an I/H/HFC/E setup I would use VAFC only because of the bling :thumbsdown: