PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Engine Mounts

[CRA23]
21-11-2006, 05:28 PM
ive been told by my mechanic that my rear and gear box engine mounts are cracked and need replacing. so i thought instead of putting std ones back in im goin to put harder ones.

does any one used or are using good stiffer mounts? i would prefure japanese made produst as i have a JDM DC2

Thanks

JasonGilholme
21-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey mate,

Theres no need to pay extra to get something shipped from japan when there are products here in aus that are just as good/better. Your engine mounts should be the same as any AUDM car, the only difference is internals and tuning and possibly some other minor things.

Theres some hasport mounts for sale in the traders section but if your after a quick fix you could always solid fill them yourself. have a search cause there are plenty of threads about that topic.

preludacris
21-11-2006, 06:31 PM
i have a front mount insert by Energy suspension. Shifts feel a lot tighter now .

idle has slighttttly more vibrations in the interior.

but if u chuckn a hard rear mount on , or an insert, the vibrations will come straight thru to the cabin.

[CRA23]
21-11-2006, 08:23 PM
i did a search and come up with what im not looking for, i want to know about brands of mounts and how ppl think of them, eg spoon mounts or j's racing mounts or other mounts that i dont know that are out there.

i would prfure who new mounts rather than put in inserts or sika, as the engine will be far from std hopefully soon.

czy_sol87
21-11-2006, 08:44 PM
yeh been wonding the same thing lately
does anyone have nolathane bushes, or mounts how are they?
also do all b-series engines share the same engine mounts??
say if i get mounts for a DC2R with a b18c, will it still suit a gen3 crx with a b16a2?? or would u have to get mounts specific of each individual vehicle

bigjo5
21-11-2006, 09:05 PM
HASPORT ftw~!!!! but then again.. its pretty pricy stuff these little buggas.. but if it was my car id just get used oem engien moutns and get some energy suspension engine mount inserts... from jdm yard . that would do the job quiet well..