PDA

View Full Version : SRS Help!!!

Jazzdude
21-11-2006, 06:33 PM
My SRS warning light has come up while driving and it won't go away. It just came up suddenly. It does not flash, stays on constantly while driving.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how much it might cost to fix?? I did not hit anything, so I don't know why it came up. Can someone help?

ECU-MAN
21-11-2006, 07:43 PM
needs to be diagnosed to get an idea of what went wrong with it.

Edgeauto
21-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Even if it is a temporary fault the light will stay on until the SRS control unit is reset by a Honda Dealer.

destrukshn
21-11-2006, 09:24 PM
yups definately needs to be diagnosed, but in my exp, in the newer hondas it'd probably the seat belt

^CarBoy^
23-11-2006, 01:29 AM
I had an experience like that just last friday. The light went on when I dyno'ed the car.

IS MOTOR did a diagnostic and saw that the ABS computer just got confused cause the back wheels are not turning but the front are... ehehhee.. so it thought that there is a fault in the ABS.... easy to reset. :)

Jazzdude
23-11-2006, 08:22 AM
I had an experience like that just last friday. The light went on when I dyno'ed the car.

IS MOTOR did a diagnostic and saw that the ABS computer just got confused cause the back wheels are not turning but the front are... ehehhee.. so it thought that there is a fault in the ABS.... easy to reset. :)

How much did it cost you? My local Honda dealer is charging me $44 just to inspect, and he said that the repair/reset cost would be on top of that.

Jus-10
23-11-2006, 12:00 PM
You can go anywhere that has a diagnostic tool....don't get sucked in going to a Honda dealer where they will always charge a premium.

Most good workshops should have the necessary diagnostic hardware.

I use TODA at Wetherill Park for my servicing, tuning, etc. and they have the tools...

ECU-MAN
23-11-2006, 06:45 PM

ABS and SRS are different systems

Jazzdude
23-11-2006, 08:50 PM
You can go anywhere that has a diagnostic tool....don't get sucked in going to a Honda dealer where they will always charge a premium.

Most good workshops should have the necessary diagnostic hardware.

I use TODA at Wetherill Park for my servicing, tuning, etc. and they have the tools...

Thanks, I'll shop around. Can you give me the contact details of TODA? Wetherill Park isn't too far away from where I live.

civic01
27-11-2006, 10:27 AM
yeah i have the same problem but in a 2001 civic sedan, i when to honda and they were goin to charge $135 just to find the problem then when to a honda mechanic and he couldnt find the point to plug the diagnostic tool into,

i know its behind the glove box in front of the passenger or is it the passenger side kick panel????

the mechanic pulled all the plastics apart in the front and had no luck finding the plug in point.