PDA

View Full Version : Aircon in to EF

fueltank
22-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Ok I've searched and looking in the FAQ and couldn't find any info on what's involved in installing aircon in to an EF civic :o

What parts do I need from the wreckers if this is possible?

Thanks.

SlobberGoat
22-11-2006, 10:37 AM
There's quite a bit of work to do (if your doing it yourself). If your paying someone else to do it, then it might not be worth it, as the labour costs could well be greater than the cost of the car! So it might be more economically to simply buy another EF that already has A/C..

(notice how I didn't say SELL that EF.....as selling an EF is blasphemy in my book) ;)

Anyway, continuing on....
...in the cabin you'll need an EF condensor unit that goes under the dash, then you'll need all the hardlines from there. They go through the engine bay down to a giant filter thing that needs to sit just under your passenger headlight, then the hardlines continue over to your newly acquired EF A/C compressor & mount which is then bolted to the block. Along with this, you'll need their belts and pulleys. Now you need the EF A/C wiring loom and EF A/C fan and snake it under your radiator across to where your battery is and run it into your fuse box. This same loom snakes back around and follows your hard-lines back through the firewall and into the cabin (back to your new EF A/C controls).

Good luck!

Setanta
22-11-2006, 12:00 PM
EF (import) or ED?

If it's an ED, sell it and get an ED/EF with AC.

If it's a real EF, get a front cut sans motor and do a direct switch.

fueltank
22-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys. Sounds like it's better to get something with a/c in it :p

ECU-MAN
22-11-2006, 08:27 PM
iv still got the some AC components for an EF9.

let me know if you need them.