PDA

View Full Version : 40000km Service whos had it done to there Jazz

Catcha
22-11-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm about to take my car to honda to get the 40000km done in two weeks. I got a rough quote of $700. I asked him was was involved. He said it had to be left overnight to check the tappets ? is this to do with the valve clearence, And spark plugs and manual transmission oil...and the usual oil filter, air filter and oil change.

I don't really have any other choice but to take it to this dealer cause they are the only ones in my area.

Does this sound about right for what I am getting done. I think i might highlight the fact that mine (1.5 Jazz) does not need sparkys replaced only the 1.3 model. So it would be interesting to see what they do. I will certainly hightlight that fact its not part of the scheduled service.

Anyway opinions please ......

FIT
22-11-2006, 08:53 PM
mines is well passed the 40k mark and no i dont need to leave the car overnight.

destrukshn
22-11-2006, 09:04 PM
yups, they also have to take off your intake manifold.
and they also replace the gaskets when taking off the manifold to do the work.

Vuey
22-11-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm about to take my car to honda to get the 40000km done in two weeks. I got a rough quote of $700. I asked him was was involved. He said it had to be left overnight to check the tappets ? is this to do with the valve clearence, And spark plugs and manual transmission oil...and the usual oil filter, air filter and oil change.

I don't really have any other choice but to take it to this dealer cause they are the only ones in my area.

Does this sound about right for what I am getting done. I think i might highlight the fact that mine (1.5 Jazz) does not need sparkys replaced only the 1.3 model. So it would be interesting to see what they do. I will certainly hightlight that fact its not part of the scheduled service.

Anyway opinions please ......

mate this is the first time ive heard you have had to leave a car overnight for a 40,000km service .
whats your location ? maybe someone else on here can point you to another mechanic .

If you want to know whAts needed to be done to your car for the 40k service ? read your service book , it list all jobs that need to be carried out in the service .

I paid $360 for a 40,000km service on my S2000 using all geniune parts and fluids - which keeps your warranty valid if thats an issue .

Shop around , im sure you'll find a better deal , as even from honda dealer to dealer , prices vary .

frankiesdomain
22-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I did my 40000kms service at Honda service Chadstone and there's no way I would have paid $700! From what I recall it was about $400. I'd do a bit more searching if I were you :p

Catcha
23-11-2006, 12:37 AM
I probably have to leave the car there so its easier for them to service the car first thing off the line the next morning ....but besides that i don't know what else is so major about it

Catcha
23-11-2006, 12:39 AM
mines is well passed the 40k mark and no i dont need to leave the car overnight.

how much did you pay ?

icejazz
23-11-2006, 08:01 AM
When checking & adjusting the valve clearances the engine has to be stone cold (check your manual and I think under the bonnet). That is the reason why they asked you to leave the car overnight. The majority of dealers do not do that. I asked at Astoria Honda and they said they use a huge fan to cool down the engine.

Anyway Astoria Honda quoted me around $600. If anyone knows a dealer in Melbourne who does the 40K service for around $400 please let me know as the 40K service is due soon.

Catcha
23-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I chased up the situation...apparently $700 is the worst case scenario...but it ranges from $550-620......

I rang up Ultra Tune and they said $300. But how well would ultratune follow follow the book. And with all this Vavle clearance stuff. Would they do it or just another serivce but do more parts......

aaronng
23-11-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't trust Ultratune for the valve clearance check.

Call around the other dealers. Where are you located?

Catcha
24-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I don't trust Ultratune for the valve clearance check.

Call around the other dealers. Where are you located?

Darwin :):p I have my doubts about that too

AmateurJazz
24-11-2006, 02:21 PM
I paid around $600 but that was including honda brake pad change and air con clean.

vividjazz
29-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Just did mine including brake pads, brake fluid, fuel filter, oil & filter, CVT fluid and heaps of other stuff and came to just a bit less than AmateurJazz. Biggest bonus for me is having it done on the spot in no time flat. Just enough time to have my Maccas across the road for lunch, come back watch the bugger of a job it is to change the fuel filter, wait for them to do a quick test drive, pay and go. Genuine Honda everything of course including proper blue HOP oil filter not cheaper green HAMP and Honda FEO Oil.

icejazz
03-12-2006, 07:37 AM
I presume that was in Sydney, Vivid Jazz?

vividjazz
03-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah. Thats another point to remember servicing costs are higher in Sydney than any other state. I've had cars and bikes over the years serviced in every Australian state and territory including some very remote locations and Sydney is damn expensive.

fundies
28-10-2011, 05:02 PM
It took me 3 hours to do at home the other weekend. Fiddly as hell, but hey, I saved some good $$$$$$$$$. The exhaust valves were all a tad tight, intakes a little loose. Funny thing is, I have a CVT, 88K km's, and even after the adjustment, I still get a small amount of valve clatter at idle/low revs when the engine is warming up. For about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I think it must just be a Honda Jazz CVT thing when revs drop down low when D is selected and the engine is cold.

Paul.Z
28-10-2011, 05:30 PM
way to reply to a 5 year old thread.... -.-

fundies
29-10-2011, 07:28 PM
This is what I dont get. Why do people get upset, when it is still a relevant topic ?

Someone made a similar smart arse reply when I rehashed the Jazz wheel bearing problem recently.

GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul.Z
30-10-2011, 12:07 AM
try because everyone then, dont have a jazz no more..and topic has been resolved and the person who started the thread shows no more interest

nixxon
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
agree with fundies..

the mere passing of time doesnt mean threads become invalid..

people read old threads for info etc..nothing wrong with renewing, rather than new similar topic surely

rubyjazz
15-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Paid below $500 for mine.

ouch
09-10-2012, 12:17 AM
anyone know how much 120000kms major service is?

Jasemas
09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
^What does your service manual state and you can base it from there

ouch
09-10-2012, 08:39 PM
lost it.

fundies
11-10-2012, 02:52 PM
From memory, it's another valve clearance check ( I wouldnt be bothered unless you've got valve clatter/ noise, i think you can do 80K km's between valve checks TBH ), oil/filter, air filter.

bossxr
19-10-2012, 09:37 PM
The tapping clatter is probably the belt tensioner going.It's common on the VTECs. It's a warranty job too.