PDA

View Full Version : FIXED Bucket Seat - advice

zco
23-11-2006, 07:40 AM
hey guyss, really looking into a fixed bucket seat. just wanted some opinions of owners out there..

-which do you recommend and why? (its for daily driven car)

-wht features should i be looking for in one (comfort wise- where should the padding be ?)

-does it help with your posture ? i noticed i slouch ALOT at work on my office chair, and even so when im at home on my computer, like RIGHT NOW !LOL

-is it hard to change gears ?

-does steering feel any different

-how low are the rails out that are available? im about 165cm tall, and dont know which rails are decent for my heightt

-annoying to get in and out of your car ??

-have you guys developed any problems/aches/pains from these seats?

-DO YOU REGRET IT ?

jdm_kid
23-11-2006, 08:29 AM
-which do you recommend and why? (its for daily driven car) Up to you really, depends how much u wanna spend etc etc. Get a Bride :p

-what features should i be looking for in one (comfort wise- where should the padding be ?) Padding should be on ur lower back & on ur ass lol, if u get a Bride seat, u can buy extra paddings etc.

-does it help with your posture ? i noticed i slouch ALOT at work on my office chair, and even so when im at home on my computer, like RIGHT NOW !LOL. My friends say its tooo straight. But the Bride Zeta II has a slant, you can slouch in it if u want, sometimes i do :)

-is it hard to change gears ? Nope.

-does steering feel any different? It gives u more control when steering, and your more stable goin around the turns etc.

-how low are the rails out that are available? im about 165cm tall, and dont know which rails are decent for my heightt. Not sure, but i know i cant see the front of the bonnet lol

-annoying to get in and out of your car ?? You get use to it, just gotta develop a way to get out.

-have you guys developed any problems/aches/pains from these seats? Only problems i've come across is it kinda hurts ur back, if u drive for a long long long time, but thats about it.

-DO YOU REGRET IT ? NO totally reduces the g force yO ! lol

zco
23-11-2006, 08:38 AM
thanks simon babe ;D
looing to spend the average 800bux for the seatt. only if i had a GIAS :(

barefootbonzai
23-11-2006, 09:44 AM
BRIDE GIAS LOW MAX FTW!!!!

gambate
23-11-2006, 10:34 AM
prodrive fixed bucket made by sparco, more comfy, better support, better seating posture imo. which is compared to zeta II and spoon, have not tried others.

zco
23-11-2006, 03:17 PM
HAHA duy man. i aint buying no 1800dollar seat. bring them in from jdmland and its still 1300bux or so. but yeh. THEY:RE ****IGN HOTT HAHA

24-11-2006, 06:29 AM
bride zeta 2, recaro spg, sparco prodrive

bride zeta 3 is abit bigger so i prfer zeta 2, but you can get different sizes for them anyway.

rails, if your short get normal, if your tall get low... i have mine on set on a slight slope for better foot work... gear changing get better, steering is better in handling and around corners you have alot more grip when the car sways

when you get out of the seat, find a way not to rub against the side all the time, you will wear out the seat faster.. padding etc. you can get cushion for the head, sides and change middle inserts on bride's. and heasets on most other brands. sparco also have a pump up padding.. i remember justin fox had it on his seat he was selling.. or some was on another forum.

watever seat you get, just make sure it 'hugs' your frame.

zco
24-11-2006, 05:53 PM
i found a seat today. reacro SPG. needs a new cover tho.. thinking of buying it. dont know what to do.. gotta find a new cover first. it doesnt have so much padding tho :(

was told that zeta3 are made in china, and zeta2's are from jdmland. haha
either zeta2/3 looks nice,. still tryna decide atm / hard decision !!

Newcivic
25-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Just buy the bride and close the thread zic!

Perry
25-11-2006, 05:40 PM
if ur going into a budget get bride I personally would get recaro SPG's

fatboyz39
26-11-2006, 10:13 PM
what is the mean intentions of installing a bucket seat? track use or street or bling?

zco
29-11-2006, 11:32 AM
street . but i dont wanna be hurting myself ..

if you havent noticed jimmy, all the qeuestions i have asked above are for street driving and comfortability. ie: daily driven as outlined in first post.

still indecisive. sat in a buddyclub seat today. feels alrite. but seems abit .. hmm./ flimsy.

jdm_kid
29-11-2006, 12:04 PM
buddyclub no good ? hrms was thinkin about a set

iced
03-12-2006, 12:48 AM
street . but i dont wanna be hurting myself ..

if you havent noticed jimmy, all the qeuestions i have asked above are for street driving and comfortability. ie: daily driven as outlined in first post.

still indecisive. sat in a buddyclub seat today. feels alrite. but seems abit .. hmm./ flimsy.

if your car 2 door dont you need reclining function?

zco
03-12-2006, 12:50 AM
ppl can get in and out of my passenger side. but i dont like to carry a full car load on a car with no power

ap
03-12-2006, 02:09 AM
check out the bride pros, not too bad and falls in the budget