PDA

View Full Version : recaro?? bride?? or SSCUS racing seats ??

marabaan
23-11-2006, 08:58 AM
i am looking for a set of new seats for my ek4 but don’t know what to go for

i have seen these ones which are red aftermarket dc5c look a likes
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56077

or a set of black dc2 recaros $1100 with out the rails
or just the one bride seat about $1300 with the rails

and im stuck on what to get.
money is not a factor

but i would like to know what would be good in the long run.

SiReal
23-11-2006, 09:00 AM
get either recaro or bride (personally bride cos they arent as common). but sscuss, arent exactly pro sports seats - i'm skeptical of their quality and hence safety in an accident.

Menzy
23-11-2006, 09:05 AM
id have to agree with SiReal about the sscuss they seem to wear and tear to quick and quality is bad i say (dont know what the rest have to say) but thats my opinion.

get Bride these seats are common with Nissan for some reason

marabaan
23-11-2006, 09:06 AM
now would the aftermarket recaro seat rails be safe
coz i cant find any ek9 rails

Menzy
23-11-2006, 09:07 AM
you can always go custom rails .... or modify your current one ..

marabaan
23-11-2006, 09:27 AM
yeh but its a pain in the ass to find someone who can do it for a good price.
ppl always say they know someone who does it but iv gotten some prices b4 and they cost more then the seats just to install :(

ekhybrid
23-11-2006, 09:33 AM
sscuss is shit

marabaan
23-11-2006, 09:40 AM
sscuss is shit

what makes them shit

xtercii
23-11-2006, 09:42 AM
yeah why are they shit?

CUL8R
23-11-2006, 09:42 AM
legal-recaro
cheapest-sscus
best seat- bride

marabaan
23-11-2006, 09:47 AM
what makes bride ones so good

sendok
23-11-2006, 10:20 AM
recaro and bride both are nice seats i think... if custom rail - try to weld strong enough or else got defected lol.. :)

marabaan
23-11-2006, 10:23 AM
has anyone ever put some recaros on an ek
with out using the ek9 rails

i have also found a trader who can get after marked ek seat rails for recaros

what u guys think

SiReal
23-11-2006, 10:24 AM
sscuss has been marketed as a 'all show no good' seat. it looks good but when it comes to being a serious drivers seat, it is simply not an option. me thinks its a cheap chinese/taiwanese inferior product.

when ur life depends on the seat you sit on + seatbelt and airbag, it is worth spending more to do it right.

nissan associate with bride because in japan, bride seats for some reason are popular with nissan drifters.

ekhybrid
23-11-2006, 10:40 AM
yeah why are they shit?

they do look good tho, but because they are so stiff
you dont sink into the seat
feels like ur sitting on cardboard, that is why they are shit and im sure that there are other bad points about them that make them cheap.

Zdster
23-11-2006, 10:52 AM
when ur life depends on the seat you sit on + seatbelt and airbag, it is worth spending more to do it right.

That pretty much sums up the whole long thing I was going to write when I first openned this thread. In my opinion, you want to be very careful choosing seats that are not going to fold up/are going to work in the correct way if an accident occurs.

EK4R
23-11-2006, 10:54 AM
i believe the ride comfort and support isnt that great in a sscuss. i think they are made in Indonesia or malay? long time sitting in the seat isnt as comfortable as you think it is compare to recaro / bride.

recaro seats arent as professionally race focused as bride, however alot of ppl have chosen them cos its damn good a price for the quality of it.

i would suggest buy some good quality 2nd hand recaros from a trader or some1, steam clean it, and use it. then resale it when you sell your car. they tend to hold their 2nd hand value, so you wont be losing too much on re-sale.

as for seat rails in the EK. ek9 rails are alil high i think for me anyways. so try to find some superlow rails that are designed for recaro or bride. good low centre of gravity too :) and much easier to heel-n-toe without hitting your kneel.

if u want to modify your own rails, go to somewhere reputable. you can even modify dc2r rails to suit and they are lower than ek9 rails. i was quoted around ranging from 80 - 150 per rail.

gl

Zdster
23-11-2006, 11:04 AM
i believe the ride comfort and support isnt that great in a sscuss. i think they are made in Indonesia or malay? long time sitting in the seat isnt as comfortable as you think it is compare to recaro / bride.

i would suggest buy some good quality 2nd hand recaros from a trader or some1, steam clean it, and use it. then resale it when you sell your car. they tend to hold their 2nd hand value, so you wont be losing too much on re-sale.

as for seat rails in the EK. ek9 rails are alil high i think for me anyways. so try to find some superlow rails that are designed for recaro or bride. good low centre of gravity too :) and much easier to heel-n-toe without hitting your kneel.

if u want to modify your own rails, go to somewhere reputable. you can even modify dc2r rails to suit and they are lower than ek9 rails. i was quoted around ranging from 80 - 150 per rail.

gl

Good stuff there, but a few things I would like to add.

As was discussed awhile ago, you run the risk of buying second hand seats that they were in an accident and may have been damaged.

Furthermore, you could also look into a genuine set of recaro rails (there are a number of recaro dealerships throughout Australia who can arrange to get them for you). I was told that you should also look into engineering seat rails/seats (the recaro dealer I spoke to in Victoria could organise that).

recaro seats arent as professionally race focused as bride, however alot of ppl have chosen them cos its damn good a price for the quality of it.

Sorry, but I disagree somewhat with this statement. While recaro do make a lot of 'stock' seats as well as ergometric seats, they have been in racing for a long period (http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=865&L=2).

Speeder
23-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Recaro's are contracted by Airbus and some Boeing commercial liners too if that counts, then I guess it's about safety.

yourfather
23-11-2006, 11:12 AM
sscuss has been marketed as a 'all show no good' seat. it looks good but when it comes to being a serious drivers seat, it is simply not an option. me thinks its a cheap chinese/taiwanese inferior product.

nissan associate with bride because in japan, bride seats for some reason are popular with nissan drifters.

SSCUS are from Malaysia.

Bride would be my choice if money is no object. Every ITR owner, or CTR wannabe has Recaro. And Bride is very good. Pity I am too big for them.

xtercii
23-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Fark you guys are killing the sscus trader…

marabaan
23-11-2006, 11:15 AM
ok now does anyone know a recaro dealer in syd.
or a number to call

i have tried to send them an email and i havent gotten anything back from them.
or even if i can get any recaro dealer in australia

marabaan
23-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Fark you guys are killing the sscus trader…

may be killing them but when u want some seats u want the type that wont fly out when u crash.

id rather pay abit more knowing that the person next to me will still be safe.

Zdster
23-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Every CTR wannabe has Recaro . . . Pity I am too big for them.

:o :zip: :cool: :D

marabaan
23-11-2006, 11:31 AM
so does any one know of a recaro dealer in syd
or australia

Hullabaloo
23-11-2006, 11:33 AM
legal-recaro
cheapest-sscus
best seat- bride

are bride legal?
what makes recaro legal?

jdm_kid
23-11-2006, 11:36 AM
FIA approval.

SSCUS adjustable ones, they tend to break the gears inside the recliner.

xtercii
23-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I don’t see why bride is better than recaro. Any one care to elaborate?

destrukshn
23-11-2006, 11:46 AM
i'm guessing it's just personal preference.
lol.

jdm_kid
23-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I don’t see why bride is better than recaro. Any one care to elaborate?

user perference dude.
guessing recaros are too common, so why not go to bride to be different, plus SCUSS looks like Recaros, so more common/

e240
23-11-2006, 11:50 AM
FIA approval.

SSCUS adjustable ones, they tend to break the gears inside the recliner.

Don't mistake the FIA for standards bodies like ADR...
FIA is a group for Motorsports, alot of FIA approved items are not street legal.

jdm_kid
23-11-2006, 11:52 AM
FIA is a group for Motorsports, alot of FIA approved items are not street legal.

YES thats what i forgot lol ADR (couldnt remember it)
but as if u care if it is or not lol :p

JasonGilholme
23-11-2006, 11:55 AM
lol you will when you have to take out 2000 bucks worth of seat cause you got caught...

e240
23-11-2006, 11:57 AM
...but as if u care if it is or not lol :p

Nope..I don't care...1/2 the stuff in my car defectable anyway...:D

jdm_kid
23-11-2006, 12:22 PM
lol you will when you have to take out 2000 bucks worth of seat cause you got caught...

black bride ftw ! :p

marabaan
23-11-2006, 12:27 PM
aight i have now found out what im going to be doing..

i found out that there is a place in VIC who sells ek9 recaro seat rails.
(so ***en happy)
and i guess the choice would be to get the recaros coz they wont get defected
and also i know
the person next to me wont go flying out of the window with a recaro strapped on to there asss...

thats is i stack it

Zdster
23-11-2006, 12:29 PM

This is true. As I was told by a recaro rep. even the aftermarket ones that they sell need to be engineered to meet ADR's even though they meet a range of international standards - FIA, FMV etc

Limbo
23-11-2006, 12:32 PM
doesn't mean you won't get defected. The seats were not originally in the car so technically you could still get defected. Especially when dealing to dumb cops who are just on a power trip. The only way to be really sure is to get them engineered. Even then they can still cause you trouble if they really wanna be a pain.

Cops just seem to be on a power trip most of the time. Just try not to give them anything to look at and you should be fine

marabaan
23-11-2006, 12:56 PM
that sucks

f u c k the police

is a mad song by NWA

SiReal
23-11-2006, 01:06 PM
if u really want sport seats, get something that is subtle. i.e. black dc2r recaro for example. red seats stand out like a sore thumb.

NeRV
24-11-2006, 07:45 AM
http://www.bride-jp.com/lm_rec/image.gif

TurBIce
27-12-2006, 08:23 PM
wish i can afford those brides~

i guess no one knows a recaro dealer in SYDNEY?

skinnyboy
27-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Vision FTW!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-1408381693991_1870_9472049

http://icbmotorsport.com/New2/JDM_Vision_Seats_New_Red.jpg

skinnyboy
27-12-2006, 09:21 PM
wish i can afford those brides~

i guess no one knows a recaro dealer in SYDNEY?

Roman Autotek isn't it?

TurBIce
28-12-2006, 07:21 AM
TY,
i'll look it up.