PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my S15 for a DC2R: Thoughts?

evilslug
23-11-2006, 12:07 PM
reason being:
1. i have it as my daily driving to work and back and im just constantly stuck in traffic
2. because of this petrol is gay
3. dc2rs have a smaller N/A engine so it makes sense being my daily driver while still being pretty sporty

i do love booting the s15 around though but it just seems like a waste when 80% of the time im just stuck in traffic =\ and s15s are so hot compared to the teg.... :'( what should i dooooo.....?!?!

Its a hard decision, can any of you dc2r drivers give me an idea what to expect with owning one? i heard servicing is pretty expensive =\

mku01
23-11-2006, 12:34 PM
but insurance is a lot cheaper isn't it??
well that was my case before i got my type r... i thought after i get the type r... i won't be able to beat turbo cars, but i was surprised by my friends one as well as mine when we both beat modified s15's :cool:

I like s15's coz I liked the shape and the sound of BOV is just another bonus... but now I love my integra

hope that helps :P

Kiz_EG6
23-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey man if you and your friends are beating modded s15's with a stock dc2r, then i wanna know what petrol station you go to!!!

Dude, DC2R is abasolutely mad. Won't be as fast as an S15, but still heaps of stick! NA is a totally different ride to a turbo, even with V-TEC it's not like b oost, it's more of a smooth run all the way to 8500rpm, it may not feel as fast as it is, just because there is no "kick"!

Awesome to drive, they feel safe and comfortable (even with the sussy) and you can expect on average in traffic at least 10lt to 100k... much betta on open rd! Besides even if you give it a bit, you won't see too much of a jump in consuption!

Plenty more good things... "Best handling FWD in the world", factory recaros (some of the maddest seats you'll ever sit in, people kill for these), i could go on, but yeah, they're a pretty mad set of wheels.

mku01
23-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Shell V-Power :p

you might think im bs... but it happened ;) u can't feel much kick coz its fwd so the car is being pulled instead of pushing from the rear wheel..

I've driven both s15 and dc2r.. i know s15's have big potential in power... but if you like track or mountain runs... go ITR, s15's just like to shake their asses like JLo

Kiz_EG6
23-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey man, wouldn't use anything else! been on it since it came out. And was on optimax before that, since day 1! :)

Anyway, didn't mean anythin by it, haven't really raced anyone since i got the itr. but awesome car, everything i thought it would be!

mku01
23-11-2006, 07:12 PM
oh btw.. i meant mildly modified s15s
so pretty much quite a few you see in Bris :D
but in saying so, I wouldn't dare race them on the highway coz thats where turbo cars prey... :thumbsup:

macoman69
23-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Hmmmmm

Kill list:
2 x 1 JDM 1 AUDM S15 (Modded)
2 x WRX (Modified)
3 - 4 x GTS-T (Modified)

BTW this was all tested on a proper drag strip :D

So turbos are not always the shit!
as Mkuo1 knows all to well

Go the Ying Yang :cool: lol

NeRV
24-11-2006, 07:24 AM
why dont you just go buy a $500 shitbox and use that as a daily driver and use your S15 for weekends?

destrukshn
24-11-2006, 07:39 AM
why dont you just go buy a $500 shitbox and use that as a daily driver and use your S15 for weekends?
yah..
s15's are great cars.

mild mods can cut low 13's quite easily, depending on driver
no dc2r can do that.
lol.

keep the s15 it's more fun.
lol

NeRV
24-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Yeh if i had a S15 id just keep it and get something else as a daily and maybe something thats auto if you always get stuck in traffic..

VTi_b0i
24-11-2006, 08:01 AM
yeahh thats what i did, but the downside is having to pay rego and insurance on the thing, and wear and tear on 2 cars aswell...

evilslug
24-11-2006, 08:43 AM
hey guys thanks for all the replies :)

yeah i dont really wana have 2 cars to pay for...

one reason why i wanted a dc2r is because my friend has one (and its pretty mad ride) and im just over my s15.

It looks hot no doubt, and its pretty ***n fast but i just dont enjoy driving it that much.

the engine is like a tractor and the gearbox clunks like it was made 20 years ago

im just totally over it i just wanna change basically lol

Int3gra-T
24-11-2006, 08:45 AM
whats your budget on a new car???

destrukshn
24-11-2006, 08:45 AM
lol.
get a s2k.
a sti.
lol.

VTi_b0i
24-11-2006, 08:47 AM
LOL dont say that pplz wen u want to sell the car hahaha.
why not get a newer honda? dc5r? s2000?
my mate just got rid of his s15 with 300kw atw for an s2k. And he loves it. its HEAPS slower as u would imagine but said it has the best handling of ANY car hes ever driven...

evilslug
well i wanted something cheaper than the s15 for now cos i could really do with the extra cash which was why i was thinking of getting a dc2r.

so i'm basically looking around the 20K mark give or take a few K.

Int3gra-T
yeah i was gonna say that :)
if u can afford a s15 and type r...
why not pay around 5 g more.. and get a s2k...

Int3gra-T
24-11-2006, 08:48 AM
20 gz isn gonna get u anything better than a s15.

evilslug
24-11-2006, 08:49 AM
i actually wouldnt mind the DC5R.

any comments on this vs the DC2R/S15??

from what i have heard its pretty cruisy, looks hot, and is fairly fast? i cant really comment on that cos i've never really driven or been in one

any dc5R owners care to comment?

Int3gra-T
24-11-2006, 08:50 AM
dc5r'z are becoming the same price as dc2'r
its really weird.

mj3610
24-11-2006, 11:44 AM
S2k are nice cars, 2L NA pumpin out 140kw and its rwd + convertable :)

evilslug
24-11-2006, 04:29 PM
i would love an S2K but i cant afford one...

at the moment i can afford the s15 easily but i cant afford to mod it to the extent i would like

25-11-2006, 06:56 PM
if ur worried about fuel, and use the car to its full potential, insurance is high, blah blah.. wat are u on about?? u bought a sports car, wat did u expect? You can't say that u didn't factor all this in b4 u bought ur S15..?

For now, we can forget about taking ur current/future car to the Track/drags, because u havent' whinged about that yet.. ur only concerned about is insurance, fuel, and being stuck in traffic.. if u want something like that, get urself a Toyota Yaris..

Now, to brag about the car that u think ur so over at
Power: SR20DET <-- Not bullet proof, but a farken awesome platform to produce insane power from. No one can doubt the potential, enough said!

Handing: For crying out loud, its FR!!! thats what u want as a platform if u want a true race/drag car! none of this shite FF crap! shite ass sussy from stock, but with coilovers (none of this springs bs), and u've got urself a weapon.. that is if u no what setting to put ur sussy at. Mess around with ur front cambers for maximum corning ability, and u mite want a rear camber kit to save excess wear on the rear tyres while on street

LSD! altho the stock S15 does have one, an aftermarket will be better. And unfortunately LSD have almost been kinda magic to me.. there's like 1/1.5/2 way LSD's, and depening on what u want to do with ur car, u get specific ones. Not cheap, but will transform ur excessive understeering or uncontrollable oversteering "daily" driver into a racing demon!

Ridity Ridity Ridity Ridity!! Reinforce the biatch!! front, rear strut and sway bars! and everything else that u can afford tyres.. there's like a whole debate about how good tyres are and which to use somewhere on this forum, read

Skill: How good is urs? perhaps do some Motorkanas or some track days and know ur car better, cuz it doesn't seem like u do..

oh yeh, and if u still want a daily driver.. *ahem* yaris

s2ky_
25-11-2006, 08:43 PM
im not too sure if the dc2r is slow compared to a s15, my mate has a jdm s15 and it is dead even down the quarter with my dc2r

locote
25-11-2006, 08:49 PM
HAHHA y not build ur self a car which will kill both for under 20k???
my civic so far is less than 20k and its nearly as quik as my S15 which cost me round 60k ( new price plus mods)

RyDC5S
25-11-2006, 09:10 PM
DC2R drives and handling is top notch, however coming off a S15 you might find it a slight step backwards performance wise. Still, take one for a spin - its awesome for a NA fwd sportscar.

AUS2k
25-11-2006, 09:45 PM
get a s2000 , the 2000 is king:honda: :honda: :honda:

FIT
25-11-2006, 10:28 PM
i thought the nsx is the king? lol

yourfather
25-11-2006, 11:47 PM
you asked this on nissansilvia.com and I'll give you the same answer here, keep your S15.

Speeder
26-11-2006, 06:34 PM
you asked this on nissansilvia.com and I'll give you the same answer here, keep your S15.

Agreed. There is so much you can do to an FWD, yet in performance, RWD setup is desirable over FF.

Iwishiwasa Type R
29-11-2006, 06:38 PM
my gf has a s15 and i have a dc2r

dc2r is like a go kart.. it lets you know where the wheels are pointing...
its raw and its noisy..

s15 is like a luxury cruiser in comparision....launches torpedoes into the sunset..dont get me wrong..its still corners like a demon but it just doesnt talk balk like the dc2r does...

in terms of daily driving...i would love to have the torque from an sr20 in my dc2r.. but hey you cant have everything...
i actually find the dc2r more comfy than the s15 and theres no friggin foot rest in the s15!!!

skywings
29-11-2006, 07:36 PM
You might find yourself changing gears more than you'd like in a DC2R stuck in traffic.

PaZzMaN-R
30-11-2006, 08:54 AM
mate join clubitr.com if you want more info on something like this. all your questions will be asnwered there. iv been hearing alot of people moving from s15's to dc2r's tho. personaly iv never driven a s15 but from the few iv sat in i dont fit in and feel comfortable in so would never consider owning.
fun wise. you dont need boost to have fun, revving all the way to high hell at 8500rpm with it feeling like it wants to keep going is fun enough, and bloody addicting. turbos also alot of fun especially with a FR layout. anyways enough for now go to clubitr.com

destrukshn
30-11-2006, 09:05 AM
keep the s15
lol.

evilslug
30-11-2006, 01:54 PM
most likely going for a DC5R now mainly cos its mroe refined, looks heaps better, better comfort inside, new interiior etc and apparently has more power.

obsessionz
30-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Dude the ITR uses about the same amount of petrol ... dun think because its a 1.8 ... wont use as much ... it revs high... i was only getting 350kms - 380kms max good luck ... with a full tank if your buying it cause you think its cheaper on petrol an insurance ... its about the same .. insurance might be abit more only cause of turbo ..

But if you wanna sell the S15 to buy the DC2R just for a new ride then go for it..

PaZzMaN-R
01-12-2006, 04:15 PM
i dont agree with fuel consumtion, i do the occasional spirited drive sometimes more often sometimes less. always averag in the high 9.xL/100km

dude go test drive and look at a few dc2r's and also dc5r's then think very hard about it. dont make it an impulse buy altho it doesnt sound like one.
they a bloody fantastic car and totaly different to your turbo rwd.

aznsiko
01-12-2006, 05:44 PM
DC2R!!! is the way to go..
HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!! HONDA!!!