PDA

View Full Version : CTR vs SiR front lip for EK

Ru$kI
25-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi guys...just wondering does anyone know the dimensions of each one...coz I currently have the SiR lip and am wondering how much lower and more extended will the CTR lip be since i sometimes scrape driveways even with the SiR?

Cheers

EK4R
25-11-2006, 10:35 AM
you have a SIR lip or the OEM lip?

im not quiet sure on the SIR LIP however the OEM lip is similiar to the CTR lip.
as for SIR lip well i dont think it is that much lower than the CTR probably the same. but i neva had 1st hand experience with sir lip.

|N|
25-11-2006, 11:17 AM
you have a SIR lip or the OEM lip?

im not quiet sure on the SIR LIP however the OEM lip is similiar to the CTR lip.
as for SIR lip well i dont think it is that much lower than the CTR probably the same. but i neva had 1st hand experience with sir lip.

they r not hte same... for 96-98... they r 2 diff design... sir is smaller...

Ru$kI
25-11-2006, 11:20 AM
yea sorry forgot to mention i've got a prefacelift 96 model EK. The lip I have now i bought from Honda...and its the smaller one of the 2...thus its an SiR OEM lip from my understanding...correct me if im wrong.

So Nick...how much larger is the CTR...will it make the front lower? or stick out more? or both?...and any idea for how much they go for...ozhonda search seems to give no results when u type in SiR or CTR :confused:

|N|
25-11-2006, 11:23 AM
yea sorry forgot to mention i've got a prefacelift 96 model EK. The lip I have now i bought from Honda...and its the smaller one of the 2...thus its an SiR OEM lip from my understanding...correct me if im wrong.

So Nick...how much larger is the CTR...will it make the front lower? or stick out more? or both?...and any idea for how much they go for...ozhonda search seems to give no results when u type in SiR or CTR :confused:

its the ctr lip is more chunky... so if u alreayd have problem gettin to places without scraping.. then just leave it for now... thats my suggestion anyway .. plus ur car looks hot as is mate...

and yes it sit s a bit lower then the sir

uetecu
26-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Does anyone have honda part numbers for these two lips in discussion? You'll find these on the boxes it came with.

There seems to be a handful with different part numbers which I assume are slightly different in design to each other.

Ru$kI
26-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Cheers Nick....thing is that someone 2 days ago decided 2 reverse in2 my car while trying 2 get out of their parking spot...didnt leave details r nefn..so i gotta do front bar respray...and figure if i get the CTR lip (which I was considering anyway) i can spray them together n get some sort of a discount...but i dunno if its all worth it....

how much does the CTR lip usually cost anyway?