PDA

View Full Version : DC Sports Header Flex Pipe Crack-O

EuroAccord13
25-11-2006, 09:21 PM
For those who have DC Sports Headers or the SS copies.. This might be helpful for you..

After getting numourous hits on my Cusco Lower Arm, the flex pipe decided to give way...

I've changed to a so called "Doubled Walled" construction type flex pipe and it cancelled out the whistling that is caused by the ribbed internals of the flex pipe.. No more whistling on my DC Sports and the exhaust note has gone quieter BUT the note is deeper now..

If I held on any longer, the internals would have cracked all the way around it.

Mine was cracked at two places and had only about one inch left before they meet and make my flex pipe a two piece unit:p ...

Photos...

CRACK 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/DC%20Sports%20Headers/Crack1.jpg

CRACK 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/DC%20Sports%20Headers/Crack2.jpg

Chris_F
25-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Good move replacing the flex pipe - glad to hear it fixed up your problems too!. This is the reason i steered clear of the DC products and their copies... the quality really does leave something to be desired and it seems everyone that owns them has some sort of trouble.

Gerald28
25-11-2006, 09:36 PM
thats some serious cracking there!

but its good to hear that there is a solution to that annoying whistling sound :thumbsup:

stephen8512
26-11-2006, 03:51 PM
ive said countless times
"quality speaks for itself"

TypeG
26-11-2006, 06:14 PM
"After getting numourous hits on my Cusco Lower Arm"
try it on your JDM header

Atjo
27-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I think there's nothing to do with the price or the quality regarding the crack that Nick had --> "After getting numourous hits on my Cusco Lower Arm"

Chris_F
27-11-2006, 09:54 AM
I think there's nothing to do with the price or the quality regarding the crack that Nick had --> "After getting numourous hits on my Cusco Lower Arm"

A number of people without the cusco lower arm bar have experienced similar problems with the dc sports header. A quick read/search of the tsx forum and it becomes really apparent that the header is to blame. I think the knocking on the lower arm bar just sped the process up

TypeG
27-11-2006, 10:15 AM
A number of people without the cusco lower arm bar have experienced similar problems with the dc sports header. A quick read/search of the tsx forum and it becomes really apparent that the header is to blame. I think the knocking on the lower arm bar just sped the process up

i thought the have solve this problem already....

how long does he has the header for?

EuroAccord13
27-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I think those members from TSX Club suffered cracks from the weld joints that were a known issue in the earlier batches of the headers, mine was the second batch which had reinforced welds. To fix the first batch, extra spot welds had to be made internally.

My issue has nothing to to with the welds but in fact the constant hitting of the flex pipe with the lower arm bar (Thinks engine damper now LOL).....

Chris_F
27-11-2006, 06:21 PM
I think those members from TSX Club suffered cracks from the weld joints that were a known issue in the earlier batches of the headers, mine was the second batch which had reinforced welds. To fix the first batch, extra spot welds had to be made internally.

My issue has nothing to to with the welds but in fact the constant hitting of the flex pipe with the lower arm bar (Thinks engine damper now LOL).....

thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

I removed my lowerr arm bar because i was getting knocking on my cat... its only going back on if i can get an etd

EuroAccord13
27-11-2006, 07:48 PM
I removed my lowerr arm bar because i was getting knocking on my cat... its only going back on if i can get an etd

Same here, the LAB will go back in only if the ETD helps reduce the chances of the bar hitting the exhaust...

Only other issue I have with the LAB is my clearance.. I've raised the height of the car three times and the LAB still can't clear many humps even crossing over at an angle....:thumbdwn:

TypeG
27-11-2006, 08:04 PM
what is LAB

euro77
27-11-2006, 08:06 PM
LAB = Lower Arm Bar

Chris_F
28-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Same here, the LAB will go back in only if the ETD helps reduce the chances of the bar hitting the exhaust...

Only other issue I have with the LAB is my clearance.. I've raised the height of the car three times and the LAB still can't clear many humps even crossing over at an angle....:thumbdwn:

Yea it sucks aswell because i really felt the steering tighten up with the LAB on. I also had the clearence issues. When i was 10mm higher than i am now i only had 7cm clearance from the lowest point on the bar. 6cm of ground clearance is only about 2 inches, so tahts another hting to consider and my car isn't even that low (2 finger gap all round)

I wonder if a front sway bar would give a similar feeling of a tighter front end?

TypeG
28-11-2006, 07:50 AM
omg.... my LAB is coming and i may have trouble fitting them as well coz my car got 1 finger gap all round

Chris_F
28-11-2006, 08:03 AM
omg.... my LAB is coming and i may have trouble fitting them as well coz my car got 1 finger gap all round

you should have an ETD on by then though, so that should stop your knocking issues. In terms of ground clearance you'll have 5-6cm, the bar itself extends at least 3-4cm lower

TypeG
28-11-2006, 08:19 AM
okay mate
will install ETD on Thurs
let you know in the weekend

Chris_F
28-11-2006, 08:34 AM
thanks - I really hope it fits, coz i want my LAB back on :p

ALN
28-11-2006, 05:43 PM
ive said countless times
"quality speaks for itself"

In some ways, I agree with you, mate.:D
About the DC sport header, I think it has been discussed in other US forums awhile ago. There are customers found crack on their header and complained to DC sports about it and luckily most of them get replacement but not sure about the SS header though.

TypeG
28-11-2006, 08:20 PM
In some ways, I agree with you, mate.:D
About the DC sport header, I think it has been discussed in other US forums awhile ago. There are customers found crack on their header and complained to DC sports about it and luckily most of them get replacement but not sure about the SS header though.

read all the posts first

I totally agree u get what you pay for but this problem is NTH to do with the quality (since we not use DC anyway).

ALN
29-11-2006, 09:15 PM
read all the posts first

I totally agree u get what you pay for but this problem is NTH to do with the quality (since we not use DC anyway).

My bad, mate.:D
Since I assumed if the header is DC one, you guys should probably talk to the seller or the DC sports about it though since there are customers complained about the DC header crack for euro/tsx so it might not be caused by the LAB it self but SS header is different case though.

EuroAccord13
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Dan + I Think TypeG... The Flexpipe is $140....

Atjo
05-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Dan + I Think TypeG... The Flexpipe is $140....
Thanks Nick

EuroAccord13
05-12-2006, 04:49 PM
$140 Installed that is.....

TypeG
05-12-2006, 07:22 PM
$140 Installed that is.....

thx mate
Dan... may ask if there is any discount if do both =)

EuroAccord13
05-12-2006, 08:32 PM
They usually charge more...

But if both of you are interested, I can ask for you...