PDA

View Full Version : Remove front sides + install

ceeazian
26-11-2006, 12:24 PM
i know this has probably been done so many times, but i can't seem to find it! if its here can someone post me the link!

how to remove front bumper & side skirts on a civic ek1.

And how hav peepz bin going on DIY install bodykits? anyone tried?

ceeazian
26-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Ohhhh and also how the hell to remove the number plate holder on the rear....! do i need to remove boot trim? !

shinji112
26-11-2006, 02:11 PM
to remove the front bumper you need to:
- remove the 5 xmas clips thats holding the front grille down
- remove the single xmas clip on each side of the front grille that holds the front bumper down, so there are 2 of those in total
- then u gonna get down on the ground with a 10mm spanner or wrench and take off the 2 bolts holding the front bumper secure
- and on each side of the front guards where it meets the front bar there is a screw which can be taken off with a phillips head screwdriver. sometimes if it doesnt come off then you just unscrew all you can and then get a pair of pliers to pull out the screw and finish the job
- then carefully just pull off the front bumper

shinji112
26-11-2006, 02:13 PM
and im not too sure about your number plate holder on the rear but for my coupe, there are bolts on the inside of the boot that is holding the plastic backing. shouldnt be too different and diffcult to get it off. just stick your head in there and have a look around

Ru$kI
26-11-2006, 08:08 PM
shinji112 was spot on with the front bar...

now with the sideskirts
- unscrew 2 screws connecting it to the plastic fender lining near your front wheels
- then the rest of the sideskirt is held on by clips...try sliding it across (push from rear to front)...but be careful not to brake the clips...just keep trying at it...apply bit more force if necessary...but yea not too much or u might snap the clips.

with the rear surround
- unscrew your rear number plate
- unscrew 3 xmas screws at the top near the rear number plate lights
- pop the boot and unscrew the inside 2 nuts that hold the surround together
- then theres a clip sorta thing in the middle of your surround, use pliers to push it out
- then the surround should come straight off

ceeazian
26-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Cheersss fullas, imaa try all this stuff 2morrow! give it a go..and hey, when they chuck on a new bodykit (side skirts) do they use all this exsisting clips and stuff? or is everything made to boltt on?!?

AND ALSO...(waiting for someone to yell at me) Butt they say u save money for taking off parts before it needs to be painted etc. HOW do i get to my side mouldings! i understand i need to take the door trim off? but for a hatchback, that takes care of the moulding on the door, how about the one towards the back seat. do i have to take all that off! and the front? take the side fenders off! ???

need help! how da hell do i do this!

shinji112
29-11-2006, 10:57 PM
not too sure about that.. never tried it myself! but it would seem that way! i could be wrong though.. but honda does like making it a bitch for people to take things off their cars. thats why i cant be stuffed to colour code my mouldings yet

kn1ghtm4r3
30-11-2006, 11:18 PM
you must first take the door panels off and expose the area behind the moulding.. there are little plastic clips holding it which you can squeeze to pop out the moulding... the panels in the rear seats must be taken out too for the pieces on the rear panels.