PDA

View Full Version : TEIN Coilover Setup on EG5 Soft/Hard? Front/Back

Lukezen27
26-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi guys

can someone point me in the general direction on setting up the handling on my TEIN SS Coilovers?

There's like 15 setting from hard to soft on both front and back and I don't know where to start from...

Thanks guys

LukeZen

Chris_F
26-11-2006, 03:29 PM
most ppl I've spoken to suggest you run the front a couple of clicks firmer.

To adjust the tein SS, turn the knob on the top of the coilover clockwise untill it stops.. this is the hardest setting. After you've done that turn anti-clockwise to dial in the desired softness.

I'd suggest you start off with 7 front 9 rear, basically something close to the middle... drive with it for a while and you'll have a feeling as to weather a harder or softer setting suits your driving style/habits more.

Lukezen27
26-11-2006, 03:40 PM
most ppl I've spoken to suggest you run the front a couple of clicks firmer.

To adjust the tein SS, turn the knob on the top of the coilover clockwise untill it stops.. this is the hardest setting. After you've done that turn anti-clockwise to dial in the desired softness.

I'd suggest you start off with 7 front 9 rear, basically something close to the middle... drive with it for a while and you'll have a feeling as to weather a harder or softer setting suits your driving style/habits more.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply

Yup I've had them for some time and played with setup here and there

OK I'll give 7 front and 9 rear ago :thumbsup:

Muzz
26-11-2006, 05:32 PM
You can use the adjustments to fine tune the ballance of the car also.

If u find it understeering alot, stiffen up the rear a little, or soften up the front. Ull find the front grips more, and it feels like ur tail wants to come around a little more.

If u go more toward oversteer, as everyone tends to do when modding there FWD, just be aware of lift off oversteer.
When u lift off the acceleration, or start braking, weight is transfered from the rear tires to the front tires. During cornering, on a vechicle with an oversteering ballance, if u suddenly lift off, or start breaking, the car may begin to oversteer due to the reduction of weight on the rear tires. If this happens, usually the best way to get the grip back is to smoothly apply acceleration to get the rear grip again. Ul learn how the front to rear grip is effected by your braking and acceleration, so just take it easy for a while to u get used to the different handling of your car, dont just alter the ballance, and go thrash it around town! The key to happyness is smoothness.

If u find ur cars to far ballenced toward oversteer for your liking, stiffen up the front, or soften the rear a little.