PDA

View Full Version : 2004 S2000 (large pics 56k)

civic
06-10-2003, 04:56 AM
how good does it look..

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-02.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-05.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-06.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-09.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-10.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-11.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-12.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-13.jpg

http://beoy9.lazy-panda.com/s2000/04-s2000-14.jpg

enjoy.

vti-2
06-10-2003, 09:11 AM
The interior is so classy, i love the gearknob.

AP1 F20c
06-10-2003, 10:54 AM
The only thing visually pleasing is the valve cover plug ...

Calvo
06-10-2003, 02:28 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
omg!! such a beautiful machine :D

toE
06-10-2003, 02:41 PM
very nice pics dere John. U take dem?? :wink: :mrgreen:

Calvo
06-10-2003, 03:12 PM
nah i was takin them of my own car :D

A'PEXi
06-10-2003, 09:30 PM
nice, i want one :)

godzhitman
06-10-2003, 09:45 PM
That's hot. I want one!

AP1 F20c
07-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Who doesn't one want? That's probably a better question.

Choongas
07-10-2003, 08:38 PM
:thumbsup: I want one!!!

Civic Si
18-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Me too! :lol:

mr cyanide
19-10-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm In Love

EG_2_TEG
24-10-2003, 02:58 PM
what happened to the 9k redline :(

what's with all the new honda's decreasin the redline:
2004 S2k
DC5 type-R :?

AP1 F20c
24-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Only the States get the 2.2 litres, what is offered is a lowered redline, 15% or so more torque and same horsepower. All else remains 2.0 litres (IE - Japan, Euro Markets) at this stage. Honda US made the F22c for those "no torque" complainers while Japan remains the true hardcore with the F20c in another year of production. Honda AU has yet to show it's path, but it's possible it could take either direction, we'd just have to wait and see at this stage.

n/a
03-12-2003, 04:59 PM
how about the gearbox, is it still going to retain the gearing from the current model or is it going to be revised like the one coming to the states?

AP1 F20c
03-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Don't exactly understand what you're asking but in a nutshell, the difference between the F20c and F22c gearbox is described.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/images/smiles/star.gif Gear ratios between both gearboxes are different due to the different displacement.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/images/smiles/star.gif F22c spots a stronger/reinforced gearbox design over the F20c, a good indication that revision on the gearbox has been useful and feasible.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/images/smiles/star.gif Driving/shift feel is the same for both F20c and F22c, characteristics of - Short gear change, sharp, crisp and accurate response. Downside is mis-shifts can easily happen if you aren't used to driving this type of gearboxes. Still the shortest gear change box from factory by any manufacturer on the market as yet.

[[d a n n y]]
03-12-2003, 06:43 PM
i dont want 1

i want a NSX :x :twisted:

n/a
05-12-2003, 10:49 AM
honestly.. i think old one is better :)

Usual Suspect
05-12-2003, 11:27 AM
looks good.

AP1 F20c
05-12-2003, 11:51 AM
honestly.. i think old one is better :)

Don't worry, you're not the only one ... The general consensus among S2000 owners worldwide all judge the true S2000 as the 2.0L instead of the 2.2L. Only the US gets the higher displacement variant but lowered redline. 8)

crx2gen
05-12-2003, 01:48 PM
To be honest, the S2000 is an impressive car on paper, and a disappointing one in the flesh...I'd never consider buying one, DC2 ITR is a far better steer IMHO.

vti-2
05-12-2003, 02:39 PM
DC2 ITR is a far better steer IMHO.

And you are probably right. The ITR is arguably as close as it gets to a production race-bred car (that Honda offers), even in stock form it is an awesome drive. The S2K is pitched at a different market anyway, and it is RWD. :D

crx2gen
06-12-2003, 01:04 AM
DC2 ITR is a far better steer IMHO.

And you are probably right. The ITR is arguably as close as it gets to a production race-bred car (that Honda offers), even in stock form it is an awesome drive. The S2K is pitched at a different market anyway, and it is RWD. :D

True, but you look at the S2000 being a light RWD sportscar with the most hp/litre production engine, beautiful interior, and so on. Then you can go drive one.

Both the b18c7 and f20c are highly strung engines, but the b-series just seems that much more superior in power delivery and driveablility. And for what it is, the S2000's handling is pretty damn average.

In short: S2000 is a midlife crisis slart machine.

eknine
06-12-2003, 08:51 AM
although to each has its opinion on the s2k, well i beg to differs.

the mid-life crisis that unless is driven by some old bloke:) that i agreed...and the b-series, its one of the most highly mod and with plentiful aftermarket support i see no reason why it is not affordable, quality power delivery and ease driveability - i see eye with you on the b-series (i.e a pocket rocket);)

for the s2k in the right hand, is still a class act and embodies the essence of a true honda. IMO;)

crx2gen
06-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Not to be an ass, but have you ever driven an S2000 or DC2 ITR for a reasonable distance? Its a classy car, sure, but for what its worth they might as well have thrown a d15 under the bonnet and left if FWD.

eknine
06-12-2003, 10:04 AM
its just my opinion mate..and for what you don't know ,you may never know - well something is worth nothing if no ones wants it and i rather not indulge into senseless debate which doesn't have a bottomline..:)

those of your opinions are noted:)

cheerios!

ps: also not trying to be an ass, but i'm an ignorant fool and someone pls enligthen me as to which F1/race car is FF made? :roll:

crx2gen
06-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I'll break it down.

S2000 looks awesome on paper, no doubt.

Go drive one.

As for FWD: That was tongue in cheek, because IMHO it fails as being a sportscar...

AP1 F20c
08-12-2003, 11:02 AM
"As" vs "Bs" ... Endless opinions. Even if you have both in your garage, it's still your opinion vs the rest who will never agree with you.

crx2gen
08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Thats definitely true.

But its nearsighted to worship something never experienced. I wouldn't have a clue about the NSX, closest I've come is about 10m, drove past me in the streets of Hong Kong.

AP1 F20c
09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
But its nearsighted to worship something never experienced.

Words of wisdom indeed, I highly agree with you there. Unfortunately, the net is flooded with such "nearsights".

revolution
11-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Not to be an ass, but have you ever driven an S2000 or DC2 ITR for a reasonable distance? Its a classy car, sure, but for what its worth they might as well have thrown a d15 under the bonnet and left if FWD.

I'm sure eknine has driven one ;) ......And sure it might be an expensive car, but it is well worth every penny.....

fueltank
12-12-2003, 11:04 AM
How much lower is the F22's redline?

crx2gen
12-12-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm sure eknine has driven one ;) ......And sure it might be an expensive car, but it is well worth every penny.....

You sure its worth every penny? ~$80k for a car that isn't exactly responsive and exciting to drive doesn't exactly sound like value to me.

eknine
12-12-2003, 02:18 PM
as i have said before, to each his own:)

and your opinion is noted:)

back to topic, period:)

AP1 F20c
12-12-2003, 02:22 PM
F20c - Redline 9200RPMs
F22c - Redline 8200RPMs

While that comment above CRX2GEN, I have to beg to differ. It's really just a hearsay or lack of exposure comment, much like this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86&start=30. You just haven't see how a real S2000 should perform/be driven. Yes, a Type R is good (Which you seem to draw a comparison between from your previous comments) but it certainly isn't the peak of Honda's performance production attributes.

One very important thing about forum discussions is not to "slap/slander" with your believes. I'm sure everyone has their own reserves on what's good with what you can afford, and what's up there and what's not. No matter how much you want to discuss, this clearly is opinion based above anything else. I cannot see how you can justify/substantiate with facts that the S2K only looks impressive on paper but cannot perform.

There are still a few cars up the Honda line-up that outperforms Type Rs with ease. You may complain about the pricetag, you may say it's not good enough because you think it performs poorer to another model. But until you have owned them all, a comparisons stays same. Your opinion vs someone else is never going to end. I truely see no further point to argue a thread that's 100% opinion based with groundless facts.

crx2gen
12-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Slander? Not likely. And in print form, its libel in any case.

I have seen how a real S2000 should be driven. And I've conversed with said drivers, who felt that it wasn't all it could be. I've done about 1500kms in an S2000 which isn't an ownership experience, but I got a fair bit of understanding how the car performs. Having also driven a DC2 ITR, I'd say it's damn close to a car twice the price, and feels stronger out of a corner, despite producing less power and being FWD. Yeah, the S2000 is better looking, better equipped, and a convertible. I'm only arguing from a sportscar point of view, period.

Don't get me wrong, I had some fun in the S2000, but as far as RWD sports cars go, its definitely not the best performer I've had the oppurtunity to steer recently, nor the worst (BMW Z3 anyone?) Just personally, I'd buy a 350z (haven't driven a roadster, just the hardtop) over the S2000, despite the fact I have zero affinity with Nissans. Its a car that puts its power down very well, and has bucketloads of in gear torque...albeit let down by a rather average interior in both design and quality, apart from the seats.

I cannot see how you can justify/substantiate with facts that the S2K only looks impressive on paper but cannot perform.

I didn't bother to go back and check, but that isn't the exact impression I was trying to give - the S2000 does perform, indeed. However, it is a far more substantial car on paper than in the flesh, which lead to disappointment on my behalf. And that, once again, is my personal opinion. Everyone's is different.

But until you have owned them all, a comparisons stays same

Thats highly unrealistic, there would be few people if any on this forum who could afford to own them all - we have to settle for test drives, to form a basis of an opinion. I'm not some sheep who will read what's written in the latest magazine and take that as my opinion, because until I experience it for myself, I really don't know. That said, I'm relatively sure the NSX would outperform either an S2000 or ITR, but I've never even sat in one so I couldn't form an opinion about the ride, the engine's strengths/weaknesses, the build quality, and I wont.

I truely see no further point to argue a thread that's 100% opinion based with groundless facts.

As a result of all that, I find this statement a bit of mystery...You're calling my opinion one of lesser value than anyone elses, interesting concept but not exactly sound. I'm not trying to make someone feel worse about the S2000, I'm just putting forward my views and experiences from driving one. I hope you yourself a not being a little one-eyed, but to be honest, if you're happy with what you drive, what does the opinion (valueless, remember) of someone you'll most likely never meet, even matter? As long as you are enjoying it, thats all that matters.

eknine
12-12-2003, 05:00 PM
"As" vs "Bs" ... Endless opinions. Even if you have both in your garage, it's still your opinion vs the rest who will never agree with you.

AP1, i conquered your opinion:)

A's and B's.......endless ;)

eknine
12-12-2003, 05:15 PM
btw crx2gen

may i ask in which and what situation are you referring to when you said that
" ...I have seen how a real S2000 should be driven. " ?

also you mentioned something abt "You're calling my opinion one of lesser value than anyone elses,..." no one has mentioned that except yourself and like all "IMO" your opinions has been noted as how you see to the issue....i reckon the "groundless facts " mentioned by AP1 or myself- "no bottomline" is summarised by what has been mentioned that the opinions of "A's and B's are endless"

obviously, we all read between the lines giving you and each the benefits of yours, mine or his rather than in rebuttals so haven't you see between those lines? anyway i shall not want to go over your mentioned of "Thats highly unrealistic...." .....again, your OPINIONS IS NOTED:)

----------------------------------
o·pin·ion Pronunciation Key (-pnyn) n.

- A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).

Function: noun
Definition: belief
Synonyms: assessment, assumption, attitude, conception, conclusion, conjecture, estimate, estimation, eye, fancy, feeling, guess, hypothesis, idea, imagining, impression, inclination, inference, judgment, mind, notion, persuasion, postulate, presumption, presupposition, reaction, say so, sentiment, slant, speculation, supposition, surmise, suspicion, take, theorem, theory, thesis, think, thought, view, viewpoint
Concept: belief/theory
Source: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
Copyright © 2003 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved

JAP88R
12-12-2003, 05:37 PM
haha
umm i think there is one person here . that does have "most" of the cars in their garage ..

someones brother even ? =p

eknine
12-12-2003, 05:56 PM
JAP88R, i think you mistype bothers for brothers...are you trying to mean....

"someone bothers even to find out?"

is that what you meant coz don't get you there :roll: :arrow: ;)

AP1 F20c
12-12-2003, 06:02 PM
As a result of all that, I find this statement a bit of mystery...You're calling my opinion one of lesser value than anyone elses, interesting concept but not exactly sound. I'm not trying to make someone feel worse about the S2000, I'm just putting forward my views and experiences from driving one. I hope you yourself a not being a little one-eyed, but to be honest, if you're happy with what you drive, what does the opinion (valueless, remember) of someone you'll most likely never meet, even matter? As long as you are enjoying it, thats all that matters.

I won't go back and jump into another opinion war with no outcome, so let's just leave it as that. But if you've interpreted that I'm putting down your opinion, I can tell you that's not my intention, my intention is simple. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether this is a good car or not, or a comparison of this over that. If you're gonna stick your opinions into the air for everyone to read, you're gonna expect a serious response alike when doing it like this.

If I'm gonna put forward my view and experience on every performance Honda I've ever driven, owned and own. I can tell you it's longer than a short story book. But whether I wanna brag or talk loud about it is another story. To cut the story short and answer your most important question of whether I'm happy with my car or not. I can tell you YES, and I love the fact that it lives up to it's name proudly. Your opinion truly means nothing to me and the fact that you decide to stick your thumb up to raise your dislike about something completely irrelevant of this post demands my answer whether you like it or not. I'm not going to sit here and see how personal opinions are raised to fact. This is no different from trolling on a BMW forum bragging how quick your M3 can beat an M5, it's pointless and it's most certainly meaningless.

That being said, it doesn't change the fact that it's an opinion VS another. Why bother? And the most disturbing statement I've seen is, what sorta question is this?

You think that because you've driven both for a limited period of time, you can question others whether they have a similar exposure as you before passing an opinion? I am a major PITA especially to people who conflict with my opinions, but I can tell you one thing for sure, I never question, put down or get personal with anyone at any level on any conflicting discussion. It's absolutely uncalled for and absolutely unnecessary.

fueltank
12-12-2003, 06:18 PM
crx2gen, just wondering if you have a motorsport background etc?

revolution
12-12-2003, 10:36 PM
You sure its worth every penny? ~$80k for a car that isn't exactly responsive and exciting to drive doesn't exactly sound like value to me.

As stated, to each his own opinion...And no I don't own a S2K, but if I had the $80K, the S2K would definately be on the top of my most wanted list.. :P

And again, to each his own, no need to start a war here....

crx2gen
13-12-2003, 01:18 AM
A vs. B - yep, no arguing with that, its always going to happen.

AP1 F20C: If you're intention was not to belittle my opinion, thats fine, I misintepreted. Personally, I'd love to hear about your experiences with Hondas, I've only driven four in total, and two of those were just stocker ED CRX and EG Civic.

I'm sure as hell not trying to troll, I've got far better things to do than waste time with that - If that was my intention, I wouldn't be here, I'd be on hot4s.com complaining about "da pigz" or whatever. I didn't air my opinion to gather negativity, it just played out that way and if its hurt you, you have my apologies. Nonetheless, I'd like to hear from you why its a good car, for you, in your opinion.

When I said, "Not to be an ass", you do realise that the very statement was directed at myself - i.e. "Not to be facetious", etc. No personal attacks intended. The reason for the statement, is based around my opinion (oh no, anything but that :D) and yes, I was being a little facetious there - I ask whether or not people have driven cars before forumulating opinions, which is pretty important to me. I obviously don't know you guys, so I have no idea, hence the question.

fueltank: Zero in cars, and I'd agree to anyone stating the S2000 is one of the more difficult cars to get 10/10ths out of.

revolution: Fair enough.

eknine
13-12-2003, 09:25 AM
i'm sure crx2gen doesn't mean to start any war:), and i'm sure everyone hold some of their self-belief, nothing wrong with that..i say its only a friendly clashes of thoughts that all:)

sharing is caring:)

skoota
16-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Why the bloody hell won't these pics work?!?!?!?

DR HONDA
08-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Not a bad looking upgrade. We actually pre delivered 1 yesterday which was sold. nice 245/40/17 tyres on the rear which are quite grippy.

Dr Honda.

enoch
09-09-2004, 01:45 PM
this reminds me of a coperate meeting...
everyone trying to be nice, but in theory they just want to lash out to shut the others up.

yes, everyone has opinions, and to me, my intergra GSi is much better then all yee other sports car because I DRIVE IT muhahahahahahahahahaha

redliner
09-09-2004, 03:17 PM
awww wat happened to the pic??
it doesnt load up