PDA

View Full Version : Radio reception problem

Saracen
27-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Hey people,

I recently had Gary's install an Alpine 9857 in my 01 civic. The deck itself is amazing, the ipod integration is superb. Even with my stock speakers, the sound quality is much better than with the stock head unit.

There is one problem though, I've noticed that the radio reception is worse. When the reception is clear, the music sounds better than it did with the Honda unit, but I seem to be getting a lot more crackling from the speakers similar to when reception is poor. This crackling is only present when in tuner mode; CD and iPod are crystal clear.

I'm thinking there might be a loose connection to the antenna. Is this likely? Should I take it back and have Gary's take a look at it, or is the poorer radio reception due to the deck itself (I'd think that is unlikely).

Thanks

destrukshn
27-11-2006, 02:29 PM
it is highly unlikely, get them to double check it.
lol.

EGB18CT
27-11-2006, 05:54 PM
i believe its got to do with the antenna 100% as when i took out my dash and h/u it was fine but when i put it back in the reception has gone shit creek. Check and re route the antenna wire, try to avoid being too close to other wires and check proper connection at back of h/u and it should fix it.

XP02ED
29-11-2006, 12:26 PM
it wouldnt be the head unit.

the wire, antenna wire would be ****ed up, either a loose connection at the rear of the unit.

antenna wire got a splice as it basically has 2 coats a single wire, a white coat to cover reception and a 2nd layer of 100's of wires layered around the white coast then the top coat.

, OR jammed between body of car and headunit (like a hose jammed and water aint comming out)

i had the same problem but mine was due to the head deck pushing the antenna wire to hard causing a dent on the wire which then i had to replace

Jon_51
04-12-2006, 02:39 PM
antenna booster wire not conneted?
edit: antenna power wire, makes a difference to reception even if it's a static antenna, excuse me if the terminology is incorrect

ICACHA
04-12-2006, 09:35 PM
antenna trigger wire :)