PDA

View Full Version : How do I switch off the SRS light??

JRC
02-06-2004, 01:59 AM
I installed a new steering wheel on my car a while back and had to disconnect the airbag in the process. I couldnt work out how to get the SRS light to switch off.

Does anyone knoiw which fuse or wire I should cut. Its a 96 VTi-R.

THanks James

A'PEXi
02-06-2004, 09:31 AM
lol i hope you know its illegal to do that :D.... honda will be able to sort your light out if all else fails :)

whtdc2
02-06-2004, 12:48 PM
you need to reset the SRS!! easy, I do it almost every month on my car

bigteethygrin
02-06-2004, 03:59 PM
how do ya reset the srs???

whtdc2
02-06-2004, 09:12 PM
to Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes Without Scan Tool (SCS Connector):
Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.
Connect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2 pin).
Turn the ignition switch ON).
The SRS indicator light will come on for about six seconds, and then go off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2 pin) within four seconds after the light goes off.
The SRS indicator light will come on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2 pin) within four seconds after the light comes on.
When the SRS indicator light goes off, remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2 pin) within four seconds .
The SRS indicator light will blink two times indicating that the memory has been erased.
Turn the ignition switch OFF, and wait for ten seconds.
Hope this help!! if you need picture, pleease let me know

ECU-MAN
02-06-2004, 09:47 PM
to Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes Without Scan Tool (SCS Connector):
Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.
Connect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2 pin).
Turn the ignition switch ON).
The SRS indicator light will come on for about six seconds, and then go off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2 pin) within four seconds after the light goes off.
The SRS indicator light will come on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2 pin) within four seconds after the light comes on.
When the SRS indicator light goes off, remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2 pin) within four seconds .
The SRS indicator light will blink two times indicating that the memory has been erased.
Turn the ignition switch OFF, and wait for ten seconds.
Hope this help!! if you need picture, pleease let me know

but this wont work if he has disconnected the airbag. the airbag ecu is part on the airbag itself, so infact there are no codes to remove from an ecu which is not even plugged in ( please correct me if im wrong here ) this is the same for the CRX as well as INTEGRA.

once the air bag and ecu assy has been diconnected the instument cluster will detect it and leave the SRS light on, your best options is to remove the Globe from the dash

bigteethygrin
02-06-2004, 09:52 PM
i feel like a loser but yeah i need pictures

ECU-MAN
02-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I dont have an integra to show you how to pull out the cluster. you may need to take it to an auto electrician or someone who knows bout hondas

but remember it is illegal to do this, (may even VOID your insurance )

JSL
02-06-2004, 10:10 PM
ok here what I did..

Take out the cluster.. and unscrew the back panel.. and then cut a small black piece of contact and stick on the inside of the panel and BAM no SRS light..

whtdc2
03-06-2004, 09:55 AM
the yellow cable is the one you need to connect the SCS service connector . This yellow cable will be on the drive's side under the dashhttp://www.letour.com.au/itr/02.JPG