PDA

View Full Version : Spring clamps???

Taso
28-11-2006, 03:50 PM
hey found these on ebay and was wondering if they would actually work, cause i got my car lowered but want it abit lower and was thinking of purchasing a pair,
any suggestions?
thanks heaps

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/COIL-SPRING-LOCKS-LOWER-YOUR-WHOLE-CAR-EASILY_W0QQitemZ200052661814QQihZ010QQcategoryZ438 07QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SiReal
29-11-2006, 03:28 PM
hey mate, they do work otherwise they wouldn't be selling them at stockists like autobarn (not meant to be smartass btw).

so they do lower. however, as with all good things, there is a bad as well. i.e. what is the quality of the product - strong?, over time, the threads will probably wear down, the clamps will loosen, the spring rates will probably change as well.

i cant really think of any serious case scenarios, since your not actually cutting your spring but why not give em a go and let us know.

aimre
30-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Get then,

there worse things you can do to lower ur car. These arent TOO bad, although im sure others will say otherwise. I'd get them

JasonGilholme
30-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I could just imaging them breaking mid corner and throwing the whole car off balance and off the road..

m3ntAL_l2
30-11-2006, 12:41 PM
^^^ lol
i woudlent trust em when my life is depending on it, even a set of 2nd hand lower spring is probply better than that. dont b cheap when it comes to mod ur cars specially the ones that that can put ur life in danger

EuroAccord13
30-11-2006, 12:56 PM
These things are just as bad as cutting springs to lower the car....

bungsai
30-11-2006, 01:03 PM
i think i would take my chance with cutting rather than using these clamps...

AFAIK these clamps are intended for use whilst the car is stationary, ie for auto shows etc etc.

SiReal
30-11-2006, 01:09 PM
AFAIK these clamps are intended for use whilst the car is stationary, ie for auto shows etc etc.

very true indeed. never thought of it taht way.

ekslut
30-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I could just imaging them breaking mid corner and throwing the whole car off balance and off the road..

i woudlent trust em when my life is depending on it

These things are just as bad as cutting springs to lower the car....

Agree with all these....No way would I touch them. They could very easily cause a accident.