PDA

View Full Version : SRS System Computer

abzndintegra
28-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey guys

need some info, i know that you can link up HON data to the ECU if you want to log onto the ECU.

I have heard a rumour (actually not a rumour more so a fact) that ppl these days can Connect the SRS system computer to a laptop to get it reset, does anyone know of the software or the cable connection?

BTW the SRS computer that needs resetting is for a BB Prelude

CUL8R
28-11-2006, 09:33 PM
r u wanting to connect to the service connector right? the blue one u extract cel codes from

or do u need to reset ur srs light?

if its the light that needs resetting simply do the following
1- look underneath dash, near fusebox, for a 2-wire yellow plug, disconnect it and pull it down so you can work with it
2- turn ignition OFF
3- jumper the 2 wires together (cut paperclip in half and straighten, insert one end of both halves into back end of plug where each wire goes in, touch them together and hold)
4- turn ignition ON (SRS light will turn on for 6 seconds, then turn off)
5- within 4 seconds of SRS light turning off, unjumper the 2 wires (SRS light will turn ON)
6- within 4 seconds of SRS light turning on, jumper the 2 wires (SRS light will turn OFF)
7- within 4 seconds of SRS light turning off, jumper the 2 wires (SRS light will blink ON and OFF, indicating SRS function is reset)

otherwise in terms of computer connection i dont know

abzndintegra
28-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeh i was actually after Option A,

ive got deployed airbags, one option is to replace the Computer or Option be is to have it reset,

like i said they have only started doing this recently ( or should i say have learnt how to do this recently)

BTW in what ur reffering to above, do u mean create a loop with the paper clip? and im will be looping the female end obviously?

CUL8R
28-11-2006, 09:45 PM
alrighty....obviously im not sure as to what u need done/how to do it....but i do know one thing, can u explain ur situation slowly! lol....im lost....i dunno bout others but it may help the situation. lol

abzndintegra
28-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Ok

Air bags have been deployed.

Standard situation is to organise the air bags and also the SRS computer,

Now these days the computer can cost up to $500,

Recently someone has found out how to reset these SRS computers, in the past they have been thrown away,

the guy charges about $180 to reset the SRS computer.

All im trying to find out is if anyone knows how to reset it here save myself $180,

i wouldnt mind learning how to do it.

94vtirozguy
29-11-2006, 12:23 PM
commonly called pulling the fuse, this will reset the computers in the prelude.

(10 A fuse under the hood), or even disconnecting battery.

ECU-MAN
29-11-2006, 10:22 PM
you cannot reset honda SRS ECU's after being deployed using this method

yes it works on OPEL's and most other europeian cars, bot not honda

you will be parting woth some $$$$ soon

a deployed srs ecu is useless

ONV73C
30-11-2006, 01:49 AM
NO disrespect ECU-MAN, but i beg to differ

like i said up until recently you were correct the SRS ECU was useless but im 100% sure they can be reset now.

If i find out how, the $$$ will be coming my way instead or parting my way! lol

abzndintegra
30-11-2006, 02:27 AM
found a link for a Aus company that does it

http://www.carairbags.com.au/

ECU-MAN
30-11-2006, 07:00 PM
NO disrespect ECU-MAN, but i beg to differ

like i said up until recently you were correct the SRS ECU was useless but im 100% sure they can be reset now.

If i find out how, the $$$ will be coming my way instead or parting my way! lol

I would love to be proven wrong ( for Hondas )

to this day this is my belife because no one has proven to me it canbe done for the old skool generation of hondas

no doubt it can be done as the state of the ecu will be stored in an eeprom/mcu on the pcb and if you know what to change, $$$$ your way

good luck with it and make sure you let me know if you get it done

cheers

abzndintegra
30-11-2006, 07:09 PM
spent most of last night reading on the net, there is a few devices out there that can do it

http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=127&sortsid=558&sorts=Airbag%20Resetting%20Tools

this is the one that looks good, its can do SOME hondas, but if it hasnt got the make model stored u need a good ECu it will then store the settings and then u can do it.

There is the user manual which i read, it exlplains it all. but the link on this particular page is broken :S

Edgeauto
30-11-2006, 07:10 PM
never heard of anyone reseting a honde SRS contol unit after the airbags gone off but keep us informed if you find someone or a way of doing it.Interesting link

ECU-MAN
02-12-2006, 10:48 PM
spent most of last night reading on the net, there is a few devices out there that can do it

http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=127&sortsid=558&sorts=Airbag%20Resetting%20Tools

this is the one that looks good, its can do SOME hondas, but if it hasnt got the make model stored u need a good ECu it will then store the settings and then u can do it.

There is the user manual which i read, it exlplains it all. but the link on this particular page is broken :S

pretty cool link

just remember the yanks have different SRS systems to us, they also have the OBDII port that we didnt have in the same eara car.

abzndintegra
27-03-2007, 09:18 AM
To all those that were curious, i got it done on the weekend, the guy charged me $180 to reset the SRS ECU, its like knew again :)

ECU-MAN
27-03-2007, 11:10 PM
thats awsome.

thanks for confirming it can be done.