PDA

View Full Version : Apexi VAFC II on S2K help!!!

Malenic1981
28-11-2006, 11:14 PM
My friend has S2K, stock standard, he just got apexi VAFC II installed and tuned but car is not running well, if he stays in vtec range for longer period of time his engine light comes on, and sometimes his revs cut at about 6000rpm, would this be tuning problem or something wrong with his car, any help wellcomed tanks

saxman
29-11-2006, 07:09 AM
well, it worked before, then a very poor excuse for engine management was added, and now it doesn't work...

ditch the vafc... they're worthless anyway

Hipowerracing
29-11-2006, 08:39 AM
i tuned a couple of VAF-c in brisbane and they all worked fined...
my CRX is running VAFC...
in my opinion a engine management system is as good as only the person that can tune it...

anyways your tuning is to lean~ causing pinging therfore check engine light is thrown ON....

best thing to do for a quick fix is to go to your E.T.C. on your vafc and go to initiate (reset all settings). then turn your car off...

that should throw you to the basemap setting.. running your ecu's mapping...

a harder way is to go in to your setting;wide throttle and put all the values to zero, and narrow Throttle put all the values to ZERO.

if you have problems call me at 0402561348
Warmest regards
Ivan

and also same to narrow thr.

Malenic1981
29-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys, my mate is going to his tuner tomorow so will see what's gonna happen

Nightrider
30-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Probably better left stock.
I heard somewhere that Mugen full replacement ECU is the only real option availible for S2K.

EuroAccord13
30-11-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm thinking it's a tuning problem as the VAFCii works with the S2K F20C engine. My friend has got one tuned by my tuner and has no issues, the only other thing is that the S2K is modded...

saxman
30-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Maybe there was some confusion... I'm not saying a VAFC will automatically make the car run like crap. If tuned well, they can work, at least to the degree of not blowing up the motor.

They're still a very poor excuse for engine management, and imo, have no place on a vehicle. Who tries to successfully tune a modified motor with a piggy back that offers VERY poor fuel map resolution and absolutely no timing control? It's asinine.

If you want the ecu tuned, then pony up the money for a real tunable ecu.

Professional
30-11-2006, 12:07 PM
I vote VAFC II. My mate got VAFC II tuned. Got 8kw gain in his dc2r. Compare power and price, good, good and good.

CUL8R
30-11-2006, 12:26 PM
vafc2 at the time was the best deicsion i ever made for my car.....then i got the s300. i was so narrowminded to believe the vafc2 was good, it was quite frankly, a POS

AusS2000
30-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I heard somewhere that Mugen full replacement ECU is the only real option availible for S2K.

Find out where you heard that and never listen there again.