PDA

View Full Version : Confusing about the painted protection

dyljoy
29-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi, everyone, my 06cvic get a scratch on the side front door cause by the chips hit from the big truck on Hway today. It made my painting take off a lil bit, in my case, can i claim this when i do my first 1k service next week from Honda? Even they explain the warranty about the painted protection when i picked up my car, but still have no idea what it will cover about painted damage. Anyone have idea about this? In my point of view, if it can not cover and fix for me, i just leave it there and not gonna fix it, coz it isn't noticeable anyway, but still feel hurt when i see it,:o

destrukshn
29-11-2006, 02:23 PM
not covered.
paint protection.. covers fade, rust, bubbles stuff like that.

dyljoy
29-11-2006, 02:28 PM
oh, thx, so i am just unlucky to get this pain, i won't drive close to big monster on anywhere next time, they just make me sick. Still remember my Echo windscreen got lil hole hit by same objective b4 as well, just hate them~~

dannybubu
29-11-2006, 11:03 PM
yup...that's happened to me too!! everytime i wash the car....so painful to look at...*sighz*

keiichi
29-11-2006, 11:40 PM
i was driving behind a truck today and a small rock hit my front windscreen and now there is a mark. Is it still legal to drive with the mark there or do i have to replace it?

aaronng
30-11-2006, 12:01 AM
i was driving behind a truck today and a small rock hit my front windscreen and now there is a mark. Is it still legal to drive with the mark there or do i have to replace it?

Chip is fine. If it is cracked, then there is a criteria to judge whether it can be fixed or have to be replaced.

Criteria:
http://www.obrienglass.com.au/services/easyrepairguide.asp

dyljoy
30-11-2006, 12:04 AM
For my case, when i want to sell my echo, its small mark on the front windscreen have to fix otherwise i can not get the RWC, so i think leave it there is ok unless u want to sell it

xiaohung
30-11-2006, 12:05 AM
haha dyljoy, at least urs is not as bad as mine :D

i'm pretty sure u can't claim that stoney and chipsy mark :)

dyljoy
30-11-2006, 12:16 AM
ya, i think so, but anyway, i will try to ignore this~

clem
26-01-2007, 11:59 PM
lol you think thats bad?

I was just following a truck 20m's away and he drove past a chunk of plastic or somethign on the side of the road, fully lifted it up and sent it coming straight at me, no time to react either, went smack bang right in the middle of my car, i freaked out, pulled over and THANK GOODNESS it just destroyed the rego plate protectors i had given to me after i put on my personalised plates, nothing else, JUST the protectors i was so lucky nothing else had broken otherwise T_T

dyljoy
27-01-2007, 12:37 AM
woo, u are so lucky, yeah, hate any big monster on the road near me. I won't close to such big vehicle anymore if i can~