PDA

View Full Version : Are IACV's interchangable between models?

max06
29-11-2006, 04:36 PM
hi guys. I have a 91 integra LS b18a. I think my IACV is rooted. Honda Australia has given me the part number for my model an they quoted me for $420. I have seen another IACV elsewhere which is much cheaper and it says it will fit integra 86-91 and civic. Its part number is only a little different, it looks exactly the same as mine. I just wanna know if they are interchangable. I dont wanna buy the cheaper part if it aint gonna fit at all even though it says it will. Honda Australia told me that part is for a 92-95 Civic. If they are interchangable, does that mean all the hoses and stuff that come off the IACV will fit as well, or do they have to be changed and are they expensive?

max06
29-11-2006, 04:52 PM
to be more specific.. the one for the 91 integra model is the PR4 whereas the other one is the PP4(civic 92-95)

ECU-MAN
29-11-2006, 04:53 PM
if its bolts on and has the same pattern, it will be ok

JasonGilholme
29-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Chances are it'll fit but you also gotta think about the operation of the part. is it designed to do the same job as the other part??

If they fit exactly the same and look exactly the same wouldn't they have the same part number???

If you do go for it and you need to replace the lines you can always pick up hosing from your local autobarn for cheap. I got some hose for about 7 bucks a metre.

max06
29-11-2006, 05:06 PM
i emailed the guy, he says they are perfectly interchangable and will just bolt on and that the lines and hoses and what not wont make a difference and will fit. but then its strange that they have different part numbers.