PDA

View Full Version : Stock 2006 civic headunit

Bob san
29-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Just wondering would a stock 2006 civic headunit be able to hook up a amp and a sub?

the amp is a yokohama 1200w 4 channel amp and the sub is a Boss 12ich 1200w.

defect
30-11-2006, 10:41 AM
it should be able to, my friend hooked up a sub and 2 amps into his stock 06 civic sports. though it didnt sound the best, the bass was sort of slow in response or sounded like the music was moving faster than the bass. or could of been me, civic seems like really wide inside.

Fr3aKi3
30-11-2006, 11:43 AM
it should be able to, my friend hooked up a sub and 2 amps into his stock 06 civic sports. though it didnt sound the best, the bass was sort of slow in response or sounded like the music was moving faster than the bass. or could of been me, civic seems like really wide inside.

That may not be an issue with the headunit but possibly the subs and what box they're in.

xenfacta
30-11-2006, 12:36 PM
yes it can fit. you can use a line output converter to connect the amp to the HU or u can splice the speaker wires if ur amp has speaker level input

Bob san
30-11-2006, 12:44 PM
hmm so it can hook up to the stock headunit, sweet :p what about speakers? if i got some new 6x9 3 ways to the rear i can hook them to my amplier yes?

what is the difference between hooking and speakers to the ampliers and not hooking them? for better sound?

Fr3aKi3
30-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Basically the Line Output Converter (LOC) converts the high level output cable (speaker wire) into RCA's, which then gives you the option of installing an amp. There's quite a few LOC's to choose from and prices range from 25-900.

There's massive difference between speakers which are amped and ones which aren't. Sounds should become much clearer and output would be increased as well, in other words they'll play clearer and louder.

You could upgrade the rears but why not the front first? After all if you're driving you're sitting at the front and not the back.

JaCe
08-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Suggest you go for Alpine lineouts- I'm using them in my Civic06 to connect up to an RF amp. Works well and decent quality.

Also suggest upgrading front before rear- and if you want it to look stock, make sure to use the tweeter slots in the dash! I'm guessing the reason you mention rear speakers first is because you already have 6x9s. Good luck installing those; I think you might need to do a bit of cutting/experimenting to get them to fit because the stock speakers are 6.5" front/rear from memory.

EDIT: As mentioned above, I think it'll be very weird if you have rear speakers amped and front ones not... might be best if you buy some splits, hook those up to 2 channels on your amp, and then bridge the other 2 for the sub. Not sure if this suits your specs of your amp/sub, but that's what I did when I installed the 4ch amp into my stock Civic.

Aco3n
23-01-2007, 11:48 PM
shoot xiaohung a pm.. he used a LOC.. and sounds a bit harsh.. but will do a descent job though..

gerard
24-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Sorry to resurect this thread but for the members who may have changed their stock integrated HU for an after market system, who makes the stock system in the 06/07 civic VTi-l or sport?

xenfacta
24-03-2007, 05:26 PM
i havent changed it but i think its made by alpine....MAYBE

gerard
24-03-2007, 08:37 PM
some usdm are alpines, just not sure about the thai models

JaCe
24-03-2007, 08:46 PM
My dealer told me Alpine- but can't guarantee.

denot
28-03-2007, 04:28 PM
another noob questions guys:
1. I went to Strathfield car audio, and they sed I need a High pass Amp or sumthin for my new civic (as in not all amp will works). Is this true?
2. Is it worthed to install Sound damper? I reckon I can hear loud noises from outside (when past some busses, on motorway, etc), so I'm thinking on installing these. Which part should I install them to give best effect?

Thanks

gerard
29-03-2007, 09:46 PM
After agonising over the unknown sound quality of fitting a LOC and tearing up the stock system, I decided to fit the bass works.
Thanks to James. Sounds better than I dared hope for a whimpy looking stock speake system.

Shimian
30-03-2007, 08:04 AM
After agonising over the unknown sound quality of fitting a LOC and tearing up the stock system, I decided to fit the bass works.
Thanks to James. Sounds better than I dared hope for a whimpy looking stock speake system.

You mean the Honda Bass Works? How much better is it from stock? Do you hear more bass or is it just louder or what? Can you give a description?

Im also thinking of upgrading my front speakers to components (with tweeters), but im unsure if this will make a difference because i dont have an amp. Has anyone just changed the fronts to compos with no amp? If so, any diff?

cheers

gerard
30-03-2007, 10:30 PM
You mean the Honda Bass Works? How much better is it from stock? Do you hear more bass or is it just louder or what? Can you give a description?

Im also thinking of upgrading my front speakers to components (with tweeters), but im unsure if this will make a difference because i dont have an amp. Has anyone just changed the fronts to compos with no amp? If so, any diff?

cheers

well, it noticeably deeper but not to doof doof levels, I listen to a lot of jazzy music and it suits me. I had also thought of changing out my fronts to something better but at the moment, the stock fronts with the bass works sound good enough for the moment. I even left the bass amp eq settings stock. So far, settings are bass+2, treble +3, Fader F2, Vol 15.