PDA

View Full Version : i need better tyre when i race skylines

h22a accord
02-06-2004, 03:37 PM
pulled up next to my mate, he was driving his r33 gts-t, he asked me what i was doing? i said " i'm gonna race you. Waiting for lights to change, we were both revving it up, i think he was trying to get the car on boost...anywho, lights changed and we both off, in an instant, my bald 195/60/15 tyres spin up like im on ice, he shoots a car length in front, i get traction after i back off and hit the gas again..... i pull second gear , spin em up again and i catch up in line with his bumper, we both accelerating at same pace now, get to 100 and i change to 3rd but **** it up by changing to fast for syncros and he pulls away, i find third and i catch up to him, hit by brakes to slow up cos by now we doin 130+ in a 60 zone and i didnt want to ram him lol.

I reckon if i got decent rubber i might have got him, perhaps if he swaps his 245/40/18" tyres for something like mine i would get him easy.

XXpl0Sive
02-06-2004, 04:50 PM
and if he put your engine in his car you'd probably get him easy too :)

MTX BOY
02-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Still for bald tyres not a bad effort! Skylines arent exactly snails.

Do you have 200hp atw or the engine?

Xenon
02-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Try slipping the clutch and feathering the accelarator when you launch.. you are probably dropping the clutch with too much revs thats why u loosing traction at the start..

of course better tyres would help though.. semi-slicks would solve your problems but wont last too long i guess :D

Good tyres, good launch and good shifting, and u should be much closer (even beating) ur frens car next time... :shock:

h22a accord
02-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Try slipping the clutch and feathering the accelarator when you launch.. you are probably dropping the clutch with too much revs thats why u loosing traction at the start..

of course better tyres would help though.. semi-slicks would solve your problems but wont last too long i guess :D

Good tyres, good launch and good shifting, and u should be much closer (even beating) ur frens car next time... :shock:

yeh, thats what i did but as soon the clutch is fully out and i plant the accelerator the wheels spin.

it wet today and i can drive along in 2nd, floor the car and it spins up, even from very low revs.

need me some tyres anyway, rego in a few weeks.

probly doesnt help that the suspension is stock and that has the tendancy for the rear end to squat real bad and transfer the little weight on the front off the tyres.

the engine is 200hp, its about 150hp/112kw at wheels.

A'PEXi
04-06-2004, 02:54 PM
get some new tires :P

Weq
04-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Its funny when u give up a car length++ off the line because u spin.. this FTO i raced (and lost to) thought his v6 has 'much more torque' then mine cause he jumped me off the line.. Idiot.. i had no traction and a slipping clutch.. then he thought he owned me cause i couldnt get past his front bumper by end of 3rd after giving him this lead.

fueltank
11-06-2004, 04:05 PM
what was done to the 33?

h22a accord
12-06-2004, 02:14 PM
what was done to the 33?

dunno, but it was a rice burner, a spoiier level with the roof line, full vynil graphics up both sides lol. it hasnt got a front mount, but i think he is running more boost than stock. 3 inch exhaust and tanabe fart can etc.

[XRSIST]
10-08-2004, 02:11 PM
was it red?

h22a accord
10-08-2004, 06:00 PM
nup, black