PDA

View Full Version : ED/EF Civic wiring help

Dnation
02-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Hi guys,

Dont know if this belongs here or the tech forum but here goes.
Im installing an alarm in my civic and was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram of the wires coming out of the steering column. I've located all wired needed for the alarm install except those wires which control the left/right indicators. Does anyone know what colors they are? I could sit there for 20 minutes tomorrow in an awkward position testing each wire but it'll save ALOT of pain if someone just told me coz they're a walking civic dictionary. Please help!!!

Thanks in advance
Dave

Setanta
02-06-2004, 07:31 PM
I don't have one for the ED and my EF may be different. I got an auto electrician to do my alarm and he had the schematic.

Try posting on these US 4th gen forums http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1135 as the spec should be almost the same (except their cars are all EFi).

Or have a look in my sig - there's a 4th gen forum there too :)

flipmods
12-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Sorry don't mean to seem rude, but if you can't test the wires yourself using a voltage tester to do your alarm, you might be better off getting someone else to do it. I wouldn't want you shorting anything out accidentally. But if you still want to go ahead I can tell you how to test which wires you need, just pm me.

ECU-MAN
12-08-2004, 07:59 PM
just get a cheap ass test light, follow the wiring loom from the colum to the fues box, backprobe the connector with the indicators on to the left, its not hard to find it only have about 15 wires there. once you have found the left indicator turn the indiactor off make sure you light goes out, then indicate to the right and make sure the cable you found doesnt light up. do the same to find the right indicator. its realy not that hard. if your doubtfull take it to an auto electrician

mytoycivic
15-08-2004, 10:43 PM
i hate wiring...auto electrician away!!! no really you could end up doin something bad! although my killswitch has held up...dont know why!

Dxs
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
now i want to know the answer to his question..

i have two wires from the alarm.. named 'left blinkers' and 'right blinkers'

anyone know what to hook these upto?

tinkerbell
03-02-2006, 03:40 PM
i think LEFT is Green with red stripe and RIGHT is green with white stripe:

http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/ConcertoManual/62sk301/16-118.pdf

give it a go, i have found that most honda wiring retains same colour...

Dxs
03-02-2006, 03:47 PM
wicked
thanks mate.. i am still at the investigation stage.. but all the online wiring info i have read has stated that the green-red wire is for 'parkers'.. i think that might be the american way of saying indicators?

might start a new thread soon on my alarm queries