PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a dc2 vti-r

yesiamaturk
01-12-2006, 12:08 AM
hi i'm looking to buy a dc2 vti-r there are a few excellent examples on the market im sick of my es cvic anyway, its not another what should i look out for thread its more a mod advice thread....

well when i get the car stage one i plan is just CAI, zorst, lowered springs and shocks swaybars, rims are in the plan too and a bit of a system.

now this is where i am stuck with stage two of my mods i want to go for na power and noticed thats its a pricey.

i know this may sound like i am a n00b but i am use to nissan turbo motors such as the sr20, rb's etc. but for some reason ive always had a soft spot for hondas and i cant seem to get rid of it, lol, so any advice of modifications would be helpful and i do not want to go the turbo path, how much am i looking at??

any help would be apreciated

yourfather
01-12-2006, 12:45 AM
.............. do a search mate.

u been here for a year now...

Q_ball
01-12-2006, 01:20 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12532

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

Search buddy,
Check out the stickies up the top of the Integra sections,

Here are 2 links which will benefit you.
The DC5 Bang for Bucks is for a meer guide/reference for u.
Disregarding the power figures, similar mods will benefit your DC2.

ON XTC
01-12-2006, 01:28 AM
how much am i looking at??

it depends how crazy u wanna go man. i got a DC2 and i know that if i wanna mod the crap outta my car, im gonna have to empty a lot of money from my bank account.

the first $4000-6000 spent on the car is considered stage 1 to me: I/H/E, clutch, rims+tyres, coilovers/springs. that will give ya a good gain though.

fact is; its hard to build power from a NA car in contrast to a turbo.

ginganggooly
01-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Exhaust, header, cai, intake manifold and ECU should make you some decent power and net you a mid-14 pass. Add suspension and you'll pull a low 14.

$2000-3000 all up.
Not in the same ballpark as an sr20det in terms of bfyb, but all things considered it's not too much money for the fun.

yesiamaturk
01-12-2006, 11:29 PM
hey ye sorry about the not searching thing i havent been on forums for ages, point taken thanks for the no flaming

ryuhou
02-12-2006, 12:38 AM
get a type r ^^

civic_mods
03-12-2006, 02:20 AM
save a bit more for a type R,they well worth it
even keep the R in stock form,will give u heaps of fun

ginganggooly
04-12-2006, 08:12 AM
It's more than just a bit which separates a VTi-R from a Type-R in terms of price. The Type-R's are going anywhere from $8k-10k more than the vti-r's, depending on age/condition etc.