PDA

View Full Version : Seeking your views [ADL people please read]

A.G.System
01-12-2006, 02:18 AM
First of all this isn't meant to be a slag OzHonda off thread so please if you decide that the only reply that you can come up with is this kind please refrain from posting.

We want to keep this positive people.

In This (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56358) thread it kind of went from being a lets discuss small car sunday..... to why doesn't OzHonda enter these kind of events to well read the thread and see.

Anyhoo

The idea i was thinking was lets pool our ideas together and think of ways that we can promote OzHonda and help people that don't know about us learn something about the Adelaide Honda community.

Ways that have been discussed so far have been the usual car cruises and meet ups. That well lets face it either don't happen or people just cant make it, to people wanting to go but the thought of meeting up with strangers can be a little daunting.

One idea that was bantered about was that possibly we could start entering the local car shows and events as a group under the one banner.

Prelude Australia do it. Along with many others.

This would require a person to take charge of organizing these type of events. making sure that everyone has got their entry fees etc paid up in full before the event and everyone that is entering has passes etc.

Wyn or Ben this section goes to yourselves.
Have we as a community tried to do something like this in the past that you know of?
If so how did it work and do you believe that if we pooled our resources we could do something like this again?

There was talk about things like banners etc for shows such as Autosalon so people knew that we were from the same group.
This isn't too hard to arrange and would be minimal outlay esp if people on the forums all pull together. I'm sure that there are people out there that know someone thats a sign writer etc. It would just be a matter of storage and thats easy enough to arrange. Hell i have a shed that we could use for that if need be.

Other ideas that have been thrown out there are things like regular cruises.
Having an events coordinator that sets up the time and place once every month or every 2 months. We could even alternate monthly get togethers and cruises so that one month we can have a small BBQ or something and then the following month we can go for a cruise etc.

Forgive me if im rambling but its 2:44am.

Id like to hear others ideas for how this could work and if they have been involved in car clubs etc in the past what kind of hassles they have faced??

If the powers that be decide that this is all too much hassle at least we have put the idea out there.

But IF it takes off as an idea who's to say that it couldn't work for other states?

Come on guys (and girls) lets unite under the one banner and show these guys with their RWD smog machines that Hondas are still a recognized part of the local car scene even if they are FWD's.

Thoughts??

DSNTGR8
01-12-2006, 09:27 AM
i made my feelings more than clear on this in the other thread, 'the powers that be' on OzHonda need to have input in this because lets face it, it cant be done without thier support/help!!

Each state should have a specific leader/s who run the state events so we can all be united. I dont know if its purely just an SA problem, we've got a sizeable honda entourage in adelaide its just we struggle to be united due to internal factions.

I especially get ostracised because my car is 'rice' with vinyls/chromes etc etc. But at least i still attend all related honda events!!! (if work permits me to that is, lol) weve all got a passion for hondas, we need to join up under the ozhonda banner.

As i said in the other thread, im more than happy to be part of a SA based 'leadership group' if i was asked. Bearing in my mind i dont know that many people well off here. But i would be more than willing to be one of the chosen few to step up to the plate

But without the support of my fellow SA members & ozhonda's main people whats the point?

S92
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I reckon each state should have their own section... would be easier to organise stuff + /vote me for SA mod :P

DSNTGR8
01-12-2006, 01:07 PM
^^^ i already put foward the idea of sub sections for each state, was met with a resounding no

mr crex
01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
there are already 2 adelaide mods... John & Matt

I've always felt that state sections would be a plus, we have always had them in CRXAustralia and they work extremely well. But it has been discussed over and over in the site section and ozhonda just doesnt see fit having state sections due to the chance of over spamming etc... which shouldnt be a problem with sufficient mod control.

and I am sorry but I dont want to blow my own horn but the cruises/events myself, dave & team sahau have organised have been very successful with good turnouts...
the trick is to have a major event every 3months or so... have everything organised MONTHS in ADVANCE (not a fortnight prior) and have the cruise route and events for the day well planned and finalised in advance.

you could have monthly meets but the turnouts will be poor and become boring very quickly.

I quite like the idea of ozhonda representation at carshows, DEPENDING on what cars are on display... quality over quantity my friend ;)

coming from a photographers point of view... nothing worse then covering a car show that is full of boring cars that are either stock, poor quality or all look the same... like the recent small car sunday...

having said this, it all depends on OZHonda's admin, its upto them if they wish for people to advertise them at car shows etc. and which people do it... OZHonda wouldnt want to get a bad name if the wrong people are advertising them (hoons, idiots & trouble makers etc)

I think until the admin of ozhonda have expressed their views on the subjects at hand everyone should relax and not get overly excited.

A.G.System
01-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Some good ideas are being brought up here guys.

Liking the fact that we are getting some input from different angles (ie MrCrex)

Keen to hear other views.

DSNTGR8
01-12-2006, 01:44 PM
theres more than enough owners in SA to make a monthly meet successful i dont think it would get boring or anything like that. Look at the track record of the meets weve had, theres at least 30 cars there which is more then decent for a meet. We all have the same passion here that being that we're hondas drivers.

Every other major car club in sa has banners and all that stuff, we've got just as much members as they have so we should be united. Look at all the car shows recently, it looks like we dont want to be grouped together. Im all for being an individual instead of a sheep, but we need to come together.

Thiers at least several very passionate people who feel the same way in the wrong direction were going in sa, so we could well organise a commitee to oversea this.

mods of ozhonda have been pmd/emailed over this, waiting for thier response

(should get on a christmas cruise)

dundas
02-12-2006, 12:30 AM
i dunno about a christmas cruise.. thats a little dangerous. Many cops. High defect rate...More cars on the road. mmmz.. need to find days where people are free too. Many people require months notice due to work commitments etc.

CTR Coupe
02-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Like Steve said. monthly/weekly meets have been discussed since the good old CRX Australia days with Sam. but the fact of the matter is that if its every month people go “ummm errrr nahh ill go next month” etc.
When Steve/ Sauhu guys organise a meet people go “far out haven’t been on a cruise in ages better go this could be the last one for a while” etc it always insures a good turn out.

we don’t really have enough people to organise a weekly meet like they do in syd and expect a good turn out every Friday night(plus I don’t really want to be cruising on a Friday night too many wankers/cops/defects out).

A lot of people work the weekends and need notice if they want to be able to organise time off.

If anything id like to see a cruise/meet on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night rather than a weekend. Just to avoid the rest of the wankers on the road out to prove something.
However this defeats the purpose that “some” people cruise for in the first place to be seen.

Another point id like to make while we’re on the topic of cruises.
Hills cruises I really don’t think you guys should be planing open hills cruises. They are always recipe for disaster (see NS for examples). Inexperienced people trying to drive above their ability and their cars ability to keep up with the rest of the group. Id rather see these organised in small groups with guys that know their limits and are all around the same level.

The other thing I don’t like that’s been happening on the last few cruises. Everyone not staying as a group. Its not a freakin race to the checkpoint. Everyone seems to treat it as a cannonball run or something. If people get left behind at the traffic lights the lead cars should pull over and wait. Not just burn off and stand around alone for 20mins waiting for everyone else. This is where good cruise planning comes in and avoiding right hand turns at traffic lights.

Muzz
02-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Great thread here A.G.system, i think the problem of not doing it in state/regional chapters (i mean having different orginisers for different areas), is that the orginisers wouldnt be able to attend alot of the meets that they orginise if we only have a pair of orginisers trying to orginise events across australia.
Say there based in adelaide, they wont be attending the actual cruise there orginising on the gold coast or whatever.

IMO, we need to appoint mods for each area, to plan the events for that area. i feel it wouldnt work as well if the event was planned, and all the people rocked up with no one sort of leading the cruise and keeping it orgainised, somone that they could put their thoughts and ideas to, somone to hand out information on that nights cruise.

Also it would be good if we wanted to enter into a car show, the event orginisers for that region, would acctualy know the members for that region, and appoint the stand out cars, and they would also know the owners of the cars that they decide to enter, because i agree, that we dont want hoons/idiots representing us in the public eye.

And i also believe, that anymore than 1 meet per 2 months would be detrimental, say like the first friday (or whatever) of every second month. That way people would be able to plan it in with there life, however far in advance they need to. Having the spacing between each meet would ensure a huge turnout, and give the orginisers plenty of time to really orginise the night and come up with cool ideas like photo shoots/scenic drives/ barbecues etc.

Making the meets official and regular, would be a great idea, get the members interacting, and making ozhonda more of a club, instead of only a forum.
As somone posted that the idea of seperate areas was previously brought up & met with a no, what was the reason behind this, why do you guys feel doing it like this would be worse off? if thats your opionion.

aaronng
02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't really get what's the bickering. You guys are complaining that you don't have regular meets or cruises. Just organise them! Us in Sydney have been having weekly Friday night meets and then cruise to dinner. We even have a Christmas meet planned up in 2 weekends. If you guys want more meets and cruises, just organise them.

With regards to an Ozhonda banner for shows, that would be up to Ben and Wynode.

wynode
03-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Just read that thread linked to......absolute joke!

In regards to organising regular meetups I don't see how that is upto admins/moderators. I see the responsibility being on members to organise things AND to attend. I see the Syd and Melb users organise plenty of events and meetup quite regularly.

I'm not sure how having state specific sections will help encourage people to come out and organise events but if we can see some good points as to how it will help things we're open to suggestions.

Inregards to having an Ozhonda banner and so on at car shows I'd have to agree with what Steve (mr crex) said above. It takes time and effort by the organisers and basiclly it's putting Ozhonda's name up there so we need some way of screening the quality of car/entrants.

I'm all up for supporting the community and helping events happen, it's just that what alot of people don't realise is that it is upto the members to organise things.

A.G.System
03-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the reply wyn.

Think that what you were saying that its up to the members to organize things is true. Kinda why we were looking into this so that someone can start to take charge of Major cruises etc for events.

Think that with the car show side of things it will take a lot of organizing to make sure that everything is up to a standard that people are happy with.
Also believe that if done properly could mean that we get more representation out there that could benefit OzHonda.

On the state specific idea. Believe that it is a good idea so that we can see what is happening in each state easier. Problem atm is that once a thread drops to page 2 most people don't bother to check there and it goes unnoticed.

If we were able to have a state by state events listing we would be able to keep better track of what is happening locally and keep on top of things. (reflections threads could still be like they are atm because lats face it the event is over)

If others can come up with more ideas along these lines please add them here everyone's opinion counts.

DSNTGR8
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
someone organise the next cruise/meet up

wynode
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
If others can come up with more ideas along these lines please add them here everyone's opinion counts.

Agreed!

The reason for not splitting up into different states I've said a few times before. When I have time (in a rush atm) I'll post a few links as to the reasons we are/were against it (haven't got time to type it up just yet!).

mr crex
03-12-2006, 11:14 PM

why dont you? its not that hard, and you seem to want one so badly.

Q_ball
03-12-2006, 11:33 PM

I dont mean to single u out DSNTGR8, as this is not my intention,
But what u typed there, is the mentality taken by the majority of ppl wanting more events and meetups to take place, and let me tell you, its the wrong one!

Ppl are always wanting things to be done for them,
As mentioned above, if you want a cruise, organise it yourself!
Dont blame the admin/mods that there are not enough regular meets as this is up to the members to arrange.

I hate to bring it back up, but the National Meet that was attempted by myself about 5-6months back.
It was organised for late November, so members had plenty of time to arrange for leave off work etc.
The EOI for the event was unreal, however when it came down to the crunch, and deposits were to be made, the members failed to respond.

The National Meet has been attempted 2x, both crashin out due to members not sticking true to their word.

Jst to elaborate, organising special and unique Ozhonda events have been attempted by several members here, across Australia.
If you want something, make it happen yourself, do your part.
Dont jst sit there and wish for someone to take the pilot seat all the time.

eG_YoDa
03-12-2006, 11:40 PM
i think, that if you want to cruise and do something ORGANISE IT
theres no need for one main person to organise the cruises, over time their efforts will go unappreciated
also as some of you might know, adelaide isn't exactly the biggest place in aus, so there are only a limited number of places that u can actually go without making it a morning to night thing, so organising one every month or one every week for that matter you will soon find out that theres no where to go.

to conclude, if you want to cruise ORGANISE IT YOURSELF!!
other then one other person organising a cruise (which turned out all wrong but nice try =P)it has always been steve, sahau and myself. So quit ur yapping, get off ur comp and think of some places we can go and things to do

DSNTGR8
04-12-2006, 09:18 AM
i said i was more than willing to help, im not trying to shirk from any responsibillities!!

ProECU
04-12-2006, 11:08 AM
I think you've all gotten ahead of yourselves in the sence that the argument initially was that OzHonda was to play role of "sponsor" rather than organisor, well that was my point in the other thread before it turned ugly.

ie, I am in agreance, cruises etc should be organised locally, although it appears there is so much hostility between individuals (i'm guilty here as well) that I doubt that this will ever gain momentum... but if it ever does...then...

It really comes down to this:

1. What is the OzHonda brand/forum's goal/purpose. ie Does it have a vision as to what it would like to achieve long term? Something similar to a mission statement. (It honestly appears that OzHonda is at a standstill/cross road currently - hence my lack of direction comment in the other thread, and a source of frustration, but thats another story for another thread.)

2. Does the community goal then tie into OzH's vision? If yes, what can be done mutually to move the National effort forward?

3. If NO, then alternatives need to be considered, such as a network of state based car clubs, all rolling up into a parent. This structure will oversee and vote on allocation of funds and organise the National meets etc)

These were my initial thoughts for which I was attacked for (perhaps I should've ellaborated, but sometimes I just can't be bothered as the mentality of the school kids that pass through here leaves much to be desired)

Thats my piece..flame away.

eG_YoDa
05-12-2006, 03:05 AM
I think you've all gotten ahead of yourselves in the sence that the argument initially was that OzHonda was to play role of "sponsor" rather than organisor, well that was my point in the other thread before it turned ugly.

ie, I am in agreance, cruises etc should be organised locally, although it appears there is so much hostility between individuals (i'm guilty here as well) that I doubt that this will ever gain momentum... but if it ever does...then...

1. What is the OzHonda brand/forum's goal/purpose. ie Does it have a vision as to what it would like to achieve long term? Something similar to a mission statement. (It honestly appears that OzHonda is at a standstill/cross road currently - hence my lack of direction comment in the other thread, and a source of frustration, but thats another story for another thread.)

2. Does the community goal then tie into OzH's vision? If yes, what can be done mutually to move the National effort forward?

3. If NO, then alternatives need to be considered, such as a network of state based car clubs, all rolling up into a parent. This structure will oversee and vote on allocation of funds and organise the National meets etc)

These were my initial thoughts for which I was attacked for (perhaps I should've ellaborated, but sometimes I just can't be bothered as the mentality of the school kids that pass through here leaves much to be desired)

Thats my piece..flame away.

~FLAMED~
haha
:p

Brash22
05-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Just been sitting back and waiting for this one to unfold, so now I feel it's time I reply with my opinions.

Seperate state sections would be a great help, because I usually miss OH [SA] events due to them being lost in a sea of SYD and MELB posts in the upcoming events areas.

Organising cruises shouldn't be left up to moderators only. If someone wants to cruise to say the bay for a photoshoot, then put out an EOI for a date, then once people are in finallise details, then have an absolute ball on the event.

I believe that OH should probably be involved in events like Small Car Sunday, it gets the name in front of the average punters. In that crowd we potentially have:
Modified Honda owners
People planning Honda projects but don't know where to start
People considering Hondas as a vehicle
All of which would find OH a valuable resource, and if they wanna learn and chat to people who've been there and done it, they'll be a valuable addition to the site.

One of the things that I was tentative about buying my Lude was what seemed like a total lack of aftermarket support. In the end, it didn't stop me, then after purchasing I stumbled across PA an OH, both of which have been a terrific source of info, and an opportunity to meet likeminded people, because I get so sick of non-Honda people giving me shit, despite my car being faster and louder than theirs. But that's not a conversation for here I don't think.

Look around when you drive around town. You see a hundred cars with NS stickers on, hundreds with all the Commodore and Falcon clubs, but the only place I've seen OH stickers in on OH meets. The name isn't out there, and admittadly, I only came across OH through a member saying something on PA.

I agree with what ProECU said about the school kids who pass through, who drag down my opinion of the human race. These kids who obviously have nothing better to do should just be ignored and hopefully they'll just go away.

As the needs/wants of OH members change, so should the community. If a couple of revisions to the forums would help, then I think that's what should be done for the good of the site/community.

SO that's where I sit on the fence. Any more opinions?

DSNTGR8
05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
its more than apparents that thier should be state specific threads as everythings jumbled. But mods have already made thier feelings known on this before (and even in this thread)

vtek
05-12-2006, 04:32 PM
The problem with normal cruises is that it is just a cruise where we just drive around wasting petrol. People are reluctant to attend unless they the usual people who attend or people who are bord shitless and have absolutely nothing better to do. This is the main contributor of a bad turn out. The idea is to create a cruise where it encourages people to want to go and not go for the sake of it. The way to do this to to have a well planned cruise thats new, exciting and different.

RyDC5S
05-12-2006, 04:50 PM
I think you guys should have a presence (even if its a small one) in any car meet, not just Honda ones to promote awareness for OZH.

Adelaide has a sizable OZH contingent already.

Brash22
05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
VTEK has hit the nail on the head. While going on cruises is fun, there needs to be a point, be it going to some place for a feed, photoshoot or whatever, there needs to be a point to the meet, other than just catching up with mates.

ProECU
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I think you guys should have a presence (even if its a small one) in any car meet, not just Honda ones to promote awareness for OZH.

I dont get it, why would we want to do this, considering OzH doesn't want a bar of it...??

Has anyone read, let alone understood my post ?

<bangs head on wall>

wynode
05-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Can the OP elaborate as to what he/she was bringing up?

Ie
1. Talking about organising meets/cruises via OH; or
2. Organising events/people to take part in events external to OH

I've noted what you said above however thought I should also add that some of your comments are just that......comments that a school kid would make. Only have to look at some of your previous posts to see that.

A.G.System
06-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Think that the first thing that i was trying to get a vibe for from the community was.....

Do they feel that we have a good presence at car shows atm and if not what do they think we can do as a whole to improve this?

Would having a better set up for finding out about local cruises and events encourage people to attend these events more?

Do you believe that using the OzHonda banner at car shows is a good thing?
If so or not how would you want this to be used to promote you the community.

If you have any ideas on how we can change the way we are represented as a state on OzHonda to make it a better experience for you.

Also remember that if OzHonda was to add advertising to the site specific to tuners. More people coming to the site would be beneficial to everyone. Thanks to the revenue.

Hope that covers your questions Wyn.

mr crex
06-12-2006, 12:26 AM
the thing people are forgetting when it comes to car shows is this...

OZHonda is a Forum... not a car club... the difference between OZHonda and say NS.Com & EVO/GSR Club is they have a club affiliation and have are CAMS Licenced Clubs which covers them in the event of something happening and people try to make them liable etc. etc.

OZHonda however is not CAMS Licenced (that I know of) and would be weary of being advertised etc. at shows and cruises for the fact that they do not want to be held responsible for misfortunes (such as the last cruise organised via members of OZHonda)

I personally dont see why the people here wanting something done about a honda prescence at car shows and more regular cruises etc. dont just organise their own HONDA CAR CLUB?... it isnt too hard if the right people are at the helm... trust me.

and as far as advertising OZHonda... I'd suspect OZHonda gets the majority of its new members via word of mouth from other members... its not hard to open your mouth at a car show or driving around or whatever and tell people about OZHonda and give them the link...

Q_ball
06-12-2006, 12:41 AM

OZHonda is a Forum... not a car club...

Correct.

Muzz
06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
they do not want to be held responsible for misfortunes (such as the last cruise organised via members of OZHonda)

Do u mind me asking what happend?

Q_ball
06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Do u mind me asking what happend?

Basically an accident happened between a few of the members that attended this cruise.

DSNTGR8
06-12-2006, 11:53 AM
How would OzHonda feel though if at future car shows we were to use and ozhonda banner or something similar to promote us as a 'group'? Wouldnt this be beneficial as it gets the ozhonda name out there for people who havent really heard of that brand before?

As mentioned earlier i still feel state sub sections would be a good idea, if they were 'policed' properly by elected mods.

eG_YoDa
06-12-2006, 12:32 PM
is it me or does this thread seem to be going round and round in circles??????

ProECU
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
from last page...

So this thread is really going to be pointless unless point1 above is given some attention by the moderators or Wyn or whomever owns this forum.
As for the childish comments Wyn, thats a fair comment, but there comes a point where priorities change in peoples lives, Both you as a moderator and me as a member. I'm sooo over this forum its not funny. I read the technical section, only to see questions on... Oh my sump is dented, and trivial questions that can be answered just by opening up the damn Honda manual and READING for goodness sake. It's soo frustrating and painful, believe it or not, its a source of frustration for a LOT of members.

This however doesn't mean I dont want to help assist the exposure of the honda community.

Fact is: I've always called a spade a spade, now with my motivation shifting away from this place, I have even more reason to, and i'll stick my neck out and say the following:

It appears this place has turned into a database of DIY's aimed aimed at showcasing peoples prowess around an engine bay, and database of Traders, so that they can gain financial benefit from the exposure/recognition it brings. Ok it helps members, but it's nothing they cant get from the Honda Manual.
There are only a handful of knowledgeable people here who in fact do not have an expectation of gain and contribute with no strings attached. I commend those individuals (small pat on back for myself :))
(you know what i'm getting at here)

In my view, direction needs to be given from the top, ie you. What is this forum all about? Where do you envisage this forum in the short term & long term future?
Credit to the people here who continue to push boundaries, but without the guidance of OzH, I believe their efforts are in vein.
Clear example... event organisers such as Steve & Dave whom have organised cruises in the past appear to have lost motivation to do so again....why?

Why?.... becuase there is no point. Without a goal or purpose it gets repetitive, boring, just another cruise...etc.

See where i'm going? I think the answer is just a simple statement from the owner of this site. Does it want to increase its committment to its members and also to the wider Honda community, or is it happy to just exist as is. The answer isn't as important as the theme it gives.

I expect the answer is "just as is" because it's a lot easier and much less work involved.

So, i'll make 1 last point.

You & your team are in a unique position. With this site, you have the means and potential to create a unprecedented presence within Australia and shape what the Honda community can achieve in the future. The potential to control a particular destiny is probably to greatest oportunity one can hold. This site holds that potential, the real question is... what will you & your team do with it for the greater good of it's members, not only its moderators ;) ?

DSNTGR8
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
^^^ that was a nice write up, a couple of things i dont agree on but the majority with it i fully support

ProECU
06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
well, you should voice your opinion on those disagreances.

Q_ball
06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Voices from above correct me if im wrong in saying this,
But this is the way i see things:

We'd like to see Ozhonda expand, in that we'd like to be associated with more car shows (not cruises, but actual properly organised shows) where there is little to no chance for a group of hooning idiots to surface and taint Ozhonda's name.

I believe that in the interim, the forum is to stand as is.
As much as we'd like to expand, the amount of work, especially legality coverups required to expand Ozhonda into some sort of official club is a bit too much work for anyone to handle at the moment.
We all either study full time, or work full time.

Maybe when things free up a bit, someone will take the reigns and step things up a bit.

ProECU
06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
perfectly reasonable response.

wynode
06-12-2006, 08:25 PM

OZHonda is a Forum... not a car club... the difference between OZHonda and say NS.Com & EVO/GSR Club is they have a club affiliation and have are CAMS Licenced Clubs which covers them in the event of something happening and people try to make them liable etc. etc.

OZHonda however is not CAMS Licenced (that I know of) and would be weary of being advertised etc. at shows and cruises for the fact that they do not want to be held responsible for misfortunes (such as the last cruise organised via members of OZHonda)

I personally dont see why the people here wanting something done about a honda prescence at car shows and more regular cruises etc. dont just organise their own HONDA CAR CLUB?... it isnt too hard if the right people are at the helm... trust me.

and as far as advertising OZHonda... I'd suspect OZHonda gets the majority of its new members via word of mouth from other members... its not hard to open your mouth at a car show or driving around or whatever and tell people about OZHonda and give them the link...
Agree to that 100%.

What a lot of people have to realise is that Ozhonda is a forum and it is not a club nor is it CAMS affiliated. We also don't sponsor or allow any official events under the "Ozhonda" name because then we would be liable.

That said I do support the HCCNSW and all other Honda car clubs and am willing to promote their events if it benefits their members. I used to goto HCCNSW meetings up until I left and I made this clear to them.

EDIT: Just moved this to the Site discussion forum so that it won't get pruned when we cleanup the lounge :)

Pogi
06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
You & your team are in a unique position. With this site, you have the means and potential to create a unprecedented presence within Australia and shape what the Honda community can achieve in the future. The potential to control a particular destiny is probably to greatest oportunity one can hold. This site holds that potential, the real question is... what will you & your team do with it for the greater good of it's members, not only its moderators ;) ?

You fail to see that you are member, thus making you part of this forum, part of the team in that unique position, with the potential to create an unprecedented presence within Australia.

This site's pros and cons is its members, the members are the potential, anyone here can make a small wave and achieve more than they have hoped.

You've got the power.

*insert You've got the touch - Transformers The Movie*

yfin
06-12-2006, 10:38 PM
It appears this place has turned into a database of DIY's aimed aimed at showcasing peoples prowess around an engine bay, and database of Traders, so that they can gain financial benefit from the exposure/recognition it brings. Ok it helps members, but it's nothing they cant get from the Honda Manual.
There are only a handful of knowledgeable people here who in fact do not have an expectation of gain and contribute with no strings attached. I commend those individuals (small pat on back for myself :))
(you know what i'm getting at here)

I read your analysis in this para with interest but think you have glossed over what is really important. There is so much more to this forum than what you can find in a Honda manual. How about connecting people in the Honda community? Whether or not intended, it appears implicit in your post that this site should be eternally grateful to the "knowledgeable people" (including your self proclaimed nomination) without regard to the different qualities within the membership base. Not everyone needs to be a tuner. Not everyone needs to be a mechanic. This site needs people from all walks of life, noobs, experts, whatever. If you think technically exacting posts by "knowledgeable people" are all that is necessary for this forum to succeed you really have a strange slant on what is best for the Honda "community".

ProECU
06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I read your analysis in this para with interest but think you have glossed over what is really important. There is so much more to this forum than what you can find in a Honda manual. How about connecting people in the Honda community? Whether or not intended, it appears implicit in your post that this site should be eternally grateful to the "knowledgeable people" (including your self proclaimed nomination) without regard to the different qualities within the membership base. Not everyone needs to be a tuner. Not everyone needs to be a mechanic. This site needs people from all walks of life, noobs, experts, whatever. If you think technically exacting posts by "knowledgeable people" are all that is necessary for this forum to succeed you really have a strange slant on what is best for the Honda "community".

yeah ok man, you're right, I have skewed opinion, and I aparently have it all the time.

A.G.System
06-12-2006, 11:25 PM
My skewed opinion was one that made me believe that people in Adelaide and OzHonda as a whole may want to have some form of direction.

Currently it seems as though a lot of people are taking the too hard/ really just cant be ass'd approach.

All i was hoping from the original post was to see what sort of direction people wanted to take and if things like 3rd party car clubs were needing to be formed what OzH's stand on this.

Think that if someone else wants to take over this discussion from now on then by all means please do so.

Think im going to go buy a 180SX :P

DSNTGR8
07-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Think im going to go buy a 180SX :P

like the rest of the 'sheep' in adelaide? lol

The next recognised 'car show' is not for several months so we have an ample amount of time to organise whatever needs to be organised. The planning and preparing stage could take that amount of time since basically we are starting from scratch.

Its time to get the ball rolling in person, lets get a meet up between a few of us to start working on something. Drop me a PM!!!

ProECU
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
like the rest of the 'sheep' in adelaide? lol

They're already members here...