PDA

View Full Version : Firewalls

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
02-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey,
Im still installing my stereo and ive hit another wall, a firewall to be precise. I have a 94 accord exi. There is a plug in the firewall but i cant find the cable (power for amp) when i feed it through, it is blocked by other shit. So what im thinking is, driling my own hole, from cabin to engine bay...Has anyone delt with this before? thanks...

CJL
02-06-2004, 08:17 PM
If u cant find another hole to put it through. Just slap another hole in dont go over the top and make it huge......:P

wynode
02-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Its probably stuck behind the sound proofing / insulation.

A'PEXi
02-06-2004, 09:20 PM
just poke a new hole in the existing firewall rubber, get a friend to try help you locate it while you poke it thru the exisitng one.... youll get there eventually :P

toE
02-06-2004, 11:12 PM
werd! there shld just be a rubber grommet/plug covering the hole wif cables running thru. if i can remember, i think i just cut a small "x" and push my cable thru and it worked. cant remember.

SIKCVC
03-06-2004, 12:00 AM
I know with my car (civic :P) Its easier to locate the wire if i take the glove mox out, the temprature unit is still in the way but it makes life easier when you get under the panel.

madgrk
03-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Put a coathanger through to make a hole through any insulation you have, then run your cable along that. Makes installing power cables a LOT easier :)

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
03-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Yeah, ive taken the glove box out and all that. Ive cut a hole in the insulation and fed the cable throuh the hole. But it doesnt come down into the footwells because it is being blocked by power boxes etc. Im leaning towards drilling my own hole...

SIKCVC
03-06-2004, 02:27 PM
powerbox? ECU maybe?

all my cables run under the carpet on the floor past the ECU, then along the sides.

poid
03-06-2004, 03:23 PM
run it through the main loom on the drivers side, behind the fuse box in the engine bay. Much, much easier! you might have to cut a slit in the rubber there, but its not hard at all to get it through there. Just undo the fuse box and shift it to one side so you can see a little better.

I looked at that grommet that you are trying and decided it wasnt gonna happen.

This way just run it through there, down past the boot release and long the side of the car into the boot

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
03-06-2004, 08:58 PM
ahh k ill try that tomorrow after school, ill let you know how it goes :D

toE
04-06-2004, 01:27 AM
lol.. din realise you were talking on the passengers side. yer...definitely on the drivers side. besides, from the driver's side, it comes out to just behind the fuse box, and closer to the battery too. :)

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
04-06-2004, 07:07 PM
hey guys, thanks heaps for your input, the operation was a complete sucess....cheers everyone