PDA

View Full Version : Sato says "Rubens' the only 'amateur'"

LUD02C
02-06-2004, 08:13 PM
From F1-Live.com

Rubens Barrichello's was the only 'amateur' driving.

A defiant Takuma Sato said the Ferrari ace, who lashed out at BAR's youngster after a racing clash last Sunday, should have 'looked into his mirrors.'

"I had fresh tyres," said the Japanese, "and a lot of grip."

"The car was so nice. He never looked. I guess it was unlucky."

Sato is maintaining his reputation as a 'crasher' - the tag he picked up as a rookie two years ago when he piled up a huge damage bill for Eddie Jordan.

BAR chief David Richards laughed at the theme in Germany.

"We have a board that shows whose cards Taku has marked," he told the Independent. "I'm sure Rubens will have a good look before turning in now."

On some other news!

Kimi Raikkonen gave a cautious welcome to the MP4-19B - the car McLaren are hoping will revive their fortunes after scraping together just five points from the first seven Grand Prix.

The MP4-19B made its first appearance in testing at Silverstone on Tuesday with Raikkonen finishing second to Renault's Fernando Alonso.

The Finn said: "The car appears to be a step in the right direction, but it is too early to say any more."

It is expected to make its race debut next month.

The car boasts a new chassis and revamped aerodynamics as McLaren struggle to fight their way back into form. At the Monaco Grand Prix last month McLaren technical director Adrian Newey said: "It's not a new car, it's an updated car so virtually all the mechanical parts are the same but from the bodywork perspective it's heavily updated and that involves some changes to the chassis."

The Mercedes-backed McLaren team had another chastening experience in Sunday's European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring with both Raikkonen and David Coulthard having to retire with engine failure. Raikkonen, who finished second to Michael Schumacher in the championship for McLaren last season, has collected one point while Coulthard's best finish of the year - his last with the team - came in March when he claimed sixth in Malaysia.

Now Niki Lauda says this:

Own up to your own mistakes, Juan Pablo Montoya.

That's the advice of straight-talking F1 commentator and triple world champion Niki Lauda, who said shunts in Monaco and Nurburgring were the Colombian's fault.

"First, he thought it was Michael's fault," said the Austrian.

Montoya, a lap down in his Williams, crashed into the rear of Schumacher's race-leading Ferrari while the German warmed up his brakes behind the Safety Car.

Then, in Germany, Juan said a shunt with Ralf Schumacher was 'Panis'' fault.'

But Lauda said: "If you always think it's the other guy, you'll just continue."

"Look at Michael. Juan thinks he's the best guy but who's winning everything? It's not just a co-incidence - Schumacher just doesn't crash into everyone."

Just some updates on whats happening in the F1 World ;)

VTEC16
02-06-2004, 11:52 PM
sato is a fool

Javed
03-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Sato is the man! W00000! His move was stupid yes, if he had just held out 2nd would have been his :( As for moncao, i purely believe that was schumachers fault, he just slammed on the brakes outa no where. And even if montoya was too close behind shouldnt the number 1 driver in the world check his mirrors before depressing that brake pedal? YEah i think so too! hehe

bigteethygrin
03-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Sato had to make the move then as is tyres were fresh enough to be faster than rubens. Anymore laps after and theres no way he could make it. Pity about the execution was all.

Jus-10
03-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Montoya sucks-arse..he's a fag who never lives up to the hype he builds for himself.

Yeah I'm sure Michael just forgot to look in his mirror...just like he has accidently won 6 world champs and 6 from 7 races this year. Whether you like him or not, you have to respect that he probably knows what he's doing.

Montoya was probably just so excited that he was that close to Schumey that he forgot what he was doing.

Sounds like Sato has trouble containing his excitement also....

2ds
21-06-2004, 01:55 AM
you guys make them sounds like a bunch of teenages with premature ejaculation problems who have just snuck into a strip show to see shuey

-2ds