PDA

View Full Version : Loud Click sound when turning hard

Entity
02-12-2006, 10:49 AM
whenever i turn left hard or turn the stearing wheel all the way during driving or even doing a u-turn i hear this loud click like something is snapping into place in the front left wheel well...

it sounds pretty bad but it doesnt happen constantly.. maybe only a few times a day and i can't reproduce it consistently so i can't bring it to the dealer and get them to fix it.. maybe ill bring it up next time and see what they say

trust honda they will blame me coz i changed my wheels but the problem was there even when i had stockies.

EuroDude
02-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Doubt its the CV joint yet unless you use power steering a lot when the car is stationary.

Could be a loose suspension component.

Or maybe your aftermarket wheels were rubbing against the plastic lining and dislodged something, causing even the stock wheels to touch the loose lining now.

destrukshn
02-12-2006, 11:32 AM
euroDUD.
lol.
hahaha.
sorry.
take off your wheels, put on stockies, go to a honda dealer and get them to fix it under warranty.

EuroDude
02-12-2006, 11:43 AM
funnikient JT :p

Actually it sounds like he would have sold the stockies already. Is that right Entity?

Entity
02-12-2006, 11:09 PM
no, only put the new rims on last night, its irrelevant because the problem was there with the stockies for a while but i never bothered to fix it..

it could be a loose suspension component, but its getting louder and sounds quite serious.. i might put the stockies on and take it into the dealership.

ZEi20T
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
could be a CV. but it also could be a tie rod end.

Spicey
03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Brake caliper slide pins, CV joint, Inner guard.

What sort of car u got??