PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually running DC2 coilovers on a ED or EF CRX?

Dxs
02-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Talk is cheap..
If i wanted to run DC2R Coilovers on my EF8 CRX
I would need DC2R front forks and rear lca's.. and that's it?

Has anyone actually done this? Any problems?

Do the front drive shafts clear fine all the time, no rubbing?

Do you have to adjust the height on the fronts due to the fork change? Make them a lower?

etc.. just want feedback from people who have the same setup

panda[cRx]
02-12-2006, 12:50 PM
i'm pretty sure phil (spoon) is/was running teins to suit eg/dc but i'm not 100% sure

having said that there are still some decent options available for ed/ef. i've got some eibach adjustable coilovers on their way from the states

czy_sol87
02-12-2006, 12:59 PM
im not sure, cause the guy before us put them in, but my bro has koni coilovers setup on his ed crx, we have the rear lca from what looks like a ITR and it also has front forks
and to answer ur question, there are no problems with clearance no rubbing at all
but when we lower it all the way, the lowest point on the car is about 80-90mm off the ground

z3lda
02-12-2006, 01:53 PM
90-90mm off the ground is pretty crap if thats the lowest it can go.

CRXer
02-12-2006, 03:43 PM
The forks are the same height.

DC2 rlca's are slightly longer,expect some extra camber or use the DC2 uca as well to correct it,or find some crx '88 rlca's,they will take the DC2R shocks.

Kawasaki
02-12-2006, 07:14 PM
why would you even bother running dc2 coilovers on an ef8? just buy some coilovers for an ef8

czy_sol87
02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
why would you even bother running dc2 coilovers on an ef8? just buy some coilovers for an ef8

wish it was as simple as that, ed and ef crx parts are near impossible to find

Dxs
02-12-2006, 09:35 PM

Ef8 used coilovers are hard to find
Dc2r used coilovers are much easier to find
More support for dc2r (as in more companies make coilovers for dc2r than ef8)
Easier and cheaper to get harder spring rated coilovers for dc2r
Seems easy to get dc2r coilovers to workBut i will probably end up going for some new ef stuff sent from JP.. but i might as well investigate all my options. If I had some ignorant mind set i would do 0 research and goto pedders and get them to set me up with some shit.

Snoop_gee
02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
;994798']
having said that there are still some decent options available for ed/ef. i've got some eibach adjustable coilovers on their way from the states
mwahahahah :D :thumbsup:

egSi
04-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Ef8 used coilovers are hard to find
Dc2r used coilovers are much easier to find
More support for dc2r (as in more companies make coilovers for dc2r than ef8)
Easier and cheaper to get harder spring rated coilovers for dc2r
Seems easy to get dc2r coilovers to workBut i will probably end up going for some new ef stuff sent from JP.. but i might as well investigate all my options. If I had some ignorant mind set i would do 0 research and goto pedders and get them to set me up with some shit.

lol sounds good. Ksport make EF coilovers :p

jords
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
It can and has been done, I did it with my friends CRX. Change the forks and you need to grind about 2mm off the back shocks. Fits well, and is much cheaper.