PDA

View Full Version : Drilled holes, need sealers...

TypeRice
02-12-2006, 05:18 PM
hey i got some holes drilled in my car.. to fit a spoiler on it..

i heard i need to get sealers .. otherwise rain water can get its way into the holes through the gap between the spoiler and the boot..and eventually rust my screws and boot..

n e help would be great such as where to buy seals from.. and more what do they look like,. is it rubber or other material? etc

thanks

tRipitaka
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
clark rubber

EK4R
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
yea man clark rubber, measure the hole size and get some rubber. or get plastic caps which you can paint (rubber u cant paint) and color code your car.

or just get white PVC tape and stick over it for temp fix

aimre
02-12-2006, 11:30 PM
yea man clark rubber, measure the hole size and get some rubber. or get plastic caps which you can paint (rubber u cant paint) and color code your car.

or just get white PVC tape and stick over it for temp fix

He wants a spoiler ON his car. Doesnt just want to fill the gaps.

Didnt your spoiler come with a rubber piece to fit between you boot and spoiler.?

If not go to clark rubber with your spoiler, and they'll mark out the shape of the spoilers stands and cat u up some rubber for in between

aaronng
02-12-2006, 11:34 PM
I'd fit the spoiler on, and on the underside, seal it up with non-acid curing silicone sealant. Don't use urethane sealant as it is difficult to remove. Silicone is much easier to remove when you decide to remove the spoiler in the future.

TypeRice
08-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I'd fit the spoiler on, and on the underside, seal it up with non-acid curing silicone sealant. Don't use urethane sealant as it is difficult to remove. Silicone is much easier to remove when you decide to remove the spoiler in the future.

hey do you know if putting glue around the edges of the screws would be enough to prevent water from getting in?

mrwillz
08-12-2006, 10:28 PM
type rice
i'd put the filler aruond the gaps of the spoiler and boot. not only it'll look a bit better but id rather the water not get into the area where the screw is
catch my drift?

EuroDude
08-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Grab yourself some Liquid Rust Converter from an auto shop.

It converts the rust into a hard glossy waterproof substance. If there isn't any rust yet, then you can still apply this stuff to protect it from rust.

Should work a treat in ur situation

aimre
09-12-2006, 10:19 PM
If theres no rubber, the spoiler with rub your paint off everytime your boot moves ( IE Subwoofers, Boot shutting, etc)