PDA

View Full Version : Removing B16a Head

TEGNO1
02-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi can anyone provide info on how to remove B16A head, my car is off the road and need to take head to get serviced and gear put on, I have tried searching and nothing.....or provide a link, thanks.

Mr_will
02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
service manual?

BlitZ
02-12-2006, 07:40 PM
As per above get a service manual

remove headers, remove plugs, remove rocker cover, remove timing side plastic covers, remove timing belt,

Remove the cam plates and cam caps that hold the cams down,
remove head bolts.. thats it

+ a few steps in b/w

its quiet easy... provided you have a manual handy.. the service manual is excellent for this purpose

kyle
02-12-2006, 10:30 PM
be sure to untighten the bolts in the specific sequence snd only little bits at a time, as to the service manual. If you dont you could risk warping your head.

Also make sure the engine has completley coolod down.

TEGNO1
02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks i found a service manual, i was searching for head removal not service manuals. One quick question:do you have to remove cams, later.

JDM96R
30-12-2006, 12:03 PM
As per above get a service manual

remove headers, remove plugs, remove rocker cover, remove timing side plastic covers, remove timing belt,

Remove the cam plates and cam caps that hold the cams down,
remove head bolts.. thats it

+ a few steps in b/w

its quiet easy... provided you have a manual handy.. the service manual is excellent for this purpose

Timing belt????? Is that just another name for the cam belt??
Cheers

string
27-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks i found a service manual, i was searching for head removal not service manuals. One quick question:do you have to remove cams, later.
You have to remove the cams to get to the head-bolts.

EG5[KRT]
27-02-2007, 10:58 PM
prob best to remove intake manifold as well..

string
27-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Not really required. It's pretty tricky to get off while in the car and doesn't really add much to taking the head off, it's a negligible weight really; it actually gives you a good spot to hold onto. You just have to make sure you get the bolts which hold it to the block, otherwise you'll have a surprise when you go to pull the head off when the head-bolts are out.

ECU-MAN
28-02-2007, 02:47 PM
its easier and quicker to unbolt the IM and push it back. leave it in the car

Waggy
05-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Are you guys talking about a proper Honda dealership service manual - or a third party one? I need one and I've read the proper Honda one - HEAPS of info in there.