PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Headunit transfer to DC2R

Kazaf
02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok guys, need abit of help here.
I've been spending the day taking the OEM headunit out which I successfully managed to do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Kazaf/SP_A0035-1.jpg

Now come to the electronic parts.

I have an Alpine 9851, which was previously installed in my EG5.
I've taken the headunit out of the EG, though the wiring harness is still there.
I have no clue how to take it out :(

If it's possible to take it out of the Civic please direct me, and also direct me of rewiring it on the DC2R.
Or should I just get a new wiring harness?

Now come to the mounting part.
I've been following this guide;
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=128

Would it be better to get the Aerpro mounting kit?

I currently have the brake console out, along with the bottom half of center console.
NEED HELP ASAP!! NEED TO PUT EVERTHING BACK TOGETHER!

CRXer
02-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Your first priority should be to get rid of that work light before u kill yourself or an innocent.

Kazaf
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Your first priority should be to get rid of that work light before u kill yourself or an innocent.

haha yep i already have.
My father was just holding it for me.

m3ntAL_l2
02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
just cut teh wires and attach to the new ones.
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=217

dw about the mounting kit its not necessary mine is ductaped 2gther and had no probs so far

bungsai
02-12-2006, 08:03 PM
You have to cut the wires from the eg5 that join the wiring harness. THe harness that belongs to the 9851 needs to come out and have sufficient wires remaining so that you can then put that 9851 wiring harness into your DC.

If you can, buy the integra wiring adaptor which plugs into the integra loom and has open wires sticking out of it ready for soldering/joining. Attach your 9851 loom to this.

I would recomment getting a mounting kit. I used the tape method and it sucked head unit always popped out.

Good luck

Kazaf
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM

dw about the mounting kit its not necessary mine is ductaped 2gther and had no probs so far

What if I rewire it incorectly?
KABOOM?

m3ntAL_l2
02-12-2006, 08:06 PM
just wire the ground wire 1st.. u shouldn't hav a problem, worse thing is ur fuse get blown.... which mine did when i was doin it my self, that cos i had the music on was cutinn the wires one by one :o
+ that wiring digram is correct

Kazaf
02-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Ok, I'm also wondering if I should just get the bracket and 2nd din tray back in, leaving the wires out so I can connect then later on?

I dont want to leave my car in a mess like this, I'd like to reassmeble everything asap before I lose the screws and parts.

m3ntAL_l2
02-12-2006, 08:09 PM
u can put everythin back now.... tehers no need for em to b out(if ur not gonan get teh mountin kit) cos later u can just wire the head unit and ductape it to teh tray and stick it st8t back in

CRXer
02-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I assume someone has cut the EG oem plug off & wired the alpine one on?

Disconnect your batt on both cars & chop the alpine plug out,marking the wires as u go & the teg wire colours will be the same as the EG.

If there is aftermarket wiring in the EG then one of us will be able to give u the teg wiring code.

If its a high power HU then ignore the yell/red wire & feed your own heavier guage wire(with appropriate fuse) off one of the aux(ignition switched) blank terminals on the front of your fuse box & upgrade the ground(black) wire as well.

Make sure all wires insulated before reconnecting batteries.

EDIT:oops,too late

Kazaf
02-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes, someone has cut the OEM plug and rewired it with the Alpine.

I assume someone has cut the EG oem plug off & wired the alpine one on?

Disconnect your batt on both cars & chop the alpine plug out,marking the wires as u go & the teg wire colours will be the same as the EG.

If there is aftermarket wiring in the EG then one of us will be able to give u the teg wiring code.

If its a high power HU then ignore the yell/red wire & feed your own heavier guage wire(with appropriate fuse) off one of the aux(ignition switched) blank terminals on the front of your fuse box & upgrade the ground(black) wire as well.

Make sure all wires insulated before reconnecting batteries.

EDIT:oops,too late

Kazaf
03-12-2006, 01:12 PM

HELP!
I've followed the diargram and power is working, antenna ect.
But speakers arent working.

So would that diagram be opposite, L + R vise versa?

m3ntAL_l2
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
:s speakers r not workin??? not even one? fromw ot i caqn remember was that if one of the wire is green and the otehr is grenn with white strip then those 2 should go 2thergeth same goes with blue etc...
i just ran down to my car n tried to check it but tehers too many wires in teher to tell whihc is which lol

m3ntAL_l2
03-12-2006, 02:59 PM
or another thing u can do is check teh back of the speakers for colour of the wires attached to em and then find the wires on the head unit n connect to them

[RSX 03]
03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
man just drive it down to Kim Car Radio.... Those guys don't overcharge!

Kazaf
03-12-2006, 04:13 PM
It's fixed, there were 2 red/yellow wires and I got it the other way around.
I've even made it so it wont fall out when I drive/ZOOM!
WIN!

Now I'm wondering if I should install my sub and amp from old car.
Might as well, or should I sell it and get PERFORMANCE PARTS!

destrukshn
03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
what sub and amp you got?
lol.

m3ntAL_l2
03-12-2006, 04:23 PM
it ant a car if it ant got subs....

Kazaf
03-12-2006, 04:53 PM
The older Clarion 12" and Jaycar Response Amp.
They really match

Neh weight reduction yo!
haha

well I got it in my Civic doing jack shit now.

Just wonderng, I've got everything on my civic
and if i was to get it over to my R it's just plug and play right?
That fuse and wiring ect?

How do I get the fuse cable through the firewall?

m3ntAL_l2
03-12-2006, 06:00 PM
theres a whole with a ruber plug stuck on it on the co-driver side when pop the bonnet, u should b able to see it easily

Kazaf
04-12-2006, 12:09 AM
yeh i see it, but is there a method that could easily pull it thru?

bungsai
04-12-2006, 03:06 PM
its easy in a dc2 man, the wire is reasonably thinck rite? 8ga at least. Just push it through and keep pushing as much as you can...its really really really easy the thread. Wire just drops into the passanger footwell.